Shannon Sharpe isn't hall worthy

major

I stand in the crowd that believes Sharpe shouldn't have been a first ballot HOF'er. Frankly, he was a big receiver that lined up in the slot or flank for a big chunk of his receiving yardage. I think of his as a TE in name only. I can't say that he dominated games like Gonzales or Gates have done. I also think that his brother is more deserving of being in the Hall than him as he was one of the 3 best in the game along with Reed and Rice.

I won't say that he wasn't deserving HOF status, but a first ballot guy should be a total game changer. Gonzales is that guy more so that Sharpe, imo.

The fact that Shannon was the first TE to surpass 10,000 yds says something. He definately dominated games like Gates and Gonzo. U kidding me?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand in the crowd that believes Sharpe shouldn't have been a first ballot HOF'er. Frankly, he was a big receiver that lined up in the slot or flank for a big chunk of his receiving yardage. I think of his as a TE in name only. I can't say that he dominated games like Gonzales or Gates have done. I also think that his brother is more deserving of being in the Hall than him as he was one of the 3 best in the game along with Reed and Rice. I won't say that he wasn't deserving HOF status, but a first ballot guy should be a total game changer. Gonzales is that guy more so that Sharpe, imo.

While I appreciate the love for Sterling Sharpe (would've been a Hall of Famer no question had he not had the neck injury), I'm wondering if you were saying he was one of the 3 best of his era or all time? If it's his era, then maybe. Tim Brown and Cris Carter have to be in the discussion also. But if it's all time and we're disregarding Don Hutson and many other legends, well that's........justnzane.

While I appreciate the love for Sterling Sharpe (would've been a Hall of Famer no question had he not had the neck injury), I'm wondering if you were saying he was one of the 3 best of his era or all time? If it's his era, then maybe. Tim Brown and Cris Carter have to be in the discussion also. But if it's all time and we're disregarding Don Hutson and many other legends, well that's........justnzane.

Who?

Do you need lessons in NFL history, whippersnapper? :flirt:

How hard could it be? Pro football history only goes back to 1960.

Some guy who would make a decent tight end in today's NFL. Maybe.

He must have played before pro football history began.

Hey billsnut.

I'd be curious to know where you got your figures from… I'd like to bookmark the link for future reference.

Keep in mind that Sharpe retired in 2003 so it's not like he played in an entirely different era.

idk off the top of my head i was scowering google for it because i knew there was a difference..ill have to go look for it again.. and i know when he retired but keep in mind he played the bulk of his 14 year career in the 90's and while its not that long ago it is a different era in respects to player sizes