Training Camp Notes: 8/5/11!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great post... only disagreement I'd have is on how well you say Thigpen throws the ball. Granted you are at camp and I am not, but from watching highlights on BB.com he's thrown a ton of wobbly ducks. Obviously your sample size is a lot greater being there, but from what's aired on the camp high lights, his deep balls all open up too much (i will say his short/intermediate throws look crisp and tight).

keep up the great posts, love reading this all the way from japan where we just survived another awesome typhoon!

Awesome job, Fitzbeardy. I couldn't make it and I'm glad to get a different insiders view.

Thanks, Mike. I love reading your reports. You are awesome..

great post... only disagreement I'd have is on how well you say Thigpen throws the ball. Granted you are at camp and I am not, but from watching highlights on BB.com he's thrown a ton of wobbly ducks. Obviously your sample size is a lot greater being there, but from what's aired on the camp high lights, his deep balls all open up too much (i will say his short/intermediate throws look crisp and tight).

keep up the great posts, love reading this all the way from japan where we just survived another awesome typhoon!

Now that I think about it - the throws I noticed most from Thigbeardy were his short to intermediate ones. They were things of beauty. You may be right about his longer balls not looking as tight - I'll pay closer attention next time I go. And man, hope all is well with you and yours over in Japan.

Good morning fitzy. Good morning fitzy's beard. Did you both sleep well?

The beard essentially acts as another pillow proving extra comfort and in turn a beautiful night's sleep. Thanks for asking!

Here's the drill I referenced in my report, the one where the D-lineman do the shadowboxing drill. I refer to #97 as McCargo in the video. My bad. That's Dotson. Unfortunately this was the second time around, if only I had caught the first time they did this, you would all crack up over Jasper's first attempt. Just looked funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gaz3hF2_Qs&feature=player_detailpage

One last video I took. I've probably said this a million times already but thanks for all of the comments. Naaman will have a good opportunity to shine next week (first preseason game). If he continues to play this way, there's no way they can cut him unless he's totally useless in the blocking and special teams department. That's why Donald Jones will make this team - not only has he caught a lot, he's tremendous on special teams and has improved his blocking skills against opposing cornerbacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB_Lqg7pxgo&feature=player_detailpage

Fitzbeardy you are giving us what the NFLntwrk and its coverage of "all 32 team" camps are not. Couldnt me more pleased with your reports. HERES TO FITZBEARDY :beer:

Amen to that, Fitzbeardy for president, or at least the Nobel peace prize. Really appreciate your reports.

Agreed. I've been to two Practices and he stood out both times. He just knows how to get open. It's a shame were going to be cutting some good wide receivers.

Since this is a developing team, why not consider trading L.Evans straight up for a position of need? OT?