Unexpected cuts on the way?

Haven't reports been that Troup is working with the ones in camp?

Yes currently Troup is penciled in as the starting NT. I know people like to get upset and take it personally if you aren't impressed by a player (I'm not saying thats you), but I was thoroughly disappointed by his play last year. Yes I know its only been one year. He could very well turn into a stud and prove me wrong...I very much hope that he does.

Troupe has played one year and he is already "awful". Come on man.

See above. Yes it has only been one year, but IMO he was awful when he was on the field last year. Again, I'd love for him to prove me wrong.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting off topic, wasn't there a report done on Troup's progression throughout the season. I know it exists but can't remember what site did the article.

Yeah, someone also released a report that Donte Whitner had a "rep as a good cover guy", that doesn't make it true. These were my observations, I fully understand that some people won't appreciate that and have different opinions, again its a small sample and I'd love nothing more than to be wrong about him.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Lol, how the F are the Raiders that far in the red? At least we have Al Davis to make Ralph look good...

Hopefully not Troup, he is awful. Jasper or Dareus

1) IDK, what's worse 15 over or 23 under?

2) By all accounts, Troup has progressed well since last year and is playing good in camp. But typical response is to replace a 2nd rounded with a 400lb gimmick who played guard last year year. If he plays well, he'll earn himself a spot on the PS.

Lots of you guys get down on player that comes to the NFL in just 1 year, you hacked on Troupe, Spiller, and Carrington - said they sucked, these guys need time to adjust to the pro game its much different playing in the NFL than it is it playing Tulane, Virginia Tech, Indiana State. They just need to figure things out, I don't know of too many rookies that come in right away and dominate the Pro Game. Year 3 is usually the break out year.

I know that the dolphins werent on that initial list but i heard something about Carey being cut

f he gets cut i would love to go after him

If Carey is cut, offer him Clabol-type money and get him here ASAP!

Turbos I agree with everyone else here that you are being very hasty to jump on Troup when reports have been positive enough that they moved KW outside to accomodate him. Nose Tackle is one of the toughest positions to come in to the pros and produce. The fact that Suh was so dominant as an Under Tackle is so freakish and further reinforces how great of a talent he is.

Frankly, I hope Jasper and Troup clog up the middle for the next 10 years for the franchise

Yes currently Troup is penciled in as the starting NT. I know people like to get upset and take it personally if you aren't impressed by a player (I'm not saying thats you), but I was thoroughly disappointed by his play last year. Yes I know its only been one year. He could very well turn into a stud and prove me wrong...I very much hope that he does.

See above. Yes it has only been one year, but IMO he was awful when he was on the field last year. Again, I'd love for him to prove me wrong.

I understand what you are saying. However, you say you would love for Troup to prove you wrong, but I get the sense that you are not exactly cheering for Troup as much as you are for Dareus & Jasper.

Yeah, someone also released a report that Donte Whitner had a "rep as a good cover guy", that doesn't make it true. These were my observations, I fully understand that some people won't appreciate that and have different opinions, again its a small sample and I'd love nothing more than to be wrong about him.

Troup was bad last year. He played with terrible leverage and didn't have the necessary core strength to hold it down against NFL centers and guards. They say the biggest leaps occur between year one and two, and this is that time frame. Hopefully the reports on him adding strength & bulk will combine with what he learned in the trenches last year. I'm waiting to see a bit of a sample from this year before I label him anything.

We have decent we need great, imagine if we had picked Bulaga and Veldheer instead of Spiller and Troupe in 2010, man our line would be sick;

LT Veldheer

LG Levitre

C Wood

RG Urbick

RT Bulaga

And Brady at QB instead of Leif Larson at DT. Ngata at DT instead of Whitner at S.

Why do that to yourself?

IMO Troup showed virtually nothing last year. Rookie or not, if you got the talent to cut it in the NFL, you need to show some flashes at least. Troup didn't.

I know a lot of posters are saying he is great in camp. EVERYONE in camp is in the best shape ever, looks like a pro bowler, etc...........then the season starts and nothing

IMAGINE IF WE WOULD HAVE TAKEN TOM BRADY OR JOE MONTANA!!!?!??!!? WHAT WERE WE THINKING!?!?!?? OMG!!!!! NGATA, ORAKPO, MATTHEWS,CLADY, OHER!!!!! WTF!!!!!! WE'RE DOOOMED!!!

Get over it already, it's an old sad act.

Sorry. I wish I woulda read your post b4 posting the same thing. I hate the hindsight game.