Here's my Training Camp Report from 7/30/2011

I almost forgot to share this with you guys. Hope you like it. Leave me any thoughts or comments in the thread. I'm going to take a nap now because I gotta work tonight and go to the night practice.

Michael

----------------------------------------------------

Finally! The lockout is over with and so is the fast paced offseason. Now it's time for Buffalo Bills training camp. The Bills had their first practice on the new grass field at St. John Fisher Saturday afternoon. It's a lot different from prior years at camp. There are lots of seats now, fans can sit in the bleachers on the new Track and Field stadium. But they can't hide under the trees anymore to keep cool. The fans are also sitting in end zone seats and don't get the nice sideline action that they were used to. The players also don't have a whole 100-yard field to practice on anymore. They now have the field split in half with two 50-yard vertical fields. It's definitely a major change from what the team and fans are used to. As for the practice, it was a steamy day outside and the players didn't do much contact due to the new CBA rules. But it was still a pretty good first day, especially when you consider the team had no mini-camps or offseason workouts.

The day started off like any other day. The Bills worked on their individual drills and did the stretches with their units. I tried to keep an eye on the wide receivers and noticed that Stevie Johnson was catching everything thrown his way. Marcus Easley on the other hand dropped a couple. After the individual drills, I noticed something weird. The wide receivers and defensive backs were doing a drill together. They ran a route and had a broom behind their backs. I'm guessing that was so they learned not to use their hands, but I might be wrong..... CLICK HERE FOR MORE:

No problem! Glad you like it! I will try to have more photos and hopefully better ones tonight. I wasn't a fan with how they came out this time.

as someone who lives outta town, i truly appreciate you taking the time to update what happens out there!,again.. thank you!

Thank you a whole lot.I'm another out of towner that wishes he were there.

Your reporting is so great.Its detailed.Please keep up the good work.

I am totally focused on the "D" this year.I love that Batten and Jasper are going full out so far.

I would also like to know what Merriman and Heard are doing.

I'm dreaming of a Dareus,Jasper,Heard goal line stand coming up this year.

Edited by AthensThunder

I almost forgot to share this with you guys. Hope you like it. Leave me any thoughts or comments in the thread. I'm going to take a nap now because I gotta work tonight and go to the night practice.

Michael

Finally! The lockout is over with and so is the fast paced offseason. Now it's time for Buffalo Bills training camp. The Bills had their first practice on the new grass field at St. John Fisher Saturday afternoon. It's a lot different from prior years at camp. There are lots of seats now, fans can sit in the bleachers on the new Track and Field stadium. But they can't hide under the trees anymore to keep cool. The fans are also sitting in end zone seats and don't get the nice sideline action that they were used to. The players also don't have a whole 100-yard field to practice on anymore. They now have the field split in half with two 50-yard vertical fields. It's definitely a major change from what the team and fans are used to. As for the practice, it was a steamy day outside and the players didn't do much contact due to the new CBA rules. But it was still a pretty good first day, especially when you consider the team had no mini-camps or offseason workouts.

The day started off like any other day. The Bills worked on their individual drills and did the stretches with their units. I tried to keep an eye on the wide receivers and noticed that Stevie Johnson was catching everything thrown his way. Marcus Easley on the other hand dropped a couple. After the individual drills, I noticed something weird. The wide receivers and defensive backs were doing a drill together. They ran a route and had a broom behind their backs. I'm guessing that was so they learned not to use their hands, but I might be wrong..... CLICK HERE FOR MORE:

Much appreciated,Mike. Great stuff for Bills fans, especially those of us who are out of state.

This is what WGR is supposed to be doing, but I guess it gets in the way of their comedy movie drafts.

PTR

That's not true at all. WGR gave an excellent camp report the other day. I was glad to hear that Sinbad is still looking good in spite of his age. Although I'm a little worried about locker room chemistry. Supposedly a big fight broke out amongst the players after Kathy Ireland kicked someone in the the nuts.

Michael

:thumbsup::thumbsup: THANKS Michael!!! You give us insight that no one else does .... it is really appreciated!