Can we PLEEEEEEEASE Sign Todd Heap or Z. Miller

when buddy and chan always talk about improvng the team, and scanning the waiver wire wouldn't one of those guys merit an improvement over our current TE's on the roster? I'm fed up with having scrubs start at TE.

While it would be nice and "splash-worthy" to sign one of the big name TEs, I'm actually curious to see what Chandler, Nelson, and the UDFA Pianalto bring during camp and preseason. I'm telling you guys, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Pianalto make this roster (and play) if he avoids the injury bug.

What is surprising and perhaps a dose of reality is that no team has rushed out to sign these TE's.

Frankly, I thought Miller would be in somebody's camp by now. Since he isn't it makes me really think about his value because every team is sitting back.

when buddy and chan always talk about improvng the team, and scanning the waiver wire wouldn't one of those guys merit an improvement over our current TE's on the roster? I'm fed up with having scrubs start at TE.

Chandler is the mystery piece of this puzzle. None of us know a lot about him but his size and reputation are promising. That said, I'd have no complaint if we'd sign Miller.

We are 'loaded' with quality wide-outs and that shows the promise of some exciting offensive football but I'd like to know we have a safety valve in a strong blocking tight end who can actually catch the ball down field and run with it. Chandler might be the answer.

All the naysayers of this board need to remember that Gailey is offensive minded and he has his name on the line for its failings or successes. So, if we really need a tight end with the ones out there still available I think we'd be grabbing one.

As far as I know Boss is still out there as well? Or did I miss something?

Boss is still out there...there was talk of the NYG close to re-signing a few days ago but as far as I know he hasn't signed yet.

They should offer him a truck load of money. He would make the team stronger the second he walks on the field.

I actually like him more than Miller. We have pass catchers on offense, I'd rather have a more versatile tight end than a field stretcher.

i would love Todd Heap, however it wont happen. i recall hearing an interview with Chan and he satated our offensive philosophy doesnt utilize TE position. wich i think is a joke if you ask me. wgr550 was talking yesterday on this too, saying they could see chandler/shawn nelson used in their position for blocking...while a taller reciever like david nelson used in TE recieving packages

I can only imagine what can be done on Off. If they sign a legit TE. plus all the WR they have and pass catching RB... might just surprise the whole NFL..... On paper it would seem like a lot of passing yards for Fitz... And a lot to cover on D

:thumbsup:

That with a legit RT to provide some time to let the plays develop could make for a surprisingly potent offense.

It's been said recently that Gailey uses the TE's as little or less than Mike Martz. I doubt we will spend money on a TE whose strength is pass catching over run blocking.

He used Gonzalez plenty in his last NFL coaching stint in KC. Also, Gailey broke into the league as a TE coach.

It's been said recently that Gailey uses the TE's as little or less than Mike Martz. I doubt we will spend money on a TE whose strength is pass catching over run blocking.

Gailey knows offense and he uses the weapons he has. If you read any of his post season quotes from last year you can see that he was frustrated in his plans for Spiller but Gonzalez was an intricate part of Kansas City's offensive game plan with Coach Chan so don't discount his ability to game plan TE's into the overall scheme. However, with all the weapons we have to create a wide open offense, he might not be really worrying about a TE with Evans, Stevie, Roscoe, Nelson, Smith, Easley, Jones, and Namaan (I hope) on the roster.

The Bills seem to feel they have their Big Game TE on the roster already and who can say with certainty that they don't? The same seems to hold true for RT. Where they seem concerned right now is at LB, and I think they should be. That seems to be at the top of the list of uncertainty.

The Bills seem to feel they have their Big Game TE on the roster already and who can say with certainty that they don't? The same seems to hold true for RT. Where they seem concerned right now is at LB, and I think they should be. That seems to be at the top of the list of uncertainty.

Have to agree, it makes more sense to focus more attention on our defense for the time being. We got our back up QB, we got another weapon in Brad Smith and we're adding them to an offense that for the most part moved the ball well last year. The bottom line is our defense last year took us out of several games early, so it makes sense to bolste the defense more.

On the other hand id be ecstatic to find out that we at least made an effort for Miller. We may not run an offense that incorporates TEs well but I trust in Gailey's coaching schemes enough that he would be a nice fit.

And also very happy Heap went to Arizona, Jet fans are really starting to get flustered. Many are even upset that they signed Burress. I would know, I live in Jets territory.