[closed]Just lost another one!

Reasons Free Agents don't go to Bills:

#1 - Organization - not exactly a storied franchise that spends whatever it takes to win

#2 - City/Area - most players (like Burnett) would rather stay in a warm climate rather than cold weather city

True we can't even get fans like you to come to the cold weather!!

The Bills are basically getting the a$$es handed to them in free agency. The other teams in the division, who were already better, are bringing in one top player after another while the Bills slide backwards. It doesn't really bode well for the season...

Does anyone see a pattern here?

Clabo stays in Atlanta despite more money from the Bills, we think.

Burnett goes to Miami, after Buffalo makes a pitch for him.

Sorry guys, but the pattern of being a losing franchise compounded with the stigma of Buffalo as a city is killing this team.

I mean it sounds like the FO is actually trying to sign guys, but can't. maybe Ralph knew this all along and didn't want to embarass the franchise and city?

Food for thought.

Great. Lost another LB (Wake) to Miami. And Miami sucks, but has nice weather.

Good thing we let him "shop around" with the promise to come back in a couple of days. <_<

Too bad we didn't stick him in a locker until he agreed to sign?

I think its very telling no ones upset we have to play him twice.

Good points. Let's examine this situation - "I currently live and work in San Diego, a very nice city with perhaps the best climate in the country. Would I rather move to Miami or Buffalo? Let me think - yeah, Miami sounds good. Weather, beaches, babes - yeah, that sounds good". In the days when the Bills were a perenial contender, free agents ignored all that because at least they could be on a winning team. Until the Bills become competitive, they will have a very hard time recruiting anyone. It seems to me they are trying, but they are going to have to make this transition in the short term lacking the ability to recruit free agents with choices. Get used to it.

Nobody COMES to Buffalo - they END UP in Buffalo......

Think we were T.O.'s top choice? No - we were his only choice. Same thing with Merriman - we claimed him and he's here because it's possibly his only opportunity to prove he can still play - guaranteed that if he does manage to regain something near his old form he'll be outta here quicker than Buddy and Co. can put some pathetic spin on it.

Guys come to Buffalo because they have no other options or because they have opportunities to play where they would never see the field elsewhere. Brad Smith? The guy is here because we might actually use him instead of letting him ride the pine in NY. If we manage to get a tackle or a TE it'll be because that player hasn't drawn interest elsewhere.

It feels like the the geek in high school who can't get a date - most girls won't even give him the time of day but a few are friendly enough to say maybe, IF they don't get a better offer from someone else. Kevin Burnett is a prime example - "sure - we can go the the prom, but give me a couple of days before we finalize anything".

Edited by The Avenger

Isn't Kevin Burnett the kind of overpaid mid-tier free agent signing that Bills fans have been killing OBD for?

Don't forget, not even at a premium position. Almost dockery-Esque, with less of a resume.

Again, has a single person said they are upset he went to a division rival?

Don't forget, not even at a premium position. Almost dockery-Esque, with less of a resume.

Again, has a single person said they are upset he went to a division rival?

I'd rather have Siler...he'd be cheaper and more upside.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.