Miami cuts ILB crowder

TPS

id be surprised if edwards doesnt talk to him with their history.

"George is like my second father," Crowder said Friday morning along Radio Row in the Super Bowl media center. "The coolest coach in the NFL."

Crowder knows Edwards well. They went through a 3-4 transformation together with the Dolphins, where Edwards was linebackers coach the past five seasons.

Edwards left the Dolphins in January to be the defensive coordinator at the University of Florida, Crowder's alma mater. Crowder shook his head at the idea of Edwards leaving the Gators after three weeks.

"I guess he thought the opportunity in Buffalo was better," Crowder said. "I was upset about the Florida thing, but with the love I have for George Edwards and knowing the type of coach he is, I'm happy for him. Buffalo got a great coach."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/tag/_/name/channing-crowder/count/46 Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

Free agent ILB Channing Crowder reportedly "loves" Bills defensive coordinator George Edwards.

It's interesting to note that ex-Bills LB Kawika Mitchell tweeted Friday, "Buffalo. You have a new LB heading your way. That's my guess," in reference to Crowder. Edwards was Crowder's position coach in Miami from 2005 through 2009, and also coached at Florida (Crowder's alma mater). The Bills have a need at inside 'backer.

I want him AND Burnett w/ Davis rotating in that's a good ILB crew IMO. If Merriman is healthy look out!

They very likely won't do it, but that would be the best thing to do. Bring in both of them. Crowder won't cost a fortune. Use all three plus as much of Shep as he can handle, then get rid of Davis after one year and start to groom a young guy. Crowder and Burnet would be in their late 20s next year and still have a couple good years of production. Shep would start or split the downs between all three. Then Battan or White can be groomed slowly. That would be ideal, and our defense would be instantly a lot better.

They very likely won't do it, but that would be the best thing to do. Bring in both of them. Crowder won't cost a fortune. Use all three plus as much of Shep as he can handle, then get rid of Davis after one year and start to groom a young guy. Crowder and Burnet would be in their late 20s next year and still have a couple good years of production. Shep would start or split the downs between all three. Then Battan or White can be groomed slowly. That would be ideal, and our defense would be instantly a lot better.

pretty please?

I live in Miami and Crowder is one colorful, likeable guy whom I have met. He is a average LB which I will take at this point considering the lack of other options.

agree 100%, rather have someother guys but i am setting my hopes low.

Ive gotta say as the days go by with all of these players becoming available, I hope we atleast have SOMETHING in mind. Mark Tauscher the OT from the Packers just became available, Crowder obviously from Miami (not a great pickup by any means but serviceable), Ty Warren, etc. I just hope we are going to be active AT SOME POINT of this free agency period and pickup some players. There is a lot of guys that are going to get cut that we could use, but watching them come and go is getting very frustrating when you look at the improvements the rest of our division is making. Teams that were already far superior to us are getting better.