There can only be one plan: Andrew Luck

Nope. No panic or overreaction at TBD.

PTR

Panic or overraction. Have you and Nix been napping together for the past decade? What on earth has the FO done to instill confidence in you. Sign Kelsay to a long term deal, but not Puz? Draft a situational back w/ the 10th pick in 2010. Make the easiest draft pick on earth in 2011 in the 1st round. Stop telling people they are overreacting. It's not overreaction. It's REALITY, the FO has no clue what they are doing. Before you tell people they are overreacting, please provide some evidence of something the FO has done right in the last 10 years. Or are you happy to just wait for another 10 years of sucking.

Can we stop this **** already! we aren't but one day into this and you are already clamoring for next years draft. There is plenty of time to sign guys plus we need to see if our own guys can play. If you are referring to Poz he's no great loss so relax already. Finally we haven't been bad enough to get the first overall pick since 85 so you better get a different draft strategy. :doh::wacko:

And the last time we made the playoffs was when, oh, not in the past decade. I agree the strategy is not to go after Luck, the strategy is that Nix is a moron who has no clue what he's doing.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol... I wanted to keep Poz, but if ANY of you think he's worth $7 Mil a year you're CrAZy!!!

I agree with the general concept. I wanted to keep him, but probably not worth what he got. But it depends on what we do with that $7M instead. If it is spent wisely on a very deep free agent market, then I don't think Poz is a loss. If it is used to tack a couple more years on to Kelsey, or to be put back in Ralph's pocket, then it would have been nice to have Poz instead.

I'm also a little concerned that all we hear from Nix is that the strategy is to build through the draft, eschew high-priced free agents and the trade market, and spend nearly all of our free agent money on re-signing our own players. But then step 1 is to immediately lose our best LB, who was identified pretty strongly by Nix as someone we wanted back. If step 2 is to lose Florence, I'd have to seriously question the strategy.

:worthy:

This whole build through the draft philosophy is predicated on resigning your own FA's. We do not seem to do this. If our own FA's are not good enough to re-sign then our drafts are even worst then first imagined.

But I have to question why the FO kept telling us how much they wanted Poz. I guess they forgot to add "only at the right price".

I don't know if Poz is worth the money or not. I do know that now we have a new hole to fill.

Lol... I wanted to keep Poz, but if ANY of you think he's worth $7 Mil a year you're CrAZy!!!

If Kelsay is worth 6 million, then Poz is worth 8!!!!

:worthy:

This whole build through the draft philosophy is predicated on resigning your own FA's. We do not seem to do this. If our own FA's are not good enough to re-sign then our drafts are even worst then first imagined.

But I have to question why the FO kept telling us how much they wanted Poz. I guess they forgot to add "only at the right price".

I don't know if Poz is worth the money or not. I do know that now we have a new hole to fill.

We cannever build anything wiothout re-signing starters that were decent. We will only be trying to repklace solid peices like Clements, Winfield, Williams, etc as in the past.

It looks that way. Save yourself some money no Direct tv this year lol

I am seriously thinking about it. Got back with Direct TV last year only to watch the bills. 600 plus is a lot to pay to watch last year's performance.

Cuz most people here are senile and think Poz is apparently irreplaceable. :rolleyes:

First of all nowhere do I talk about Poz in my post yet half the people assume it is why I am pissed.

Why do people keep thinking year after year that all the sudden we are better than the year before. We have not signed anybody that improves us. We have lost our second best defensive player (not arguing what he is worth or not worth but he was our second best player on defense). Why do a bunch of gullible bills fan believe year after year that we are getting better. We are not. 10 years of putrid results is not enough to open your eyes??? Dont bring up the F__+ing draft because every other team drafted also and most of them are much better at it then we are.

This is a tight race. Unfortunatelly I think the Benguls are getting worst faster than the Bills. :-(

Bengals are our biggest competition for Luck. They also drafted Andy Dalton in the first round last year and have glaring needs everywhere besides AJ Green. I think the Bills are going to return to sub-mediocrity and win 6 games or so. That would cost us Luck. Nothing worse then submediocrity!

Panic or overraction. Have you and Nix been napping together for the past decade? What on earth has the FO done to instill confidence in you. Sign Kelsay to a long term deal, but not Puz? Draft a situational back w/ the 10th pick in 2010. Make the easiest draft pick on earth in 2011 in the 1st round. Stop telling people they are overreacting. It's not overreaction. It's REALITY, the FO has no clue what they are doing. Before you tell people they are overreacting, please provide some evidence of something the FO has done right in the last 10 years. Or are you happy to just wait for another 10 years of sucking.

And the last time we made the playoffs was when, oh, not in the past decade. I agree the strategy is not to go after Luck, the strategy is that Nix is a moron who has no clue what he's doing.

A couple of problems...

Nix hasn't been here for 10yrs, thus, what you speak of is impossible.

Concerning Kelsay, we are a hybrid defense now. It has been said on a number of occasions. His deal is over the top, but when he played as a 4-3 DE last season, he was actually quite good. There, I said it.

And considering your attitude towards the front office, you'd be freaking out if we gave Poz Jax-type of money.

So what you're really saying it that the FO sucks so bad because they did extend Kelsay, but they didn't overreact and overpay for Poz, right?

Edited by stony

The only to explain the moves or lack of from this 4-12 franchise is that we are positioning ourselves for Andrew Luck. No other explanation makes sense.

your screen name is right you are off your rocker

Edited by shadowcat10

Yes it's an overreaction. Open a dictionary and this would be the example given of overreaction. We lost one player and we are in full panic mode. A player, by the way, no one felt was worth signing at $6M let alone $7M. Oh, did I mention it's day one of free agency?

PTR

Well i guess if you repeat something enough, and say "look in a dictionary" it must be true....

The only to explain the moves or lack of from this 4-12 franchise is that we are positioning ourselves for Andrew Luck. No other explanation makes sense.

Why do the Bills want top draft another Stanford QB that played in the WCO like Trent Edwards. It also remains to be seen if he will still be the top rated QB at the end of the season, look at Jake Locker

Anyway, free agency isn't even over yet....lets wait and see.

However, if an explanation making sense is your criterion, then since matching the offer the free market has bestowed upon Poz makes little sense for the Bills as well.

It is true that Pos was the best LB we had last year, but this mostly speaks to how lackluster our LBs were. There us talent not that much worse than Pos like Siler who likely can be had for much less of a cap hit.

I know this is sad but I think it is true.

I preferred retaining Poz but not at the price he signed for with Jacksonville. Was Poz our best LB on the roster last year? Probably so. But not being able to responsibly match talent to the value of the contract is what has hindered this franchise, not advanced it.

When the Bills signed Dockery and Langston Walker with bonanza free agent contracts they claimed that these players filled desperate needs. The problem was that these very average type of players could have been procured for a much cheaper price (as you noted) allowing the team to expend cap money for other needs.

Nix not over paying for a non-impact player is not the same thing of sometimes having to over pay for an impact player. In my view Nix/Whaley are doing the right thing in not overreaching for a need. There are going to be a number of similar type of players who can replace Poz without anyone noticing the difference in play.

Edited by JohnC

Well he was probably our second best player on a defense that went 4-12. But you make one good point they always chose not to re-sign players that are successful. Build through the draft my -ss. The few time they are successful with a pick they let them walk away.

BS-The guy sucked. He's wasnt the 2nd best player on defense either...after Williams every single one of our secondary players was better than him. Jacksonville can have him and Trent Edwards-They got snookered and overpaid....Losers-all of them -Jacksonville-Pud and Edwards. Bills will pick up a LB in free agency. There a bunch of them out there -all better than Pud-lose-knee.

I preferred retaining Poz but not at the price he signed for with Jacksonville. Was Poz our best LB on the roster last year? Probably so. But not being able to responsibly match talent to the value of the contract is what has hindered this franchise, not advanced it.

When the Bills signed Dockery and Langston Walker with bonanza free agent contracts they claimed that these players filled desperate needs. The problem was that these very average type of players could have been procured for a much cheaper price (as you noted) allowing the team to expend cap money for other needs.

Nix not over paying for a non-impact player is not the same thing of sometimes having to over pay for an impact player. In my view Nix/Whaley are doing the right thing in not overreaching for a need. There are going to be a number of similar type of players who can replace Poz without anyone noticing the difference in play.

Correct-Poz is HIGHLY replaceable. When we signed Dockery and Walker and overpaid for them , we were all excited even though we had no idea who they were, we just assumed they must be good if we signed them right? Well jacksonville fans right now probably assume that Poz-Lose-Knee is some great signing...Wait til they see how average he is. Jacksonville is going nowhere fast....

This is a tight race. Unfortunatelly I think the Benguls are getting worst faster than the Bills. :-(

Does everyone realize that Luck is a redshirt junior this year and has two years of eligibility left? He may look at who the top three teams in the 2012 Draft are and decide to attend graduate school.

Bengals are our biggest competition for Luck. They also drafted Andy Dalton in the first round last year and have glaring needs everywhere besides AJ Green. I think the Bills are going to return to sub-mediocrity and win 6 games or so. That would cost us Luck. Nothing worse then submediocrity!

Dalton was taken in the 2nd.... But I see your point. Although every year there are a few teams who need Qbs. Carolina took Clausen then turned around and took Newton with the first over all. I like Dalton but something tells me if Cincy gets the 1st pick they will take Luck.

Does everyone realize that Luck is a redshirt junior this year and has two years of eligibility left? He may look at who the top three teams in the 2012 Draft are and decide to attend graduate school.

I got news for Luck. If he gets drafted in the top 3, it will be by a crappy team. He can wait as long as he wants, the teams at the top of the draft suck. It is not like they will reverse the order of the draft year after next so this is really kind of a silly argument.

Why do the Bills want top draft another Stanford QB that played in the WCO like Trent Edwards. It also remains to be seen if he will still be the top rated QB at the end of the season, look at Jake Locker

Anyway, free agency isn't even over yet....lets wait and see.

Agree with you on who knows who will be the top rated player. Jake Locker was the guy last year everybody was talking about. But I have to say, Luck looks like a great player right now. I have watched a few of his games and he is impressive.

This thread should be removed, it makes little to no sense whatsoever. You're telling me that the front office regime going into maybe their most important offseason had a plan to tank this year in order to draft one player next year? Doubt it.

your screen name is right you are off your rocker

I realize they are not trying to suck on purpose to draft Luck of course but I think they really missed out on great opportunities to really improve themselves.

This thread should be removed, it makes little to no sense whatsoever. You're telling me that the front office regime going into maybe their most important offseason had a plan to tank this year in order to draft one player next year? Doubt it.

I guess you have never heard of somebopdy being facetious or sarcastic? I promise to be more literal in my next thread in order not to upset you.