Bills sign Tyler Thigpen

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but this is a fill a hole move & not a solution to the long term problem that we need a Franchise QB

Fitzpatrick is a fighter but he not the answer I would sign Young, McNabb, or trade for Orton or Kolb because I sick of substandard QB play

Sorry but this is a fill a hole move & not a solution to the long term problem that we need a Franchise QB

Fitzpatrick is a fighter but he not the answer I would sign Young, McNabb, or trade for Orton or Kolb because I sick of substandard QB play

Fitz was named the starter months ago. He deserved it, the Bills weren't going to make any move to downplay that.

three year deal per @omarkelly of the Sun Sentinel:

"Tyler Thigpen has agreed to terms on a three year deal with Buffalo. He's reuniting with Chan Gailey, his former OC in Kansas City."

No brainer, if true, and a good signing.

I might...MIGHT...take a flier on VY but the fact that you think that he or the God awful McNabb are "the answer" is laughable. And right now, the asking price for both Orton & Kolb reportedly starts with a 1st Rounder. Not to mention that there will be several good signal callers in next year's draft. Thank God you're not the Bills' GM. It's only your first post so hopefully you'll improve. Then again, that 'Chicken Little' mentality will serve you well around here.

I like the move. Perfect back-up to my boy Fitzy.

He's a solid vet. I just hope he understands he is coming in as the backup:

"Thigpen, whom the Dolphins traded a 2010 fifth-round pick to acquire in 2009, enjoyed his stay in Miami, but never felt like he got a fair opportunity to challenge Chad Henne for playing time because of the second-round pick this regime invested in Henne. Anytime Thigpen played in a game the past two seasons he did it with little practice time with the starting unit,"

The backup never gets much practice time with the starting unit or a "fair opportunity" to challenge the starter. I hope it's the reporter, and not Thigpen, who doesn't understand this.

:lol: I hope you're being sarcastic. You think Young or McNabb would be a Bills franchise QB?

I like Fitzpatrick but he a backup just like Thigpen & the need for a franchise QB isn't being addressed

I feel like this is going to be another losing season & we probably won't be in the running for Andrew Luck & as a fan of 35 years its a huge let down that the team isn't doing more to win

I like Fitzpatrick but he a backup just like Thigpen & the need for a franchise QB isn't being addressed

I feel like this is going to be another losing season & we probably won't be in the running for Andrew Luck & as a fan of 35 years its a huge let down that the team isn't doing more to win

And at this point in time how would you acquire a franchise QB? Kidnap Luck?

We needed a capable back up and got it.

I understand you guys want to be loyal & root for the underdog player but you got to be realistic we won 4 games last year & look at this years schedule we will probably lose the first 5 games

& I rather try to find a solution to the problem then just settle for what we have otherwise get ready to pick in the top 5 in the Draft again

Hey guys! I am sure you remember that I was the one who said Bledsoe would be a bill and you all laughed at me. Then I said Owens will be a Bill and you all laughed. I also said last summer that Thigpen will be a Bill. Again you all laughed at me. The only reason we couldn't get him last year was because the phins wouldn't give him up. :) I know things my friends!

I won't have hated taking a chance on Young or possibly Jackson, but this is a solid move. Don't forget, people trashed Fitz being signed at first. Hopefully, we get our franchise QB in the draft last year and he will learn under 2 QBs who have Gailey's offense down pat.