Does Being Rich Make you Stupid?

Of course, I'm referring to Jim Kelly leaving his "treasured" rings, watch, & family photos, and other memorabilia in his unlocked vehicle in his driveway in a briefcase. He may as well hung a sign on his vehicle... ATTENTION DRUG ADDICTS & THIEVES: FREE JIM KELLY GOODIES...VEHICLE UNLOCKED. As drunken Bob would say, "Are you freaken kidding me?" Now I'm not trying to diminish this crime in any way. This Sapp dude deserves prison time. But c'mon Jimbo...what were ya thinkin? If I was rich & famous, I would have a gated driveway entrance, my entire property fenced in, along with guard dogs, security cameras, & warning signs, and more. I would lock my vehicles & home, & if anybody wanted anything valuable of mine, they would need to be very clever & bring a lot of tools. I mean really...isn't this what celebrities do, knowing full well they are an automatic target? Now, addressing the rumors of Kelly having people lined up to buy the Bills after Ralph passes on...is he smart enuf to pull this off? That's my rant for the day...go ahead...let me have it.

Of course, I'm referring to Jim Kelly leaving his "treasured" rings, watch, & family photos, and other memorabilia in his unlocked vehicle in his driveway in a briefcase. He may as well hung a sign on his vehicle... ATTENTION DRUG ADDICTS & THIEVES: FREE JIM KELLY GOODIES...VEHICLE UNLOCKED. As drunken Bob would say, "Are you freaken kidding me?" Now I'm not trying to diminish this crime in any way. This Sapp dude deserves prison time. But c'mon Jimbo...what were ya thinkin? If I was rich & famous, I would have a gated driveway entrance, my entire property fenced in, along with guard dogs, security cameras, & warning signs, and more. I would lock my vehicles & home, & if anybody wanted anything valuable of mine, they would need to be very clever & bring a lot of tools. I mean really...isn't this what celebrities do, knowing full well they are an automatic target? Now, addressing the rumors of Kelly having people lined up to buy the Bills after Ralph passes on...is he smart enuf to pull this off? That's my rant for the day...go ahead...let me have it.

You could start living like that now.All you have to do is to walk into any bank with a gun and the state will put you in the kind of guarded community that you desire.

Edited by AthensThunder

You could start living like that now.All you have to do is to walk into any bank with a gun and the state will put you in the kind of guarded community that you desire.

I never said I desired that kind of life. I'm happy being a nobody. But I still take my valuables in the house at night & lock my vehicle anyway.

Now, I like Jim Kelly, I've met him a few times, he grew up into a rather decent guy...but let's be honest, even before he had money he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Of course, I'm referring to Jim Kelly leaving his "treasured" rings, watch, & family photos, and other memorabilia in his unlocked vehicle in his driveway in a briefcase. He may as well hung a sign on his vehicle... ATTENTION DRUG ADDICTS & THIEVES: FREE JIM KELLY GOODIES...VEHICLE UNLOCKED. As drunken Bob would say, "Are you freaken kidding me?" Now I'm not trying to diminish this crime in any way. This Sapp dude deserves prison time. But c'mon Jimbo...what were ya thinkin? If I was rich & famous, I would have a gated driveway entrance, my entire property fenced in, along with guard dogs, security cameras, & warning signs, and more. I would lock my vehicles & home, & if anybody wanted anything valuable of mine, they would need to be very clever & bring a lot of tools. I mean really...isn't this what celebrities do, knowing full well they are an automatic target?

I was thinking the same thing. I'm paranoid about my own stuff as it is.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps he was out with his wife's best friend & had a few drinks & wasn't thinking too clearly when he pulled in the driveway...oh, wait...that would still make him stupid for drinking & driving. Oh gosh...perhaps I am carrying past grudges. After two decades I am still trying to answer my real question. Do four losses equal one win?

Enuf is definitely enuf... :rolleyes:

Edited by Buftex

What does Jim having lots of money have to do with making a more common mistake than you obviously realize?

In other words, broke people leave what they would consider "valuable items" in their unlocked vehicle all the time. One has nothing to do with the other, I smell sour grapes.

Money doesnt make people stupid.

Most people already start stupid, and adding money to the equation just gives them the resources to make it more obvious.

Especially when we're talking about professional athletes or entertainers.