Time to Cut Moorman

I have it on good authority that DeHaven uses more than a dozen different terms for punt, including: toe jam, el punto, sister-kisser, Detroit Touchdown, pecan sandy, nutcracker and Pele.

You don't want to know how many terms he has for hang time, and when it comes to directional kicking he often calls in the plays in pig-latin or gibberish. Just look at the punting stats from his time in Seattle. DeHaven single handedly ruined the career of Ryan Plackemeier, who was regarded as the most talented punter to come out of the ACC since Scott Player. Having a bad punting game with Plackemeier is like Kasparov losing at Chinese Checkers, it doesn't make sense. Buffalo will never have a punting game with that bum DeHaven running the show on ST.

1/8/00, approximately 3:25 EST: "Ok guys, whatever you do, don't let Wycheck escape from the middle of the field. I want that sucker surrounded."

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year, Moorman ranked as follows:

yards/punt: 24th

net yards/punt: 23rd

Punts inside 20: 28th

Touchbacks: 9th (that is, he had the ninth most touchbacks - it's not a good rating)

Avg return yards: 20th

# of fair catches: 13th

http://espn.go.com/n...rds/order/false

All in all, it was a bottom feeder of a season for Moorman.

Supporting cast: 28th

I made that up. ;)

We should take a good hard look at Reggie Robie.

I think he's available and it would be cool to have the only black punter in the league.

One time I saw Robie walking into the tunnel at Rich Stadium and as he was walking in he tripped on the turf and fell on the ground.

I said to him- " Robie you can't walk , let alone punt!"....He flipped me off.

Thought that was funny.

Lighten up everyone-The Moorman thing is a joke....Funny too!

Go Bills.

The uniforms from the past 8-9 seasons sucked-badly with exception of logo. Just all over the place.

Buffalo owns a very appealing brand IMO with either the standing or charging buffalo

The only teams with worse unis...

* Baltimore- For whatever reason, the team, brand, logo, color scheme etc has absolutely no appeal

* Seattle- Logo still fine, but Go back to the 70/80's Chuck Knox, Steve Largent look

* Tampa Bay- A bad Pirates Of The Carribean themed cross between the Niners and Raiders-Originals are way cooler

* AZ Cardinals- Color Scheme fine, nothing intimidating about a cardinal or any small bird for that matter

We will shoot to top five best looking with our new unis.

And that alone is enough for us to make it to the Superbowl.

It is actually spelled "Roby." And not only would we have the only black punter in the league, we would have the only deceased punter in the league, since he died about six and a half years ago. That statement makes the original post seem almost intelligent.

• 1 month later...

A few notables made their Buffalo debuts in 2001:

Nate Clements - gone.

Travis Henry - gone.

New uniforms - as of yesterday, gone.

Aaron Schobel - Finally. Officially. Gone.

Brian Moorman - not gone.

Ten years later, and the B-man has given some groovy times. Fans got a kick out of buying his jersey ironically. He was great for the community. And he was an all around super nice guy.

But it's been ten years. Tomorrow's new uniforms will officially usher out an era--a sad, self-destructing, playoffless era. A decade of despair.

There's but one Bill who strapped on a uniform for each and everyone of those 160 soul shattering **** bombs. Brian Moorman.

It's time we close this chapter. Slam the book shut, and throw it in the fire.

Brian Moorman has got to go.

Not just to satisfy some silly superstition, no.

He should be cut because he had a genuinely ****ty season last year AND because it would satisfy some silly superstition (and we Bills fans eat that **** up).

Besides, I'm getting tired of the nice guys and the moral victories and all that ****. I'm not saying we have to get a cop killer back there to punt the ball, but part of me thinks it would be really cool if we did.

Especially if the cop killer managed to crack the top-20 in ANY meaningful punting statistic, something Moorman failed to do in 2010.

I am so jazzed to see the new uniforms tomorrow. I love the fact that Marcel Dareus will be the first first rounder to squeeze into one. The first first rounder to don the old ones, Nate Clements.

We've ditched the backfield for the trenches. It's time we swap the nice-guy with the cop killer, or any other competent punter.

Yes, Moorman has put up some great numbers.

He's been a community icon.

He's been Mr. Reliable

But Christ. He's a punter. Are his contributions reeeeeally irreplaceable? Can we stop being so damn proud to call our punter our best player?

Which would you rather have: more of the same, or a fresh new start?

A new era begins tomorrow.

Is Baltimore releasing Ray Lewis? Can he punt?

Edited by Erik Flowers

Nate Clements - gone.

Travis Henry - gone.

Ten years later, and the B-man has given some groovy times. Fans got a kick out of buying his jersey ironically. He was great for the community. And he was an all around super nice guy.

But it's been ten years. Tomorrow's new uniforms will officially usher out an era--a sad, self-destructing, playoffless era. A decade of despair.

There's but one Bill who strapped on a uniform for each and everyone of those 160 soul shattering **** bombs. Brian Moorman.

He should be cut because he had a genuinely ****ty season last year AND because it would satisfy some silly superstition (and we Bills fans eat that **** up).

Besides, I'm getting tired of the nice guys and the moral victories and all that ****. I'm not saying we have to get a cop killer back there to punt the ball, but part of me thinks it would be really cool if we did.

Especially if the cop killer managed to crack the top-20 in ANY meaningful punting statistic, something Moorman failed to do in 2010.

I am so jazzed to see the new uniforms tomorrow. I love the fact that Marcel Dareus will be the first first rounder to squeeze into one. The first first rounder to don the old ones, Nate Clements.

We've ditched the backfield for the trenches. It's time we swap the nice-guy with the cop killer, or any other competent punter.

He's been Mr. Reliable

But Christ. He's a punter. Are his contributions reeeeeally irreplaceable? Can we stop being so damn proud to call our punter our best player?

OK, what are you smoking, can you share it?

Seriously, you got to be kidding? By the way, it has often been said he is the best athlete on the team. And not to mention, he has consistently been one of the best punters in the NFL. If he played in NY City, or Dallas, he'd be a superstar.

So put down the pipe, and go clear your head.

Moorman is still one of the better punters in the league and he is a tremendous person as well. Yesterday i watched him sign over 100 autographs for fans and he made sure he did not miss anyone. I know that is not criteria for keeping a guy on the team, but he is a stand-up guy and a good player. Lets just let him do his thing.

Nate Clements - gone.

Travis Henry - gone.

He's been Mr. Reliable

Ryan Denny?

OK, what are you smoking, can you share it?

Seriously, you got to be kidding? By the way, it has often been said he is the best athlete on the team. And not to mention, he has consistently been one of the best punters in the NFL. If he played in NY City, or Dallas, he'd be a superstar.

So put down the pipe, and go clear your head.

Moorman is still one of the better punters in the league and he is a tremendous person as well. Yesterday i watched him sign over 100 autographs for fans and he made sure he did not miss anyone. I know that is not criteria for keeping a guy on the team, but he is a stand-up guy and a good player. Lets just let him do his thing.

What he said.

You guys should check out The Buffalo Bills Season 2010. It might surprise you, a lot's happened since Season 2009--or for some of you with a little more catching up to do, 2008.

You guys should check out The Buffalo Bills Season 2010. It might surprise you, a lot's happened since Season 2009--or for some of you with a little more catching up to do, 2008.

Don't have to convince me. If Reid Forrest can boot it and hold on FGs, it may be time to say thank you and show Moorman the door. The Bills ought not be in the business of giving out jobs to every guy who has a foundation and signs autographs. The next guy'll do that too.

I'm not really interested in what he did from 2001-2009 or that if Buffalo were Oakland blah blah blah. We all know Jerry Glanville's quote. Moorman's production peaked in 2006 and last year was terrible. I don't know if he's got a dead leg or just lost his touch or both. I'm pleased that Nix brought in someone who would be a real challenge at the spot. The camp and preseason will give both a chance to show what they've got.

I'm not quite sure why the thing about new unis got thrown in there, or why some otherwise good posters here are getting hung up on this odd linkage.... But from my vantage, this is all about production.

Don't have to convince me. If Reid Forrest can boot it and hold on FGs, it may be time to say thank you and show Moorman the door. The Bills ought not be in the business of giving out jobs to every guy who has a foundation and signs autographs. The next guy'll do that too.

I'm not really interested in what he did from 2001-2009 or that if Buffalo were Oakland blah blah blah. We all know Jerry Glanville's quote. Moorman's production peaked in 2006 and last year was terrible. I don't know if he's got a dead leg or just lost his touch or both. I'm pleased that Nix brought in someone who would be a real challenge at the spot. The camp and preseason will give both a chance to show what they've got.

I'm not quite sure why the thing about new unis got thrown in there, or why some otherwise good posters here are getting hung up on this odd linkage.... But from my vantage, this is all about production.

Original post is from eve of uniform unveiling--an occasion that many Bills fans and I awaited with great anticipation.

I was thinking hard on the symbolism of the change, and glancing at some stats, was astonished to find that Moorman started 160 consecutive heart stomping games.

THEN I thought back on how terrible he was in 2010.

THEN I thought about how he reigned King Turd over an era-worth-forgetting, how the unis ushered in a new dawn, then I hit my pipe and hopped on TSW.

Edited by The Big Cat