Ralph Never Fails

(Rant incited by his bastardly 401k and pension stunt)

He just never fails to prove everyone right about how miserably cheap he is, and how counterproductive his actions are. I don't even say he has lost touch with the game anymore because that would insinuate that he ever had a clue in the first place. Our beloved Bills franchise is peppered with countless acts of stupidity that can be directly blamed on Ralph. Don't kid yourselves that he is anything more than a greedy owner.

His actions to help pioneer the AFL in the early days were his best contributions to the game, and they are well deserved, but they are also acts of a man protecting his investment at the time, and while I will always applaud him for those efforts, I am now ready for him to own up to his mess, stop trying to convince the world that NFL football is not economically viable in Buffalo, and allow a new owner with a passion for our city, and winning come in and get this dismal franchise back on track.

Look back at all the decisions he has made throughout the team's 50+ year history and try to not make any excuses for him while analyzing his decisions, and just see if it doesn't look like he was intentionally trying to fail. It's a business, I get it, you're in it to make money, yippee for you... and you(Ralph) have done that year in and year out without fail, but in the grand scheme of things, your decisions have produced only 17 out of a possible 51 playoff teams, and really 10 of those are due to Bill Polian, it becomes crystal clear that the bottom line and margin of profit are the only real concerns.

Margin of profits have given us the fans this blasphemous abomination I call the Toronto series. I guess 50k plus season ticket sales, record setting merchandise sales for sub par talent and lousy jersey designs weren't enough for us to take as fans, He had to give away one home game, just to cram his point down the world's throats that Buffalo needs that to survive. Sorry folks, WNY may not be Dallas or Miami(Thank Jesus in Heaven for that), this team has plenty of fan support, and a very large area in which to rely on to remain viable for decades to come, don't let ralphie pooh trick you that it's not.

I love this team and pray that we as fans get rewarded with a new owner in the mold of Terry Pegula, the city of Buffalo deserves it more than any other in the country, 50+ years of threats of moving and miserable decisions is about enough.

My rant, feel free to comment, bash, agree or post whatever you like, whether deserved or not, Ralph had this coming...

OHHH yes, and to punch just one more black eye to the faces of thousands of Bills fans everywhere, change the uniforms to something OTHER THAN the massively popular throwbacks that look timelessly classy to the butt-ugly, loserly 70's post Simpson era fodder. Thanks again.... seriously.... is this team a secret reality show?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ralph is not doing anything 31 other NFL owners aren't doing as well. You also conveniently neglect to mention all the millions Ralph gives to charity, including the medical research program that helped Kevin Everett walk again.

But hey don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

PTR

He just never fails to prove everyone right about how miserably cheap he is, and how counterproductive his actions are. I don't even say he has lost touch with the game anymore because that would insinuate that he ever had a clue in the first place. Our beloved Bills franchise is peppered with countless acts of stupidity that can be directly blamed on Ralph. Don't kid yourselves that he is anything more than a greedy owner.

His actions to help pioneer the AFL in the early days were his best contributions to the game, and they are well deserved, but they are also acts of a man protecting his investment at the time, and while I will always applaud him for those efforts, I am now ready for him to own up to his mess, stop trying to convince the world that NFL football is not economically viable in Buffalo, and allow a new owner with a passion for our city, and winning come in and get this dismal franchise back on track.

Look back at all the decisions he has made throughout the team's 50+ year history and try to not make any excuses for him while analyzing his decisions, and just see if it doesn't look like he was intentionally trying to fail. It's a business, I get it, you're in it to make money, yippee for you... and you(Ralph) have done that year in and year out without fail, but in the grand scheme of things, your decisions have produced only 17 out of a possible 51 playoff teams, and really 10 of those are due to Bill Polian, it becomes crystal clear that the bottom line and margin of profit are the only real concerns.

Margin of profits have given us the fans this blasphemous abomination I call the Toronto series. I guess 50k plus season ticket sales, record setting merchandise sales for sub par talent and lousy jersey designs weren't enough for us to take as fans, He had to give away one home game, just to cram his point down the world's throats that Buffalo needs that to survive. Sorry folks, WNY may not be Dallas or Miami(Thank Jesus in Heaven for that), this team has plenty of fan support, and a very large area in which to rely on to remain viable for decades to come, don't let ralphie pooh trick you that it's not.

I love this team and pray that we as fans get rewarded with a new owner in the mold of Terry Pegula, the city of Buffalo deserves it more than any other in the country, 50+ years of threats of moving and miserable decisions is about enough.

My rant, feel free to comment, bash, agree or post whatever you like, whether deserved or not, Ralph had this coming...

OHHH yes, and to punch just one more black eye to the faces of thousands of Bills fans everywhere, change the uniforms to something OTHER THAN the massively popular throwbacks that look timelessly classy to the butt-ugly, loserly 70's post Simpson era fodder. Thanks again.... seriously.... is this team a secret reality show?

I agree with your post one zillion percent, and every time I mention something similar to your post, I get several people defending Ralphie and telling me to leave if I am only negative. Well you know what is negative-the Bills won-loss record over the past 15 years, and for that matter the entire history of the franchise. If Ralph isn't the worst owner in the entire NFL than he is no doubt team captain in the team photo. The only real stretch of success this organization has had that has lasted more than 3 or 4 years was in the late 80's to mid 90's and he tore that apart getting rid of people like Bill Polian and Butler. You are correct in that his biggest contribution to anything relating to football was in the early days and the establishment of the AFL, since then it has been all about money for him. He obviously doesn't give a crap about his legacy, as he obviously doesn't have enough time left to spend all his money, he is out living most of the people he would leave anything to, and he is still content to go out with his organization being one of, if not the biggest joke in the NFL. People will criticize both of us, but look at the 2010 and 2011 schedules-how many times are the Bills in prime time? None because people outside of us die hard Bills fans who are willing to be tortured (although some of us speak our minds, others live in a fantasy world with rose colored glasses), even know/care that we exist. It is kind of a no-win situation, as this team will never be a winner again until Ralph is no longer the owner, but when that time comes, they might not even be in Buffalo anymore. I have been cheering on the Bills for over 40 years, have made the trip from Virginia to training camp every year for nearly two decades, and will die a Bills fan, but sometimes you just have to voice your feelings and get some of the disgust and frustration off of your chest and be vocal, instead of running around with a big smile on your face and a "Ralph for President" T-shirt saying how great he is because he kept the Bills in Buffalo-because that is the only positive thing anyone can say about him that has happened in the past 35 years.

Edited by billsfreak

Many businesses have cut 401k contributions and pension funding during lean times. The NFL is a business not a charity. In any other line of business a responsible owner would have announced temporary layoffs since they aren't producing anything at the moment. Every team is cutting costs and payrolls.

If Ralph wasn't cutting payroll and 401k contributions I'm sure we'd have a bunch of rants about how the sky is falling. Try this on.

Every other owner is running their team like a first class business and Ralph is handing out money to incompetent employees, who haven't put a winner on the field in a decade, to sit around doing nothing while the lockout continues. The Bills will never be competitive with Ralph running the team like a charity. Worst run organization in sports. He could have used that money to pay another coach or build the scouting dept instead he's funding his son-in-law's fat pension and paying his niece bonuses. Every other owner is cutting costs to maintain a competitive edge for the future and here's bumbling old senile Wilson signing checks and dribbling oatmeal down his chin. This is worse than the Kelsay extension. At least he's getting paid to do SOMETHING!

Edited by Jauronimo

Ralph is not doing anything 31 other NFL owners aren't doing as well. You also conveniently neglect to mention all the millions Ralph gives to charity, including the medical research program that helped Kevin Everett walk again.

But hey don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

PTR

Sorry... the scope of my rant was focused on his management of the team, If you want to start a "Ralph's Charitable Contributions to WNY" thread feel free. Don't worry, I didn't let meaningless facts that had no impact what has been fielded over the last 50+ years get in my way, thanks for checking though.

Many businesses have cut 401k contributions and pension funding during lean times. The NFL is a business not a charity. In any other line of business a responsible owner would have announced temporary layoffs since they aren't producing anything at the moment. Every team is cutting costs and payrolls.

Like the Lions and Bucs.

It's business; not a charity. Get over it. These coaches are not hurting.

It's business; not a charity. Get over it. These coaches are not hurting.

i don't think anyone's questioning whether it's a business.... but shouldn't one goal of a sports business be to produce a consistent winner? and to that end, wouldn't it help to recruit the best talent available for coaches and players? do you think this 401k move helps in this regard? you just have to look at he last 50 years on a macro level and the last coach and gm "search" on a micro level to see the obvious answers to these questions.

I personally think that the quicker Ralph steps aside, the more likely the team could get better. You can call me a hater, basher, bad person or not a fan but Ralph has done little to change our situation for over a decade. Firing Modrak in FL was a good start, though most likely a little late is his age for it to make a difference.

not much of a rant. a mini-rant, perhaps, which i guess makes it a runt?

jw

This.

I really do not know why someone bothers to post about how the team should be ran. Really what does it accomplish? If you do not like the way the team is functioning, as a fan your only vote in the matter is with your pocketbook.

If it was my team, I would run it the way I wanted to as well. Perhaps ones efforts should be focused instead on acquiring their own NFL team to run as they see fit--Instead of spewing negative thoughts every chance they get?

Edited by Show Me The Baby

I'll never forgive him for the angst he caused my mom, who passed away the day after that awful loss to miami september 12th. She loved her Bills, and I took her to a game as my mothers day present every year. She was so loyal. She's up in heaven now, and I miss her so. That Ralph made it to the HOF makes me sick. I'll say it again. I don't wish him dead, just dead to me. My Mom and Buffalo deserved better.

Too further this rant, I'll continue by saying he reminds me of a wife abuser who just buys flowers to make amends for his sick behavior. Ralphie makes excuses because we are a small market team (like Pittsburgh and Green bay are small market teams) and all his supporters are just abused wives coming back for more. Raise ticket prices and put a competitive team on the field and people will pay and the ralph will be sold out. Or just sell the team.

Go Bills. I need help.

I'll never forgive him for the angst he caused my mom, who passed away the day after that awful loss to miami september 12th. She loved her Bills, and I took her to a game as my mothers day present every year. She was so loyal. She's up in heaven now, and I miss her so. That Ralph made it to the HOF makes me sick. I'll say it again. I don't wish him dead, just dead to me. My Mom and Buffalo deserved better.

Too further this rant, I'll continue by saying he reminds me of a wife abuser who just buys flowers to make amends for his sick behavior. Ralphie makes excuses because we are a small market team (like Pittsburgh and Green bay are small market teams) and all his supporters are just abused wives coming back for more. Raise ticket prices and put a competitive team on the field and people will pay and the ralph will be sold out. Or just sell the team.

Go Bills. I need help.

You made some valid points here but a shrink is a more candidate to help you than anyone here, goodluck.

This.

I really do not know why someone bothers to post about how the team should be ran. Really what does it accomplish? If you do not like the way the team is functioning, as a fan your only vote in the matter is with your pocketbook.

If it was my team, I would run it the way I wanted to as well. Perhaps ones efforts should be focused instead on acquiring their own NFL team to run as they see fit--Instead of spewing negative thoughts every chance they get?

What does anything on this board "accomplish"? Should we just stick to posting 'how the team should draft, coach, play, what uniforms to wear, etc'. Does that accomplish something?

Go Bills. I need help.

More than you'll ever know.

I agree with your post one zillion percent, and every time I mention something similar to your post, I get several people defending Ralphie and telling me to leave if I am only negative. Well you know what is negative-the Bills won-loss record over the past 15 years, and for that matter the entire history of the franchise. If Ralph isn't the worst owner in the entire NFL than he is no doubt team captain in the team photo. The only real stretch of success this organization has had that has lasted more than 3 or 4 years was in the late 80's to mid 90's and he tore that apart getting rid of people like Bill Polian and Butler. You are correct in that his biggest contribution to anything relating to football was in the early days and the establishment of the AFL, since then it has been all about money for him. He obviously doesn't give a crap about his legacy, as he obviously doesn't have enough time left to spend all his money, he is out living most of the people he would leave anything to, and he is still content to go out with his organization being one of, if not the biggest joke in the NFL. People will criticize both of us, but look at the 2010 and 2011 schedules-how many times are the Bills in prime time? None because people outside of us die hard Bills fans who are willing to be tortured (although some of us speak our minds, others live in a fantasy world with rose colored glasses), even know/care that we exist. It is kind of a no-win situation, as this team will never be a winner again until Ralph is no longer the owner, but when that time comes, they might not even be in Buffalo anymore. I have been cheering on the Bills for over 40 years, have made the trip from Virginia to training camp every year for nearly two decades, and will die a Bills fan, but sometimes you just have to voice your feelings and get some of the disgust and frustration off of your chest and be vocal, instead of running around with a big smile on your face and a "Ralph for President" T-shirt saying how great he is because he kept the Bills in Buffalo-because that is the only positive thing anyone can say about him that has happened in the past 35 years.

here here !, i have tried to appreciate ralph over the years, but more often than not, he does something that just pis-es me off. i will not enumerate all of them, as most on here know of them going all the way back to his demanding the city expand war memorial or else. (perhaps it was justified at the time). be that as it may, its been constant whinning to being a "small market" and all his knee-jerk personnel decisions over the years that has generally hamstrung the franchise. the toronto game seals it for me! he has no business grabbing money by compromising home field advantage. i do not buy into the "needed regionalization" of the team. they are making money , if he isnt, sell the G-D team then!. but he wont!.. he is printing money over at one bills drive

Edited by dwight in philly

Go Bills. I need help.

Sorry about your Mom. I'm guessing she would want the Bills to get it turned around, as do we all.

Maybe someday they will and she'll be looking down, smiling on you.

You might want to wait until they actually unveil the new unis to call them butt ugly.

From the leaks we've seen, aside from the charging bison on the helmet, they do closely resemble the throwbacks, with reportedly some navy trim thrown in.