Anthony Weiner

Wow! Keeps getting better. Now he's going to the "I need therapy" card. Still no intention of resigning. I guess were supposed to believe that he will be totally capable with just a little treatment.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/11/democratic-leaders-say-rep-weiner-must-resign/

Treatment for WHAT? Acting like an adolescent on the internet?

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's funny is that it took one tame shirtless photo to take down Lee.

What are we on now? Volume 14 of Weiner's nut grabs? It sadly took till around Volume 12 for Pelosi to finally do what Boehner did and call for his resignation.

Where are the Weiner lovers now? Awfully silent around here...LOL

What are we on now? Volume 14 of Weiner's nut grabs? It sadly took till around Volume 12 for Pelosi to finally do what Boehner did and call for his resignation.

Weiner lovers...heheheeh!

It wasn't one shirtless photo of Lee that took him down, he backed out, because there were at least two transvestites who were going to come forward to spill the beans, on much more tawdry things that Lee was involved in. That contiues to be ignored by everyone who wants to point out how noble Lee was...

So far, depsite all the photos, this political "sex scandal" is pretty tame in comparison to other things we have seen/heard about it recent years...the fact that polls show that the voters still back him is more relevant, to me, than what all the taling heads say, and all his self righteous peers have to say.

hahaha! This thread is awesome!

Yes, the Weiner jokes are as hilarious as the Dick Jauron jokes were a few years ago...very clever... <_<

It wasn't one shirtless photo of Lee that took him down, he backed out, because there were at least two transvestites who were going to come forward to spill the beans, on much more tawdry things that Lee was involved in. That contiues to be ignored by everyone who wants to point out how noble Lee was...

So far, depsite all the photos, this political "sex scandal" is pretty tame in comparison to other things we have seen/heard about it recent years...the fact that polls show that the voters still back him is more relevant, to me, than what all the taling heads say, and all his self righteous peers have to say.

First, I don't think conservatives push the narrative that Lee was noble so much as they push the narrative that GOP leadership wasted no time getting rid of Lee, regardless of whether some Dailykos blogger thinks he was after transvestites.

Second, I absolutely love the fact that Weiner is staying on to fight this. It's been weeks since the left has been able to spread their kill-grandma MediScare message. By the time this Weiner story gets beat off the front page, the left will have to start worrying about how to distance themselves from Obama's 2012 message of "We're focused on jobs...and this time we really mean it."

It wasn't one shirtless photo of Lee that took him down, he backed out, because there were at least two transvestites who were going to come forward to spill the beans, on much more tawdry things that Lee was involved in. That continues to be ignored by everyone who wants to point out how noble Lee was...

No one is painting Lee as 'noble'. I think just about everyone understands he was also a dirtbag who resigned to save himself further embarrassment, and because his party insisted he resign immediately.

So far, despite all the photos, this political "sex scandal" is pretty tame in comparison to other things we have seen/heard about it recent years...the fact that polls show that the voters still back him is more relevant, to me, than what all the taling heads say, and all his self righteous peers have to say.

Sure it's a relatively minor issue, but is there really no desire to hold Congressmen to a higher standard than the average dirtbag?

Aside from that:

-Most voters are lemmings whose opinion is entirely driven by the letter after the name.

-Talking heads are talking because that's what they do. Weiner is probably hoping police find the body of the missing college girl in IN and make an arrest so the media retards can froth over something new.

-His 'self rightous' peers aren't anything of the sort, their motivations are entirely practical. They know that even if the scandal doesn't cost Weiner his seat, it could very likely cost someone else (maybe even Obama) their seat.

Yes, the Weiner jokes are as hilarious as the Dick Jauron jokes were a few years ago...very clever...

Of course, Jauron wasn't texting pics of his dick to draft prospects. :lol:

Edited by KD in CT

First, I don't think conservatives push the narrative that Lee was noble so much as they push the narrative that GOP leadership wasted no time getting rid of Lee, regardless of whether some Dailykos blogger thinks he was after transvestites.

Second, I absolutely love the fact that Weiner is staying on to fight this. It's been weeks since the left has been able to spread their kill-grandma MediScare message. By the time this Weiner story gets beat off the front page, the left will have to start worrying about how to distance themselves from Obama's 2012 message of "We're focused on jobs...and this time we really mean it."

And Pelosi called on Weiner to resign pretty quick...ultimately, it is up to him, not her, just as in the Lee case...with Lee, the story that he resigned broke almost at the same time as the "scandal". So, you aren't pushing the narritive that Lee was more noble, but that GOP leadership was somehow stronger than Democratic leadership on this issue? Please...

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2011/02/10/new-york-rep-chris-lee-resigns-after-shirtless-photo-surfaces

On Thursday, House Speaker John Boehner said Lee's rapid resignation was his decision alone.

"I think he made the right decision for himself and for his family," the Ohio Republican told reporters in Washington.

Edited by Buftex

I don't know how he thinks he's going to be able to get anything done in Congress.... nevermind actually get people to be able to look him in the eye.

If and when he comes back, the only thing it'll take to get him slinking in his chair will be a certain lingual stress on Congressman Wiener.

So, he's working through the Hosni-Mubarak-style full progression of concession as he grasps at the straws of power. At least Lee had a sense of shame and decency after the fact, to not put his family and the national dialogue through a full front-page account of every detail of the private life that he made public.

We say it all the time. I want people in Congress who are there for specific goals and a reasonable idea of ways to accomplish those goals. Don't elect people who see Congress as a career path and a way to make a name for themselves / "be somebody." I want there to be term limits so there is less inclination to use an office for whatever launching board someone sees it as... a way to score a lucrative job for favors done, a vehicle for sexual dalliances, etc. I want people of character who respect their office too much to pull this kind of crap. And that's the thing. There are few honorable people in this world. And what honorable people there are rarely run for office, and even more rarely get nominated, because they want to do productive things instead of flinging mud and having to read the verbiage of 2,700-page bills that no one can understand.

Edited by UConn James

And Pelosi called on Weiner to resign pretty quick...

Ummmm...no she didn't, unless by "pretty quick" you mean "as soon as the girls he targeted were possibly underaged."

The reality is that both sides have issues because power is a helluva drug. For every Weiner there's a Lee and for every Craig there's a Massa, and everyone knows that Weiner won't be the last. But if you're going to defend the left's treatment of Weiner relative to the right's treatment of Lee, I would at least expect you to at least consider the somewhat plausible argument that Lee was a freshman whose departure meant little from a leadership standpoint while Weiner holds much more power on many more congressional committees, etc., and losing him creates larger problems than just holding a special election.

Now they find out his registration on his car has expired. There was a picture of him getting in his vehicle, taken recently. The NY registration is from 2007, he has no inspection sticker, and the NY plates on it are registered to another vehicle he owns.

Ummmm...no she didn't, unless by "pretty quick" you mean "as soon as the girls he targeted were possibly underaged."

The reality is that both sides have issues because power is a helluva drug. For every Weiner there's a Lee and for every Craig there's a Massa, and everyone knows that Weiner won't be the last. But if you're going to defend the left's treatment of Weiner relative to the right's treatment of Lee, I would at least expect you to at least consider the somewhat plausible argument that Lee was a freshman whose departure meant little from a leadership standpoint while Weiner holds much more power on many more congressional committees, etc., and losing him creates larger problems than just holding a special election.

Yes, yes, yes...I get all that LA...but it was Lee's decision to step down right away...nobody asked him too, he stepped down before they could...you are the one who brang up the strong, decisive, GOP leadership playing a factor in Lees quick resignation. Yes, AW has more influence than Lee did, and by his consituants measure, was doing a good job. So, I would expect you too at least consider that it might not be as easy for him, personally, to step down...

Your point here was my original point...they all do it, both parties. Others (not you, not KD) are the ones who keep comparing this to the Lee situation...if Lee had only been guilty of tweeting a topless picture of himself to some woman, other than his wife, I wouldn't call for him to resign, and I don't think most would, and I wouldn't expect the GOP power brokers to demand it...he did, because, for whatever reason, he wanted to kill the story before it got bigger. It might have been that he didn't want to drag his family through it, that he didn't want to risk further embarassment, or, for the good of his party. It was his decision...just as it is Weiners' right now...it just reflects a weakness in Weiner (ha-ha), not Democratic leadership...

Edited by Buftex

Now they find out his registration on his car has expired. There was a picture of him getting in his vehicle, taken recently. The NY registration is from 2007, he has no inspection sticker, and the NY plates on it are registered to another vehicle he owns.

Rumor is he sends out his Christmas cards at the last minute, too.