Who do you think will be worse than the Bills in 2011?

My question is which teams do you think will have worse records than the Buffalo Bills next year, and I guess that will better determine just where we should be picking in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes next year. I think the only way we get Andrew Luck is if we finish #31 of 32 teams and the worst team is Carolina. Even then there is a pretty decent chance that Carolina would trade down so some other team can draft Luck.

So barring us finishing with the worst in the leaugue in 2011 (if there is a 2011 season) I don't think we stand a great chance of ending up with Luck! It would take a bad record and some Luck...(pardon the pun..) either good or bad depending on how you view it!

I think that Cam Newton will not have a great or even a very good season as he has a lot to grasp in his rookie year, and this lockout is not helping him a great deal! I think Carolina will hands down be the worst team in the leaugue next season. I also think that Cincinatti will be bad, and will finish second worst. I don't think much of Cleveland and right now I think they will be the 30th best team in 2011. I think Von Miller will improve Denver's defense to some extent, but also feel that they have too many holes to fill and that they will be the 29th best team. My surprise pick next would be the Washington Redskins. I have them slated as #28 next season as I think they will be weak at QB and several other positions. I do not think that Tennesee will have a good season as their has been a great deal of instability with the Titans. I have them pegged at #27. I think Arizona has fallen fast and I'll rank them at #26 in '11. I think Buffalo will play well at times in 2011, but I think they will be at #25 by seasons end. They have an extremely challenging schedule and although Fitzpatrick will put up decent numbers the Bills seem to putter out in the fourth quarter in several games. One good note about the Bills is I have them finally beating New England during the regular season and splitting with them.

#32 Carolina

#31 Cincy

#30 Cleveland

#29 Denver

#28 Washington

#27 Tennesee

#26 Arizona

#25 Buffalo

I have the Bills slotted at #25 in 2011 and picking #8 in the 2012 NFL Draft. I'd like to get your feedback and get your opinions and feelings as to where you feel the Bills will end up in the standings next season. Thanks!

My question is which teams do you think will have worse records than the Buffalo Bills next year, and I guess that will better determine just where we should be picking in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes next year. I think the only way we get Andrew Luck is if we finish #31 of 32 teams and the worst team is Carolina. Even then there is a pretty decent chance that Carolina would trade down so some other team can draft Luck.

So barring us finishing with the worst in the leaugue in 2011 (if there is a 2011 season) I don't think we stand a great chance of ending up with Luck! It would take a bad record and some Luck...(pardon the pun..) either good or bad depending on how you view it!

I think that Cam Newton will not have a great or even a very good season as he has a lot to grasp in his rookie year, and this lockout is not helping him a great deal! I think Carolina will hands down be the worst team in the leaugue next season. I also think that Cincinatti will be bad, and will finish second worst. I don't think much of Cleveland and right now I think they will be the 30th best team in 2011. I think Von Miller will improve Denver's defense to some extent, but also feel that they have too many holes to fill and that they will be the 29th best team. My surprise pick next would be the Washington Redskins. I have them slated as #28 next season as I think they will be weak at QB and several other positions. I do not think that Tennesee will have a good season as their has been a great deal of instability with the Titans. I have them pegged at #27. I think Arizona has fallen fast and I'll rank them at #26 in '11. I think Buffalo will play well at times in 2011, but I think they will be at #25 by seasons end. They have an extremely challenging schedule and although Fitzpatrick will put up decent numbers the Bills seem to putter out in the fourth quarter in several games. One good note about the Bills is I have them finally beating New England during the regular season and splitting with them.

#32 Carolina

#31 Cincy

#30 Cleveland

#29 Denver

#28 Washington

#27 Tennesee

#26 Arizona

#25 Buffalo

I have the Bills slotted at #25 in 2011 and picking #8 in the 2012 NFL Draft. I'd like to get your feedback and get your opinions and feelings as to where you feel the Bills will end up in the standings next season. Thanks! Go Bills!

The Washington Redskins are now on the clock.

They are old. They are slow. They have no quarterback, or running back, or wide receiver, or offensive line. And as Willie Parker told us, they have no heart. They are all about partying, not football.

After Washington taking Luck, it will be Miami #2 (tough division where everybody else got better, and tough schedule, and they have no franchise players and no soul), Seahawks #3 (smoke and mirrors cant last forever), Cardinals #4 (no talent beyond Fitzgerald), Jaguars #5 (gonna take a while for Gabbert to get up to speed).

Cleveland has heart, and a good GM. Tennessee has too much talent, and Cincinnati will be fine with Dalton and a good running game.

Carolina should be worse, I would say the Titans and Vikings too if they start theirs rookie QBs. Cincy without Palmer. And the Fish. Arizona will prob be worse but have a better record bnecause fo division strength. Then Im sure there is a team or two that sucks out of no where.

That puts us at 6-8th worst.

I'd put the Redskins as an obvious choice for having a bad year based on MB's post and that Shanahan looks completely disinterested on the sidelines and John Beck is the "starter" going into any theoretical 2011 season.

While being a Bills fan can be challenging, I think being a Redskins fan would be misery.

Very hard to predict as you know. I like your analysis, but I believe there is absolutely zero chance that Andrew Luck will be there when the Bills draft in 2012. I am thinking that the defense will be much better and if the offense can be a bit more consistent, the Bills will compete in every game this year. I don't see any blowouts. How many will they actually win? Your guess is as good as mine. Good post for discussion though.

I agree with the majority, saying the Washington Redskins are looking like frontrunners for the #1 pick. They are considering starting Jon Beck. Nothing more needs to be said.

Personally, I think that any team with questions at quarterback has the potential to be worse than the Bills. It's the most important position on the field.

Carolina, Arizona, Minnesota, Cincinnati and Tennessee are probably locks for Top 15 picks again.

Don't be surprised if Miami, Cleveland, Oakland are pretty bad too.

My expected order correlates with most of you. Draft order for 2012 draft:

1.Carolina- too many question marks, instability and dealing with a new coach and a shortened off-season.

2.Washington- Three words- Dan Snyder Idiocy.

3.Cincy- Where does their strength lie? Can they put together a group of worse felons?

4.MIA- Division got stronger, they still have no valid #1 QB.

5.Denver- Picking a 3-4OLB when you play a 4-3 and there is a beast at DE available? You have earned the right of a losing season Horse Face.

6.Tennessee- Another team with a coaching change that won't get to see enough offseason time together. A team with major question marks at major positions, especially QB.

7.Arizona- So, who's your QB? Lucky for them, they still have the best Fitz in the league.

8.Bills- Still young, still growing, still in the AFC East. However, a team with great promise.

Can we really stop with the Andrew Luck talk now? There's an entire season to be played before we should even bring it up. We will not be the worst team in the league this year. Far from it. But I'll play along. Here's the teams that I think we will be better than not in any order.

Miami

Cleveland

Cincinnati

Jacksonville

Oakland

Denver

Carolina

Detroit

Minnasota

Washington

San Fran

Arizona

there might be more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Pegging the Bills at a realistic 6-10 and 7-9. My inner Bills optimist says 8-8 to 9-7. I think that its clear that this team (Barring freakish amounts of injuries or a complete collapse) will be improved from last season.

The team will still be tweaked in free agency (Backup QB, Some Depth at LB, among some other small improvements) but there will be no major changes to the existing roster.

All in all this season will hopefully show enough progress to the point were we can be sure they are headed in the right direction.

Very hard to predict as you know. I like your analysis, but I believe there is absolutely zero chance that Andrew Luck will be there when the Bills draft in 2012. I am thinking that the defense will be much better and if the offense can be a bit more consistent, the Bills will compete in every game this year. I don't see any blowouts. How many will they actually win? Your guess is as good as mine. Good post for discussion though.

favorite reply so far! Thanks...yeah I agree there is .00001 chance that (pretty close to absolute..) the Bills will pick first in the draft next year which means they either trade up or forget about him. I don't see the Bills brass as the type of organization that would trade up and surrender multiple picks that they need.

I agree, I think the offense will be much more consistent, and I think a big key will be how effective the run defense will as it will effect all elements of the game in some way. I think Marcell Dareus is the answer we have been waiting for on run defense! I expect a lot from him and believe it will be contagious on the D line...I hope that either Shawn Meriman or Aaron Maybin bust out and surprise us. I think Maybin is less expected to surprise us, but Merriman has been hurt a lot so I'd be shocked if either player will be on the 2012 team!

I know it's early..but I will go on record and say that the Bills will win 6 games next season. I include a surprising upset against New England, a few games we should win, and a win against Miami. I think the Jets are a little too powerful next season and don't feel we'll beat them even though we've beat them a few times the past few years.

Thanks for a good reply, and getting me in the mood to talk Bills!!! Go Billlllllllllls !!

Can we really stop with the Andrew Luck talk now? There's an entire season to be played before we should even bring it up. We will not be the worst team in the league this year. Far from it. But I'll play along. Here's the teams that I think we will be better than not in any order.

Miami

Cleveland

Cincinnati

Jacksonville

Oakland

Denver

Carolina

Detroit

Minnasota

Washington

San Fran

Arizona

there might be more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

If you really read my post? I wasn't optimistic about getting Andrew Luck at all! If anything it was quite the reverse, and I had us pegged as picking #8 in the 2012 NFL Draft. I am sorry that seeing his (Andrew Luck)name scarred you in some way. It is interesting to speculate who may draft Luck, or maybe any of the 3 top QB's next season. I am sorry that I was ignorant on the ground rules limiting are discussion to the subjects that interest you. If you don't mind me asking? I'd like to know my limitations, so next time I can focus just on your needs. I find it odd though that you inject your comments and expend your time on something you don't have any interest in? I personally would not waste my time and emotions which are a precious commodity on subject matter that I deemed senseless. Thank You regardless for your reply and insight on how you feel. :thumbsup:

I appreciate your optimism that we will be better than 12 teams and possibly more. Although I feel we've improved in a few areas I think that we will fall slightly lower in the standings contributed by the second most difficult schedule in the entire NFL. But, I like optimism and enjoy you playing along in the end! I'm not so fast to agree that we are better than Miami, Oakland, or Detroit....I think Detroit is assembling a pretty good team with their high 1st round picks the past several years. They are really set with Suh at DT, at QB, WR, and are building a strong team! I think they are a year or two ahead of us on the rebuilding front. I guess it's all just an opiion, and thank you for playing! I think San Fran may be better than expected with the coaching changes that occured. A good coach can make an impact ie: Bellicheck, & Parcells they can beat you with their team or beat you with your team!

Edited by tonyjustbcuz

There is no doubt the Bills will finish with a better record next year than some other teams - I believe they're on the brink of being somewhere in the middle of the league as far as talent and ability go, but we've got a tough schedule that might lead us to end up with fewer wins than we might otherwise have had. I haven't looked at all the other team's schedules, which is so big in guessing who'll end up where, and when everything is accounted for there is really no way to predict who will be where exactly, but I do think one can guess to within groups of four or five - something like bottom four or five teams, next four or five, and so on up to the playoff capable, and the elite four. I think we'll end up around .500, in the second to bottom cluster, with a chance at seeing the middle of the league.

That being said, the only chance we'll have at Luck is a trade. If he is as good as advertised, I'd say it would be absolutely worth trading an entire draft worth of picks to land a supremely gifted top of the NFL talent type franchise QB. Some people say, you trade a draft you fall behind years. I say, you trade a draft, at most you fall behind one year, but if you end up with a top tier QB, then that is as valuable as any draft you'll have, because a franchise doesn't walk into one of those but every 10-15 years or so, usually. And, you can always supplement the draft with F.A. for a year, and also go heavy on undrafted F.A.'s. My point here is that if you are a team that needs a franchise QB - and I think the Bills are beginning to look like they have most of the other pieces in place - then you go after the best QB you know of with whatever you have to give to get him.

Of course, if there are say two or three QB's who are excellent, each with as much of a likelihood at being a star, each elitely gifted in his own way, then maybe you accept the second or third guy who is still capable of being a real leader and winner, and walk away with more picks. If I were the Bills, though, I'd go for the best with everything I had, and if that didn't work I'd move on to the next best until I got a yound QB to lead this team into the future with.

Edited by sllib olaffub

Remember last year Buffalo was in many games and lost 3 in overtime and should have won two of them. That was Chan's first year. For people to think Buffalo will only win 6 games is crazy. Buffalo has gotten defensive help big time, to solidify the front, and stop the run. George was on his first year as d cordinator and now we have Wanny who will really help coach and set the team up defensively. Our offense will be more improved with the line getting stronger and most likely improved with Wood becoming the center and us getting deeper depth at tackle. The team has a strong year together and what I like most is the defense getting Dave W. to assist a young group and really get them on track. With Troup getting a year under his belt, Darius at the #3 pick, and Williams. Not to mention Jasper Johnson and Carrington to fill in, that alone improved our front line greatly. Buffalo will not give up as many yards. Dave W. is an amazing defensive coach like Chan is for an offensive minded guy. They complement each other greatly, and the chemistry is there for a staff to make very sound decisions, that will only make the team that much stronger. Buffalo will not be a championship team, but they will be a very surprsing team. Fitz will not be a difference maker, but he won't have to be. Spiller will be a nice treat and Chan with a solid year under his belt will get him involved, no two ways about it. Our receivers will be overly surprising and we will be able to put solid numbers up this year. Last year was a year of understanding. This year will be a year of determination. Buffalo easly goes 8-8 but I say we make the playoffs.

Remember last year Buffalo was in many games and lost 3 in overtime and should have won two of them. That was Chan's first year. For people to think Buffalo will only win 6 games is crazy. Buffalo has gotten defensive help big time, to solidify the front, and stop the run. George was on his first year as d cordinator and now we have Wanny who will really help coach and set the team up defensively. Our offense will be more improved with the line getting stronger and most likely improved with Wood becoming the center and us getting deeper depth at tackle. The team has a strong year together and what I like most is the defense getting Dave W. to assist a young group and really get them on track. With Troup getting a year under his belt, Darius at the #3 pick, and Williams. Not to mention Jasper Johnson and Carrington to fill in, that alone improved our front line greatly. Buffalo will not give up as many yards. Dave W. is an amazing defensive coach like Chan is for an offensive minded guy. They complement each other greatly, and the chemistry is there for a staff to make very sound decisions, that will only make the team that much stronger. Buffalo will not be a championship team, but they will be a very surprsing team. Fitz will not be a difference maker, but he won't have to be. Spiller will be a nice treat and Chan with a solid year under his belt will get him involved, no two ways about it. Our receivers will be overly surprising and we will be able to put solid numbers up this year. Last year was a year of understanding. This year will be a year of determination. Buffalo easly goes 8-8 but I say we make the playoffs.

Is this guy a combination of our draft pick and Spencer Johnson?

Good optimism though. I'd be real excited if all these things came true.