Just got my Bills jersey order

Order arrived in 3 days. A throwback Poz and a 50th anniv Edwards. Can someone tell me if authentic jerseys have silkscreened numbers and lettering because these replicas do. If I paid the usual $80 bucks for these I'd feel pretty ripped-off, but at $20 and $10 I like 'em a lot. These are sized XXL but fit much larger, which is cool.

PTR

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to dump the jerseys before the new ones come out. They are better off just writing this off as a loss and waiting to sell the new ones at full price.

If Marcel Dareus would be #99, then maybe buying a Stroud for $10 isn't a bad idea then though.

Eh, I needed some new Bills gear anyway. I root for the laundry, not the player anyway. Those $20 cheap crap Wal-Mart knockoffs fall apart after 3 washes. I'm a fan but I'm not paying $80 for a replica jersey.

PTR

Can someone tell me if authentic jerseys have silkscreened numbers and lettering because these replicas do.

PTR

Authentic jerseys don't have silkscreened numbers. I don't have an authentic one myself but I've seen them in person, and it looks like those have pretty nice sewn-on cloth numbers.

Admittedly, I've paid the full $80 for replicas on a couple occasions (on T.O. no less, but also for a white throwback Poz which isn't as bad). My one non-replica is a Kemp throwback, I think they call it "Premier." The numbers are sewn on (but they're a plastic-like material) and the jersey fabric is a bit higher quality (a step up from the mesh they have on the replica).

The Chinese jerseys are by far the way to go in my opinion. You get them for $25 and they are far higher quality than the replicas that the NFL asks $80 for. I own about 20 of them, and they have always lasted longer and stayed in better shape than any of the NFL Replica jerseys ive ever purchased

The Chinese jerseys are by far the way to go in my opinion. You get them for $25 and they are far higher quality than the replicas that the NFL asks $80 for. I own about 20 of them, and they have always lasted longer and stayed in better shape than any of the NFL Replica jerseys ive ever purchased

Agreed. I've got two that I am thrilled with and will be getting another once they start making the new jerseys

Wow 20? You must be a big Birrs fan.

I get like 4 or 5 every season. You really cant go wrong. You get 4 or 5 different players in all different colors, and styles for the $100 or so that you'd spend on one piece of garbage replica. When my $100 starts going toward a decent on-field product then I will start purchasing the official NFL jerseys

Honestly jerseys are crap. They don't fit well, and they make you look like a goofball/loser. If you get a real jersey, that fits better and is authentic that's find. That's cool. Replica jersey's...are not for grown men.

Honestly jerseys are crap. They don't fit well, and they make you look like a goofball/loser. If you get a real jersey, that fits better and is authentic that's find. That's cool. Replica jersey's...are not for grown men.

Awesome post. Thanks

The real authentic jerseys have double stitched letters and numbers (meaning there is 2 layers of material for each character) the sold screen ones are the authentic replicas. I've paid up to $80 for the replicas (got a Kelly one but pulled the numbers off and had them double stitched) but they are no where near my authentics. Best story, a few years ago some guy was throwing his brand new, still packaged authentic $300ish McGahee jersey in a fire at the Ralph the first game Willis was back for. I grabbed his hand before he could toss it in and got the jersey for $25. Now he prolly feels like an ass since I got Spillers name plate put on for $15. It's number 21, with so many DBs and RBs on a team your bound to get some stud rookie within 2-5 years. Man I love dumb people.

The real authentic jerseys have double stitched letters and numbers (meaning there is 2 layers of material for each character) the sold screen ones are the authentic replicas. I've paid up to $80 for the replicas (got a Kelly one but pulled the numbers off and had them double stitched) but they are no where near my authentics. Best story, a few years ago some guy was throwing his brand new, still packaged authentic $300ish McGahee jersey in a fire at the Ralph the first game Willis was back for. I grabbed his hand before he could toss it in and got the jersey for $25. Now he prolly feels like an ass since I got Spillers name plate put on for $15. It's number 21, with so many DBs and RBs on a team your bound to get some stud rookie within 2-5 years. Man I love dumb people.

So just to be clear, this person was a total stranger?

:)

+1 for the Chinese jerseys. I love my knockoff Jim Kelly Super Bowl XXV jersey!

You gotta be kidding me, the Chinese jerseys are a joke. There's so many glitches in them it's so very easy to spot.

I've purchased genuine replicas before, but once you have a genuine authentic you'll never wanna wear a replica ever again.

It's like comparing coach in the middle seat on a cross-country flight to 1st class.

You don't have to pay NFL.com or BILLS.com $300 to get an authentic. I got an authentic Stevie J. white throwback from the 2009 season for under $150 including shipping, and I had it verified that it was indeed a genuine Reebok jersey. Best jersey I've ever owned.

Stevie J white throwback

Order arrived in 3 days. A throwback Poz and a 50th anniv Edwards. Can someone tell me if authentic jerseys have silkscreened numbers and lettering because these replicas do. If I paid the usual $80 bucks for these I'd feel pretty ripped-off, but at $20 and $10 I like 'em a lot. These are sized XXL but fit much larger, which is cool.

PTR

The email I got from the Bills made it sound like you had to go out to the stadium store to buy them. You can order online?

PTR

I ordered & received a replethentic ? Reed jersey & the numbers are the plastic or rubber like substance on the outside of the jersey , at first i was like how cheap but i did only pay $60 for it so that's not real bad --- i guess ?? :oops: