This is Fitz's Team

I live in Philly area and I get teased a lot about the Bills. Two of my Buddies just called me laughing that Fitz was our QB. They said that we should get Vince Young. I told them that Fitz is the guy for this team at this time.

If our D can at least be average and our O-line improves, the Bills will be a decent team this year. The last thing we need is a headcase like VY to set us back further.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last thing we need is a headcase like VY to set us back further.

You're right...What we need instead is a QB with a Career 73 QB Rating and a 12-23 Record as a Starter...

I'm kidding with you a bit...At this point Fitz is probably the best option for the Bills regardless of who is left out there...But lets not get too carried away just yet...Lets see if Fitz takes the next BIG step towards being a Top 10 NFL QB...We'll see... B-)

Its not hard to see why outsiders would think Fitz isn't the right fit for the team. But when you watch him play and see exactly what he is working with you see what we see and why a lot of fans buy into him as the starter.

Its this season we shall hopefully see Fitz take this team to the next level. The team really responds to Fitz's play and the team has a lot of short comings that hampers Fitz. Fitz also has a lot of that intangibles that you can't always measure on the field.

This team responded by only scoring over 19 points just 4 times. Hilarious. THey also responded by scoring 12 points a game his last 5 starts. He got a lot worse as the season went on, or maybe his team just responded less then? Either way he really showed he was a bad QB is what he did.

This team responded by only scoring over 19 points just 4 times. Hilarious. THey also responded by scoring 12 points a game his last 5 starts. He got a lot worse as the season went on, or maybe his team just responded less then? Either way he really showed he was a bad QB is what he did.

He was still better than Trentative and JP Lose-man combined.

PTR

The offense played much worse when he wasn't in there. Yeah thats how bad the team was BUT Fitz upped the teams game its just the team didn't have that much game.

Edited by billsfan89

Top Shelf......56th and Market perhaps? Lol

Anyway, I'm here too and could care less about the negative comments on Fitz. When your hommies talk trash to you, just simply say..........

THE NATION RISES!! Give them a lil wink with that too!

Edited by qdawg in philly

The offense played much worse when he wasn't in there. Yeah thats how bad the team was BUT Fitz upped the teams game its just the team didn't have that much game.

This is truly up for debate. There are comparisons that can be made by games we can compare.

Bills played Miami without Fitz. QB play was bad pretty bad without Fitz and the Bills scored 10 and lost, with Fitz the QB play was just plain average and the Bills scored 17 points and did win (although Miami did miss 4 FGs).

Bills played New England with Fitz and he played well in game 1, but had a few turnovers that were costly and was outplayed by Brady. In game two against New England, he was worse than dreadful, worse than I ever saw Edwards or Losman play and had 6 turnovers. Guess he got found out. He got worse.

Bills played Jets with Fitz and he was awful. Bills had 3 and out in 4 of the first 6 drives and the game got out of hand in the 2nd half. With Brohm there were turnovers often and early and the game got out of hand early. No real difference.

Here are two good defenses in the same division, although one team won the Super Bowl. Bills played Green Bay with Edwards and were bad. However, Edwards 2 early interceptions that were actually in the hands of WR and taken out of their hands and counted as INTs. Bills were awful all in all on offense. Bills played Vikings, and were terrible on offense, Fitz had a turnover that put the game away. Offense scored 7 points in each of those games. No real difference.

Bills were 29th in scoring in 2009, 28th in 2010.

Only thing I know is Bills would have won 4 games somehow even if Edwards or Losman played QB last year all year. Makes no sense to say in any type of comparison in clear games you can compare that Fitz proved he was any better than what we saw before unless you are delusional.

Edited by paintmyhouse

Not fair to compare Fitz to Kelly, but I am comparing him to Kemp, Fergy & Fluti (2, 3, & 4 Bills QB). No he does not have a great gifted natural skill - he usually plays smart. His leadership and strive mentality is the asset that drives him. Mobilty is on par with Kemp, greater than Fergy, much less than Fluti and greater then Kelly. His arm and accuracy is even with Kemp, Less than Fergy, Much Less than Kelly and about even with Fluti, though Fluti scamble and dump was better.

Reading a D lineup, better than Kemp and Fergy, less than Fluti and Kelly. But I look at what he did late in the season with Nelson, Roosevelt, and Jones - very short in their careers and he adapted well to an ever changing WR lineup. If Easley pans out, we have a very young WR Set, toss in Evans and Parrish - we have a very good WR corps along with Jackson and some Spiller out of the backfield dumps and shuffles. If the O Line can stabilize 20% better than last year, I would anticipate Fitz with a QB rating in mid to high 80's and would be very happy.

I am very happy with the draft, and think Buddy/Chan are starting to get the wheels on the correct track, I am happty to have Fitz start the season as the starting QB, considering he did not get much 1st team snaps in pre-season last year and thrusted into a starters role - he did well.

I am pisssed about the lock-out as much as everyone, I was looking forward to Fitz working with this young WR group going into the season to see what would happen.

I give Fitz starting QB a huge thumbs up, to me he is a leader and I cheer him on....GO FITZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me, Ryan Fitzpatrick was a football GOD last season! The man managed to take one of the worst O lines in the NFL and make them somewhat viable. Its why Trent Edwards and Brian Brohm looked so bad behind that same O line. No running game to speak of, one WR most of the season, no TE. I mean WTF....

Just like Fred Jackson has managed to do the last few years, that O line isn't the reason he has a +4 YPC avg, its because he makes the first two tacklers miss. Its why Marshawn Lynch looked so bad most of the time, he was always getting hit behind the line of scrimmage.

This might be Fitz's team, but who knows how many games he will be able to run for his life behind that unbelievably bad O line. When Fitz does go down, and he will.... you will see what an actual bad QB looks like when the back up comes in.

Just got through watching "The Brady Six' & one of the things that Brady & others said through out the documentary is they needed the right QB for the team .

No matter how good the guy is if there isn't a chemistry with the guys your with it could be just enough off to not work .

I am a musician & if you look at groups that were great & then a couple of people left & it just was never that good again , Molly Hatchet is one that comes to mind there first 2 albums the chemistry was great , a couple of guys leave never the same again , Aerosmith Joe Perry left Wasn't the same comes back the chemistry comes back .

The Pats are like the Doobie Bros. no matter who you plug in it just works , for some reason the chemistry never leaves .

Fitz has a chemistry with the guys & they believe in each other & with out that chemistry no matter how good you might have been it could look like you don't have a clue !!

Fitz is the right QB for this team !!!!

For the 2011 season....if there is a season. If he plays great, there's a chance he's our qb of the future, but I'm betting that we draft a QB with our 1st round pick in 2012.

I'm pretty sure a QB will be drafted in 2012, but Fitz can still become the man. Call me crazy but I'd rather have a true leader than some pretty boy with all the tools but no guts.

PTR

Just got through watching "The Brady Six' & one of the things that Brady & others said through out the documentary is they needed the right QB for the team .

No matter how good the guy is if there isn't a chemistry with the guys your with it could be just enough off to not work .

I am a musician & if you look at groups that were great & then a couple of people left & it just was never that good again , Molly Hatchet is one that comes to mind there first 2 albums the chemistry was great , a couple of guys leave never the same again , Aerosmith Joe Perry left Wasn't the same comes back the chemistry comes back .

The Pats are like the Doobie Bros. no matter who you plug in it just works , for some reason the chemistry never leaves .

Fitz has a chemistry with the guys & they believe in each other & with out that chemistry no matter how good you might have been it could look like you don't have a clue !!

Fitz is the right QB for this team !!!!

I appreciate your logic and your point. It's 100% valid.

But at the end of the day, Fitz's chemistry with this team amounted in 4 wins, the 28th ranked scoring offense, 24th ranked passing offense and the 25th ranked offense. And, over the last four games the team averaged 10 points per game.

Chemistry is important. But talent trumps all.

I appreciate your logic and your point. It's 100% valid.

But at the end of the day, Fitz's chemistry with this team amounted in 4 wins, the 28th ranked scoring offense, 24th ranked passing offense and the 25th ranked offense. And, over the last four games the team averaged 10 points per game.

Chemistry is important. But talent trumps all.

I'll bet you Fitz is much better this year, assuming there is a this year. You want your $20 back? :P By the way, are you including Brohm's start in the list of stink bombs? Not fair or accurate if you are.

Here's a story in today's Buff News on Fitz

PTR

just read in the news that fitz is bigger, stronger and leaner and he neglected it last year and definitely showed in his noodle arm. I am glad to see him getting serious about his strength and conditioning because if he can get his arm up to par we wont need a QB of the future.