Five wide

Speaking of Jones specifically, if a guy shows enough speed to get open, decent hands, good blocking skills, and is a good Special Teams player, you generally find a roster spot for a guy like that.

I agree with you and would say that Jones has a good chance to have a better career than someone like Sam Aiken, who I respected a lot as a football player.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Nelson, he should get more playing time...By FAR the best hands on the team (I know, doesn't say much). SJ is good, but he doesn't have half the year he had without Lee Evans drawing double coverage on almost every play. Also (this may upset some), SJ does not have good hands. He is good (especially for a 7th round pick), and I am very happy to have him start opposite Lee evans. However he does NEED that threat opposite him to keep him open.

Jones shows skill at times but is erratic with questionable hands, can he improve? Maybe, but for now I see him as a 4th or 5th option at best.

Regarding Double coverage, that is not true. Most of the games, Lee was matched on 1-on-1. Actually, when Steve got hot, it was he who was double covered and yet he beat both the defenders to make catches..

Jones is a very underrated player and I think he will emerge this year like Stevie. Jone actually was the smoothest catching the ball last year.

Evans is a good player, but a one trick pony. I have never seen him make the kind of juke moves Johnson made last year to go for the catch. Everytime, Evans has run the curl route to come back for the ball has resulted in INTs.

Or we can cut him and he can go to the patriots like aiken

Aiken did little with Pats and even less with the Bills. His best year was 2009 and that was with Brady throwing to him, but Jones almost matched that last year as a rookie and with Fitz throwing to him.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1. Stevie

2. Nelson - we have needed a big boy who can play since forever

3. Jones - plays special teams, blocks well, strong like bull, upside

4. Easley - if he has a good preseason

5. Naaman- buffalo native, no drops in 4 games, plays special teams

I don't like your line up. Here's mine:

1. Lee Evans

2. Roscoe Parish

3. David Nelson

4. Steve Johnson

5. Paul Hubbard

I like our wide reciever... All seven of them.

So with that in mind last year we took five into the season ,

So assuming that is the same approach We take this year, who are the five you guys would rather see.

Remember if you sign them to the practice squad any team can sign them to the active roster.

1. Stevie

So i left our two most accomplished recievers off the list,

I love lee evans but he has years on all these guys.

Parrish to me is fun to watch but i cant push the buffalo native off the team for him

I would like to keep 2 qb's and 2 te's and 3 ml's so we could keep all seven but who knows. There is talk of expanded rosters in a new cba but for now roll with it.

What do you think

If this list is logical to you, I have to ask. Why do you watch football?

After the year Roscoe had before the injury I think he'll be here. Personally I agree with Evans. I think his time as a Bill is over. If he isn't cut I'd put money in it that he gets traded for as low as a 4th rounder. I actually like your assesment of the WRs. This team is getting younger not the other way around. I COULD see both Roscoe and Lee off this team. And i'd be perfectly ok with it.

A lot of people make predictions, but to nail this one on 22 May? Either prescient or the poster has really good observation and logic skills. He even got the draft pick round correct.

Nice resurrection. But Greece nailed (half of) it cold.

Even though I'm less impressed with Roscoe than Gailey is, he REALLY seems to like him and can get good production out of him. If Roscoe is healthy he's in our top 5.

I agree with the comment that one of our 5 wide will often be Spiller/Freddie/(+Smith) since we can flex out a RB to a WR forcing them to keep more LBs in and helping us get mismatches.

Edited by Mark Long Beach

I like our wide reciever... All seven of them.

So with that in mind last year we took five into the season ,

So assuming that is the same approach We take this year, who are the five you guys would rather see.

Remember if you sign them to the practice squad any team can sign them to the active roster.

1. Stevie

So i left our two most accomplished recievers off the list,

I love lee evans but he has years on all these guys.

Parrish to me is fun to watch but i cant push the buffalo native off the team for him

I would like to keep 2 qb's and 2 te's and 3 ml's so we could keep all seven but who knows. There is talk of expanded rosters in a new cba but for now roll with it.

What do you think

Wow, this guy right here, folks