Marcus Easley is looking like a beast.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope this guy is the real deal.

I hope he plays like Tarzan.

However as a wide receiver, I hope he doesn't get too muscle-bound where his upper body is too much for his lower body to control… or that he gets clunky and loses his agility… or that it places more stress on that left knee that he injured last year.

Bigger is not always better, especially at a position like wide receiver.

There is an ideal musculature for players at any position and some players, in their zeal to get bigger, exceed that optimal size for their body type.

Before anyone calls me a hater, I love that he's working out and showing his work ethic.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

However as a wide receiver, I hope he doesn't get too muscle-bound where his upper body is too much for his lower body to control… or that he gets clunky and loses his agility… or that it places more stress on that left knee that he injured last year.

There is an ideal musculature for players at any position and some players, in their zeal to get bigger, exceed that optimal size for their body type.

Before anyone calls me a hater, I love that he's working out and showing his work ethic.

No reason to hate. You bring up a lot of great points, many of which I have thought about as well. I remember when David Boston juiced up so much he put so much stress on his joints and his career was cut short. Steroids were involved there, but same premise I suppose. Here's to hoping he comes back better than ever!

I'd tend to look at this as a positive just because there have been more successful "big" wideouts lately like Terrell Owens and Andre Johnson than guys who flamed out because they were too muscular like David Boston.

He looked great in minicamp last year. He said he was ready during the regular season last year even though he couldn't come back in, so he should be healthy enough. Really looking forward to seeing what he can do game time.

We're talking about workouts and practices? wait until the games begin. one year wonder at U Conn, other 3 years sucked.

He looked pretty good during camp and pre-season last year. Also, you do realize he was a walk on for UConn right? His first few years he didn't see much playing time and finally got an opportunity and made the most of it.

Looking at pics of him and hearing of his size it reminds me a ton of Andre Johnson. The guy is huge. If Easley even has half of that game he's already better than every reciever we have with the exception of Stevie. IMO Evans days are numbered as a Buffalo Bill. The guy wants way too much money for only running deep.

Our future starting wrs will be:

Stevie Johnson

Marcus Easley

David Nelson

With Jones, Parrish, and Rosevelt fighting for time. I love this btw.

Looking at pics of him and hearing of his size it reminds me a ton of Andre Johnson. The guy is huge. If Easley even has half of that game he's already better than every reciever we have with the exception of Stevie. IMO Evans days are numbered as a Buffalo Bill. The guy wants way too much money for only running deep.

Stevie Johnson

Marcus Easley

David Nelson

I think we should wait and see if Stevie can consistently produce before we go ahead and put that much pressure on him to be THE guy for us. Last season, he would regularly follow up a big game with an average game. If he's going to be the #1, he needs to show up every game.

Stevie Johnson

Marcus Easley

David Nelson

He's due 3.275mil in 2011. He does have a 1.5 mil bonus, but his contract was very front-loaded. He'a cheap from here on out. So don't know why your saying "he wants too much money." He's not holding out, he's playing out the contract the team offered him.

I agree about Stevie and Nelson moving forward, but I can't fathom why so many people are eager to replace Roscoe after the success he had last year before his injury. You can argue he was our best WR up until his injury. He got hurt against Chicago I believe and up until that time, he and Stevie's stats were pretty even. He will be a big part of the teams offense next year IMO.

Unless someone blows Chan out of the water, Stevie, Lee, Roscoe, and Nelson will be the top 4 next year.

Stevie Johnson

Marcus Easley

David Nelson

First off Lee Evans has not discussed money. He is still playing under the same contract. He has consistently been one our best WRs for a few years. And it is spelled receiver.

He's due 3.275mil in 2011. He does have a 1.5 mil bonus, but his contract was very front-loaded. He'a cheap from here on out. So don't know why your saying "he wants too much money." He's not holding out, he's playing out the contract the team offered him.

I agree about Stevie and Nelson moving forward, but I can't fathom why so many people are eager to replace Roscoe after the success he had last year before his injury. You can argue he was our best WR up until his injury. He got hurt against Chicago I believe and up until that time, he and Stevie's stats were pretty even. He will be a big part of the teams offense next year IMO.

Unless someone blows Chan out of the water, Stevie, Lee, Roscoe, and Nelson will be the top 4 next year.

Agreed....Roscoe was clearly one of our best offensive players before his injury. He should continue to flourish in Chan Gailey's offense.

If anyone questions what you mean, refer them over to David Boston.

That being said, I am quite excited, and have been since we drafted him, to see him on the field.