2011 Bills biggest need.

Ball security that is.

Bills lead the AFC in interceptions lost

Bills lead the AFC in fumbles lost

Between the Bills and the AFC leaders( Pats/ Steelers) was a 34 turnover differential....That is 34 possible scoring drives.

Keep that stat and you end up at 4-12

Play off teams keep the ball and finish drives.

Well done sir.

an often overlooked reason for our miserable 4-12 season.

Last year we were almost in position for a winning score vs. KC when Fitz threw a tipped ball to Eric Berry. Game over.

Not to mention the fumble in OT against Baltimore...or the INT against the Bears in the 4th quarter...ugh.

Not to mention the fumble in OT against Baltimore...or the INT against the Bears in the 4th quarter...ugh.

And the two picks against the Pats at the end of the week three game when we had two chances to tie the game.

Very good point. Too many close games this year that were decided by less than a score that could/should have tuned out differently if they held onto the ball more. The thing I lime is you could see us winni g possibly 4 more games last year if we could just get that right. Then there was the Pitt game :-( I feel were really in a track for success if some small thi gs get straightened out. May e not this year, but I think 2012 we WILL make the playoffs. This year is another learning year. And great if we make it, but I don't think anyone would be extremely upset if we didn't.

Ball security that is.

Between the Bills and the AFC leaders( Pats/ Steelers) was a 34 turnover differential....That is 34 possible scoring drives.

Damn. If your stats are true, well done. Points well put forth. These are stats that need to be remedied. I'm as effin pollyanna as they come but I am also able to realize delinquencies when they are stated. Good call. This needs to be fixed. This will be fixed.

Bad teams finds ways to lose, just like good teams find ways to win.

The Bills are in one of the very toughest divisions to win, they play 2 teams in Miami and the Jets that usually just love to run the ball, and of course the Bills could do nothing to stop the run the last 5 years. It almost amazes me why Miami even let Chad Henne even try and throw it against Buffalo

Anyway, by the way teams drafted this year it looks like NE is going to rely on the running game again rather then just have Brady sling it all over, lets hope the Bills have finally fixed that run defense.

Bad teams finds ways to lose, just like good teams find ways to win.

The Bills are in one of the very toughest divisions to win, they play 2 teams in Miami and the Jets that usually just love to run the ball, and of course the Bills could do nothing to stop the run the last 5 years. It almost amazes me why Miami even let Chad Henne even try and throw it against Buffalo

Anyway, by the way teams drafted this year it looks like NE is going to rely on the running game again rather then just have Brady sling it all over, lets hope the Bills have finally fixed that run defense.

Our run defense has been a sieve and I'm stating that lightly. We have drafted Marcel who's supposed to be great against the run, we got Sheppard and White who are studs stopping the run as well. We got Searcy who is known to put the hard hit on running backs. Also this does not mention the progression of Carrington (known for his run stopping abilities) and Troup's progress as well. Kyle Williams should get better with having an improved Carrington and a stud Dareus in the lineup.

Yes, we are in one of the tougher divisions. This is a good thing cause if we can persevere and eventually win this division it'll be a great test of the Bills. When we finally win this division, on a consistent basis (I hope this is the vision of the FO) then every other playoff team should be able to be overcome. The Jests and the Patsies are a great test of where we need to be. When we can beat them on a consistent basis then watch out rest of NFL.

Edited by Pilsner

Ball security that is.

stickum baby :devil:

Sometimes stats aren't as clear as they seem. I think that the turnover ratio also reflected how

bad the team was (rather than it being the reason the team was bad). I would not be surprised

to find out that a high percentage of those turnovers was late in games when the offense had

no choice but to throw because they were playing from behind.