Colin Cowherd

Amazing how many of you hate him but I am SURE listen to him..just man up and admit it...he IS getting his ratings from somewhere

It is true. Myself included. I absolutely hate Cowherd. He is the biggest bandwagon fan I've heard of on the radio. Unfortunately, if you want to listen to sports in Buffalo on the radio you don't have many options.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oi. Now Steven A Smith. THAT guy is TERRIBLE.

They put him on on the drive home here in LA. If people think Colin C is loud and obnoxious, Steven A Smith makes him look like a minor leaguer. He's so awful, I even e-mailed the 710 ESPN program director and said that I'd turn off the radio every time I heard him until they get someone else less terrible.

I'd rather put a drillbit in my temple than listen to Steven A Smith.

He and Boomani Jones are probably two of the most annoying people I've ever heard on ESPN. Smith is one of those guys who just tries to talk louder than everyone else and Jones comes off extremely arrogant IMO.

I listen to Rome and Cowherd. I like my lunchtime radio torture to have some variety. There are times Rome has a guest that's boring or he's talking about lame horse racing strategy and I'll tune into Cowherd.

Sadly, both beat listening to the local stuff that just talks Eagles and Phillies. I think the Phillies were more interesting when they were horrible.

Dare I say that Rome's show *can* be hilarious despite Rome himself, due to the people who write into the show and the sound effects.

I'm a long suffering Buccos fan too, Ryan.

Yearning4Approval, on 13 May 2011 - 01:50 PM, said:

Amazing how many of you hate him but I am SURE listen to him..just man up and admit it...he IS getting his ratings from somewhere

Since podcasting came into my life, I don't listen to him at all. So, count me as listened to him for quite a while, hated him, now don't listen to him at all.

Never had to listen to the guy, never want to. Sounds like the majority of the "National" media, a bunch of homers that also root for the favorites. One more good thing about being a Canuck: rarely having to hear a thing negative about the Bills on TV and radio because they are so rarely mentioned.

GO BILLS!

Never had to listen to the guy, never want to. Sounds like the majority of the "National" media, a bunch of homers that also root for the favorites. One more good thing about being a Canuck: rarely having to hear a thing negative about the Bills on TV and radio because they are so rarely mentioned.

GO BILLS!

:thumbsup:

I listen to a lot of sports talk radio over the course of day,for years. There are some really bad personalities on all the networks, but I have to say, Colin Cowherd, to me, is the very worst national sports talk radio broadcaster I have ever heard. Most of the ESPN guys are pretty bad, but their saving grace is, they get more guests that you might be interested in hearing...Cowherd is awful. Repetitive, annoying voice, and not even remotely funny...just bad radio...don't know what his track record is for breaking stories/accuracy, but on more than one occaision, I have heard him pat himself on the back for placing more importance on being accurate, than on being first...

Repetitive and annoying pretty much sums it up

Cowherd is one of the more intellectual sports guys out there. While I don't always agree with him he's far more thought provoking than a lot of the cheerleader nitwits out there. His analysis of the relationship between sports and society is unique in a world of sports noise.

Unfortunately, a lot of sports fans aren't smart enough to understand his show.

Agree. I like his show quite a bit. He is much more intellectual and he makes no bones about it. He wants a higher degree of listener. Knuckle dragging meatballs need not listen.

Edited by Dadonkadonk

..the day gets away, and soon Mike & Mike morphs into Cowherd... it gets turned off, or flipped to some classic rock schlock!

Pretty much what happens to me as well. Real work takes over, and you pay less and less attention to the radio....

...until a pause occurs and is filled with Cowherd saying something like "USA WC soccer winning yesterday-->validates guys named Zack and their life choices":blink:....

and that's when it gets turned off.

I have yet to hear anything insightful, or original, from cowherd. All he does is rile up the easily riled college football crowd. If they are dumb enough to fall for it, then more power to cowherd.

After all, it is the duty of all trolls to troll the easily trolled. So, for me, cowherd is a mixed bag, that I mostly listen to unintentionally....

Cowherd is one of my favorite radio personalities to listen to. I've come to discover most people do not like him because he's too honest with his opinions and says what is really on his mind instead of kissing up to this or that or whatever all other national media is loving on any given day.

Agree. I like his show quite a bit. He is much more intellectual and he amkes no bones about it. He wants a higher degree of listener. Knuckle dragging meatballs need not listen.

When did you, cowherd, and the other retail assistant managers, become "intellectuals"? :P:lol::rolleyes:

Yes, when I think cowherd...the word "intellectual" comes to mind. :lol:

Not even close. Instead, cowherd is the wanna be intellectual. Cowherd is the guy who makes sure you notice he listens to classical music...but can't tell you the difference between measure and tempo and dynamics and/or how they are related, or practically, what makes a good allegro good. Or, he goes out of his way to make sure you know he knows what the words mean, but in doing so, talks through the entire piece.:wallbash:

Cowherd is the guy that secretly uses all sorts of tactics to find any new/edgy word or concept that will soon be en vogue, and works hard to make sure that he too will be able to use it. Guys like this eavesdrop on the self-recognizing motley crew of otherwise strangers that you will find randomly "meeting" in most airport bars. They will never know us, because they aren't us. However, they do want to hear what we are talking about...so that they go can back to whatever wanna be group, at their wanna be company, and be the first to use "configuration vs. convention"(and that's an old one, for you wannabes) properly in a sentence....and sound smart.:lol:

However, thank God for the cowherd intellectuals. Otherwise, I'd have a lot less people to make fun of here and elsewhere.

Agree. I like his show quite a bit. He is much more intellectual and he amkes no bones about it. He wants a higher degree of listener. Knuckle dragging meatballs need not listen.

The guy is awful...if you are mistaking his schlock for intellect, I am sorry for you. Seriously...he isn't even consistent with his opinions, he has no real point of view, he is the ultimate corporate schill...pretending that he is not...

The guy is awful...if you are mistaking his schlock for intellect, I am sorry for you. Seriously...he isn't even consistent with his opinions, he has no real point of view, he is the ultimate corporate schill...pretending that he is not...

I forgot about that part...

Guess who would suddenly have a new found love for hockey...couched in some dopey story about ponds and kids and whatever....

...if ESPN, and not NBC, had signed that big deal with the NHL. :rolleyes:

Until then the NBA will be "the superior league, in just about every way you can measure it". :rolleyes:

I forgot about that part...

Guess who would suddenly have a new found love for hockey...couched in some dopey story about ponds and kids and whatever....

...if ESPN, and not NBC, had signed that big deal with the NHL. :rolleyes:

Until then the NBA will be "the superior league, in just about every way you can measure it". :rolleyes:

I think this is the point you were bringing up with soccer. All of a sudden soccer was such a great sport after the head honchos at espn reminded him that they are doing the World Cup. He was having some sort of parties for that Cup thing that was the year before in South Africa.......That's about the time I stopped listening to him.

But, last year I tuned in one time - the day after the WC final, to see what he had to say about it, since he was now such a huge soccer guy.......He did not say one word about it the whole time I listened.

Can you imagine not talking about the Super Bowl the following day? If the WC was so great how do not talk about it the day after the final???

He is worthless but must have "photo's" ... His ratings are because he is on when no local sports talk competition exists so sadly he is the only game in town. But, I have never heard a more ego- centric national sports talk guy ... Listen for 30 and he'll priase himself 20 times!

So given the chooce of 'the herd' or elevator music, I am going to push the button for the bland while waiting for something closer to sports journalism to return to my espn radio.

To his credit, Cowherd does come up with some interesting topics for conversation at times, and he tends to make an effort to look at things from a different perspective. That being said, sports to him is clearly a business, as he is not a sports FAN at all. The guy thinks it's bad for sports whenever a small market team is in a championship game/series, and he's a bandwagon jumping front runner. I can't take all the credit for this, but he used to ALWAYS include B-lo among those franchises in the NFL he thinks should be gotten rid of. I took him to task on it once day by challenging his view that B-lo "can't support an NFL team" and told him to look up the attendance figures for the league over the past ten years - the same ten years where we didn't qualify for the playoffs even once. I haven't heard him mention the Bills since whenever he's revisited that topic.

Like OCinBuffalo said, he's clearly an image guy...I can take him in small doses, but for the most part I pity the guy, cause I get the sense that he just has never truly been a fan of anything great in sports.