Colin Cowherd

Working from home today and I had Colin Cowherd on ESPN tv. Never really watched/heard the guy before but I've obviously heard an earful about the guy from this board. So I'm doing some work and I hear the guy scream "GM of Cubs is fired! GM of Cubs is fired! I'm breaking this!" Then goes back and says, "hold on, I need confirmation." After commercial he says "my bad I just read speculation."

Does this go on regularly with this idiot? That sounds pretty irresponsible, especially if for the last 10 minutes you've screamed that the media hasn't acted rationally about LeBron.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17880034

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working from home today and I had Colin Cowherd on ESPN tv. Never really watched/heard the guy before but I've obviously heard an earful about the guy from this board. So I'm doing some work and I hear the guy scream "GM of Cubs is fired! GM of Cubs is fired! I'm breaking this!" Then goes back and says, "hold on, I need confirmation." After commercial he says "my bad I just read speculation."

Does this go on regularly with this idiot? That sounds pretty irresponsible, especially if for the last 10 minutes you've screamed that the media hasn't acted rationally about LeBron.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17880034

I listen to a lot of sports talk radio over the course of day,for years. There are some really bad personalities on all the networks, but I have to say, Colin Cowherd, to me, is the very worst national sports talk radio broadcaster I have ever heard. Most of the ESPN guys are pretty bad, but their saving grace is, they get more guests that you might be interested in hearing...Cowherd is awful. Repetitive, annoying voice, and not even remotely funny...just bad radio...don't know what his track record is for breaking stories/accuracy, but on more than one occaision, I have heard him pat himself on the back for placing more importance on being accurate, than on being first...

Edited by Buftex

he also doesn't billieve in rooting for losing teams. He sucks

Yes, I have heard that "rant" more than once too..."why waste your time, rooting for a team that isn't going to win?" He was a Cowboys fan, a 49'ers fan...a Miami Heat fan! Is there anything more offensive in sports fandom, than being a perpetual front-runner?

btw- he also seems to have a stick up his ass about the North-East...he says fans, and people are miserable sports fans, because they have nothing to do with their time, except dwell on the negative...which is why, he says, they cling to awful teams like the Browns, Indians, Bills, etc etc Guy is a douche!

Edited by Buftex

He is a skinny whiner with a receding hairline who was probably always the last kid picked on the playground. Furthermore, I suspect he was the kid that always got wedgies and was regularly stuffed in his locker as a young teen. Emmitt Smith is no picnic to listen to, but at least he is a once was instead of a never had a chance wannabe who is hellbent on proving his manhood by talking about things he has to buy a ticket to be a part of. Thank god for the off button!!!

Yes, I have heard that "rant" more than once too..."why waste your time, rooting for a team that isn't going to win?" He was a Cowboys fan, a 49'ers fan...a Miami Heat fan! Is there anything more offensive in sports fandom, than being a perpetual front-runner?

btw- he also seems to have a stick up his ass about the North-East...he says fans, and people are miserable sports fans, because they have nothing to do with their time, except dwell on the negative...which is why, he says, they cling to awful teams like the Browns, Indians, Bills, etc etc Guy is a douche!

He is a moron. There is a difference between supporting a loosing team (like the Bills) who try to win, and a loosing team like the Pirates, who until recently seemed indifferent to winning. (I am a fan of both, so take that Colin Cow(ard)herd.)!! What is the fun in jumping ship all the time? Supporting a team and becoming engraned in its culture/business is what makes sports fun and enjoyable (besides of course when your team finally wins, you can have pride that you didn't jump ship!).

He is the worst of the worst of the worst. At least other terrible announcers played professionally or in college, but i doubt this schmeeb played in gym class. Just turn him off and maybe ESPN will get the hint.

I listen to a lot of sports talk radio over the course of day,for years. There are some really bad personalities on all the networks, but I have to say, Colin Cowherd, to me, is the very worst national sports talk radio broadcaster I have ever heard. Most of the ESPN guys are pretty bad, but their saving grace is, they get more guests that you might be interested in hearing...Cowherd is awful. Repetitive, annoying voice, and not even remotely funny...just bad radio...don't know what his track record is for breaking stories/accuracy, but on more than one occaision, I have heard him pat himself on the back for placing more importance on being accurate, than on being first...

Agree about Cowherd. Here in DC I listen to Steve Czaban, with whom I disagree from time to time, but overall find his snarky wit and refusal to cow tow to anyone, whether it be the owner of the local football team or the network-sponser of the station upon which he appears in the afternoon (ESPN) refreshing. He has a morning show on a different station and this morning was taking shots at what he calls the "Same and Samer Show" on the four-letter essentially calling them out for not being critical of any professional athlete, attributing this failing to your observation above, that it can be restrictive to a sports talk host to comment about athletes when your format depends upon guest appearances.

Amazing how many of you hate him but I am SURE listen to him..just man up and admit it...he IS getting his ratings from somewhere

Oh I hate the guy, but I will not claim I don't listen to him. Normally, I put ESPN radio on in the morning (I think Mike & Mike are okay...better than my local alternatives, anyways), and then, we put it on at work, most mornings, when it is mostly they guys working...the day gets away, and soon Mike & Mike morphs into Cowherd...then after everyone realizes what a douche he is, it gets turned off, or flipped to some classic rock schlock!

I like SportsNation, that Michelle Beadle is a cutie and its a fun little program. Cowherd's personality works alright there, though I don't like his radio show either. Too much damn college football

I love Michelle Beadle...never paid much attention to her, until, one day, I came home from work, and my girlfriend was watching Sportsnation...she isn't a big sports fan, but she was laughing hysterically...just so happned the Cowherd was not on that day, and Marcellus Wiley was filling in for the "Herd"...they were pretty funny together...it was the first time I realized what a babe she was, and very witty...and she knows her sports...I wish they would just give her a show of her own (I have heard rumor of that), so I wouldn't never have to gaze on Cowherds beatty little eyes, and drooling lips...

Agree about Cowherd. Here in DC I listen to Steve Czaban, with whom I disagree from time to time, but overall find his snarky wit and refusal to cow tow to anyone, whether it be the owner of the local football team or the network-sponser of the station upon which he appears in the afternoon (ESPN) refreshing. He has a morning show on a different station and this morning was taking shots at what he calls the "Same and Samer Show" on the four-letter essentially calling them out for not being critical of any professional athlete, attributing this failing to your observation above, that it can be restrictive to a sports talk host to comment about athletes when your format depends upon guest appearances.

Czaven is very good...I am as politically opposed to him as I could be, but the guy is just funny. I used to hear him years ago, on the morning show on Sporting News Radio, and occaisionally filling in for Jim Rome. He kind of disappeared in my area, but surfaced again, a few years later, with a morning show on FOX Sports Radio. He was still great...then he got canned, for STEVEN A SMITH!!!!! Then I just stopped listening...

Edited by Buftex

http://www.prosports....php?p=17880034

Cowherd is one of the more intellectual sports guys out there. While I don't always agree with him he's far more thought provoking than a lot of the cheerleader nitwits out there. His analysis of the relationship between sports and society is unique in a world of sports noise.

Unfortunately, a lot of sports fans aren't smart enough to understand his show.

Oi. Now Steven A Smith. THAT guy is TERRIBLE.

They put him on on the drive home here in LA. If people think Colin C is loud and obnoxious, Steven A Smith makes him look like a minor leaguer. He's so awful, I even e-mailed the 710 ESPN program director and said that I'd turn off the radio every time I heard him until they get someone else less terrible.

I'd rather put a drillbit in my temple than listen to Steven A Smith.

Cowherd is one of the more intellectual sports guys out there. While I don't always agree with him he's far more thought provoking than a lot of the cheerleader nitwits out there. His analysis of the relationship between sports and society is unique in a world of sports noise.

Unfortunately, a lot of sports fans aren't smart enough to understand his show.

Isn't that Jim Romes' deal? If you don't like it, "you just don't get it".

Please...he is a nitwit cheerleader, he just nits his wits about the same things, over and over, and makes some of the worst analogies ever....