Mike Jasper tv report

I really like this kid. I really hope he makes it big with the Bills. I like his attitude and the way he is using the nay sayer too push him along. I really hope he turns out too be another Pat Williams or Ted Washington. If we can get him on the field he could really help with stopping run game.

Like you, I am also very anxious to see this kid start working with the team. He seems like a decent guy, and you gotta love the attitude.

To the person who wrote the article however...I think this is a bit of a misquote on Jasper: "Every time they say I'm slow I add 10 tenths to my 40-time." :lol:

Like you, I am also very anxious to see this kid start working with the team. He seems like a decent guy, and you gotta love the attitude.

To the person who wrote the article however...I think this is a bit of a misquote on Jasper: "Every time they say I'm slow I add 10 tenths to my 40-time." :lol:

Well, he did say that in the video so the quote was correct. I am sure that Jasper meant that he

improved his forty time.

"I came full circle from a kid to a man"

I'm not understanding how that is a full circle.

But hey, he already has the talent to misuse sayings, which seems to be a requirement for good ballplayers these days.

I like him ;)

While it is his personal life I would like to know what caused him to go from school to school to school to finally end up at a Coe College type place.

I dont want the guy trashed but come on.....there has to be a reason why a athletic freak of over 400 pounds was not playing at a more legit Div I school......I mean USC, UCLA.....they would have been all over this guy I know this for a fact.

Kinda cool to see late round picks get so much talk on this board. Last year it was Wang and how he was going to ignite Bills fever in China, and this year Jasper. I suspect late rounders don't get much airtime on other teams fan boards.

Edited by CodeMonkey

"I came full circle from a kid to a man"

I'm not understanding how that is a full circle.

But hey, he already has the talent to misuse sayings, which seems to be a requirement for good ballplayers these days.

I like him ;)

Okay, so MJ is not the most eloquent orator. I just want to see him bury opponents.

PTR

While it is his personal life I would like to know what caused him to go from school to school to school to finally end up at a Coe College type place.

I dont want the guy trashed but come on.....there has to be a reason why a athletic freak of over 400 pounds was not playing at a more legit Div I school......I mean USC, UCLA.....they would have been all over this guy I know this for a fact.

He go to a big school and was not academically eligible, transferred to Tennessee Martin or something then to Bethel. He was

also seriously overweight. He has dedicated himself to getting in shape and has done a wonderful job to come this far. Now,

we'll see if he can continue and if he can play at the NFL level.

WBBJ

The hardest thing about the lockout now is not seeing our draft picks in OTAs. I'm dying to see MJ in drills against NFL level players.

PTR

Ok, someone needs to clue me in on what I am missing here. Where is all the excitement coming from about this kid who is a 7th round pick and a long shot to make the team with a crowded D Line in front of him all ready? I don't mean that to knock the kid, I am just asking someone to clue me in on why this kid keeps getting so many threads started on him. We have some great prospects out of this draft, but this kid is being talked about more than any of our first 3 picks who are all potential day 1 starters.

Don't get me wrong, I think its great he is generating so much support, I just curious to where it is coming from as I had not heard a peep about him prior to the draft or during the draft until we picked him up.

He was offered (and apparently accepted) scholarships to two major universities. I don't remember them off the top of my banged-up head but I believe Old Miss and Florida might be them. What happened, in both cases, is that the coaches who recruited him left/were fired. So off he went elsewhere.

I would hate to think that going to a small school was grounds for avoiding a player because, in that case, the Bills wouldn't have brought in Freddy Jackson, Phil Hansen, Andre Reed and a bunch of others.

Ok, someone needs to clue me in on what I am missing here. Where is all the excitement coming from about this kid who is a 7th round pick and a long shot to make the team with a crowded D Line in front of him all ready? I don't mean that to knock the kid, I am just asking someone to clue me in on why this kid keeps getting so many threads started on him. We have some great prospects out of this draft, but this kid is being talked about more than any of our first 3 picks who are all potential day 1 starters.

Don't get me wrong, I think its great he is generating so much support, I just curious to where it is coming from as I had not heard a peep about him prior to the draft or during the draft until we picked him up.

Its because he is a long shot to make the team. And kinda freakishly big. Like Wang last year (minus the freakishly big part).

Edited by CodeMonkey

WBBJ

The hardest thing about the lockout now is not seeing our draft picks in OTAs. I'm dying to see MJ in drills against NFL level players.

PTR

Thanks PROMO!!

I think all of Buffalo is rooting for the possibilities of this kid!!! His drive is intense and if he proves the naysayers wrong we have found a treasure for both on and off the field (Funny, but the Nix picks all seem to have those characteristics! Refreshing after the lazy attitudes we have seen coming to OBD the last few years.).