Any more word on the Bills Succession Plan?

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/10/12/1746725/wawrow-speculates-on-possible-bills-succession-plan

Ralph stated last October that it will take the Bills three years to turn around, and he doesn't expect to be around for it, leading many people to think (including John Wawrow) that Ralph is/has put a succession plan in place. After October, not much else was mentioned about it. Has anyone else heard more info on that?

The only one I can think that Ralph would give the team to, would be his niece.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/10/12/1746725/wawrow-speculates-on-possible-bills-succession-plan

Ralph stated last October that it will take the Bills three years to turn around, and he doesn't expect to be around for it, leading many people to think (including John Wawrow) that Ralph is/has put a succession plan in place. After October, not much else was mentioned about it. Has anyone else heard more info on that?

The only one I can think that Ralph would give the team to, would be his niece.

Very good question. Wawrow said last year, he felt it was 65-70% chance that the Bills will be in Buffalo long-term after Ralph passes. Let's hope that comes true.

Another piece of information could possibly come from Tom Golisano's final press conference as Sabres owner. He cited the example of the Wegman's family. Robert Wegman had turned over assets of his company to his children prior to his death thereby eliminating the tax burden on his family. Golisano stated Ralph is a smart business man and he is convinced that a succession plan is in place. This is all pure speculation, however I have noticed the past few months that the Bills are no longer the first team mentioned to relocate to LA.

Another piece of information could possibly come from Tom Golisano's final press conference as Sabres owner. He cited the example of the Wegman's family. Robert Wegman had turned over assets of his company to his children prior to his death thereby eliminating the tax burden on his family. Golisano stated Ralph is a smart business man and he is convinced that a succession plan is in place. This is all pure speculation, however I have noticed the past few months that the Bills are no longer the first team mentioned to relocate to LA.

I remember Golisano saying that. Hopefully, he is right and the succession plan is already in place.

Golisano might be okay as an owner as long as Larry friggin' Quinn stays as far away as possible. But all you folks who thought Ralph was cheap better get ready for a whole new level of frugality with Tommy Boy in da' house.

PTR

Golisano might be okay as an owner as long as Larry friggin' Quinn stays as far away as possible. But all you folks who thought Ralph was cheap better get ready for a whole new level of frugality with Tommy Boy in da' house.

PTR

i know, that thought is quite alarming, but again, do we want a sh-tty team, or no team at all? lousy options, i know, but that is the reality if tom G gets in.

Scrappy=Scooby alert? Coming back for his yearly ban just before season starts? :P

Anyway... Maybe John Wawrow has some updates? Ow wait... he was chased away from the board... :(:wallbash::thumbdown:

Oh dear lord- he's gone too now? We just can't be trusted with nice things around here!

i know, that thought is quite alarming, but again, do we want a sh-tty team, or no team at all? lousy options, i know, but that is the reality if tom G gets in.

There's been talk about Pegula possibly buying the team, if ever up for sale. That would be more ideal for us fans, than Golisano.

Its been a long time since I posted anything..but I thhink this is important news. Last year while Flying to BLO for opening day I had to change planes in Atlanta. I had a 2 hour delay and waiting for the same plane was Billy Shaw. We talked about the Bills for several hours and he assured me that for a Fact that there is a contigency plan in place already for Kelly's group ( Didn't go into detail on who is in the group) will take over ownership of the Bills.

I felt he was very sincere and honest in him passing off this information to me. He also lives down the block in Atlanta from Chan Gailey.

There's been talk about Pegula possibly buying the team, if ever up for sale. That would be more ideal for us fans, than Golisano.

yea, i know, would prefer him, and, overall, the options out there give me confidence that the team will stay. you could have groups, consisting of kelly, wegman, bob rich, whatever. despite the hand-wringing, there is still money in the WNY area to secure the team's future.

I was talking with some non-Bills-fan friends recently and one of them asked what happens to the franchise if Ralph Wilson develops Alzheimers. At his age, a disease like that is not out of the question. It seems that such a situation -- without some sort of succession plan in place -- could just be as disruptive to the franchise.

Its been a long time since I posted anything..but I thhink this is important news. Last year while Flying to BLO for opening day I had to change planes in Atlanta. I had a 2 hour delay and waiting for the same plane was Billy Shaw. We talked about the Bills for several hours and he assured me that for a Fact that there is a contigency plan in place already for Kelly's group ( Didn't go into detail on who is in the group) will take over ownership of the Bills.

I felt he was very sincere and honest in him passing off this information to me. He also lives down the block in Atlanta from Chan Gailey.

What is Gailey doing down there?!

He had better live in a nice place in OP or Hamburg or somewhere in WNY!

Ye Good Ol' Airport Herald!

PTR

Just a hunch but I could see a combination of the Jacobs Family (Delaware North Companies) and Terry Pegula purchasing the team with Pegula acting as the majority owner. That way Jacobs could also own the Bruins and not be in violation of NFL ownership rules. I know Pegula has stated that he has no interest in the Bills, but after the reception he got from WNY while purchasing the Sabres, he might change his mind.

Highest bidder is what I had last, so this is all just specualtion until I hear different from the old man himself.

Speculation also. Highest may not be approved by the other owners. NHL didn't want Basille in their league and he offered a ton for the Coyotes.

What is Gailey doing down there?!

He had better live in a nice place in OP or Hamburg or somewhere in WNY!

He has a home down there. If fact his first interview with the Bills was in a private room at the airport.

Guest three3

let us keep goliscoundrel as far away as possible. it still goes to the highest bidder: terry pegula by 1 cent