A New Team in 2011

Why don't you go to work and snivel your praises to your boss. That's where you belong. Realist my arse. I'll tell you what real is. Real is an angry, passionate 300lb defensive lineman who smashes his opponent to the turf. It doesn't get any more real than that especially if your on the receiving end of that punishment. Forget your scientific outlook and simply work harder, set the bar higher and see where it takes you. If you can't even try, you're a loser.

What does my "sniveling" my praises to my boss have to do with anything here? And how does being or not being a realist relate to a 300lb person tacking someone? And lastly how does where I "set the bar" for the Bills this season affect how Fitz or Spiller or the team as a whole performs? In fact, don't bother answering. You apparently have problems maintaining a rational train of thought. I hear Adderall works well for a lot of people. Have a nice day.

Edited by CodeMonkey

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah take it easy Code.

He''s just talking about the zeitgeist of being a fan of a team and the possibility that our spirit and the fan environment that we can create in "Bills Nation" can possibly have a positive effect on a team.

I like the sentiment…I think it's a bit idealistic but on the other hand, I'm a bit jaded.

Let's not argue too much about this.

I realize this is none of my business btw…just saying.

Ah take it easy Code.

He''s just talking about the zeitgeist of being a fan of a team and the possibility that our spirit and the fan environment that we can create in "Bills Nation" can possibly have a positive effect on a team.

I like the sentiment…I think it's a bit idealistic but on the other hand, I'm a bit jaded.

Let's not argue too much about this.

I realize this is none of my business btw…just saying.

No worries. No doubt I'm a bit jaded myself.

Logic doesn't win games. Passion does though. Nothing wrong with believing 9-7 or even 11-5 is possible. As far as I am concerned, if you do not have high expectations, you are a loser. Losers never set the bar any higher than a "logical" sure thing. Losers except the status quo. Losers lurk behind every corner and try to steal someone elses thunder. Winners on the other hand don't give a good god damn what others think because they can make their own thunder. So stick that in your logic pipe and smoke it.

So if you don't believe in 9-7 or 11-5 you must be a loser... that makes sense. Fans can have expectations all they want but it is up to the team to have expectations that they try and want to meet. Fan expectation isn't relevant to the team success at all...

Reality is that the Bills are rebuilding and there are 2 great teams in the same damn division. They haven't made the playoffs in over a decade and had an atrocious defense last year. No one knows how these draft picks will turn out or if our young players on the team will improve.

Fans have been predicting playoffs every year the past decade and they have yet to make it back.. How can you rag on people for being less optimistic than you considering that? What team have you been watching?

Edited by kobe808lak

2011, assuming there is football, will be a terrible year for Bills fans. The team will be good and may actually make the playoffs, leaving the whiners and haters with nothing to B word about. Oh wait, I forgot, there's always something to B word about.

PTR

How is 8-8 a new team? We've been 7-9, 8-8 for the majority of the past decade. :thumbdown:

I was with the op until he came out with the 8-8 -- have the Bills been so bad for so long that a winning season is something people can't hope for? Assuming there is a full season if the Bills don't have a legitimate shot at the playoffs in the final week of the year then I would say the season was a good one.

2011, assuming there is football, will be a terrible year for Bills fans. The team will be good and may actually make the playoffs, leaving the whiners and haters with nothing to B word about. Oh wait, I forgot, there's always something to B word about.

PTR

I hope you are right my robotic friend. But if memory serves you were thinking this about one year ago as well.

So if you don't believe in 9-7 or 11-5 you must be a loser... that makes sense. Fans can have expectations all they want but it is up to the team to have expectations that they try and want to meet. Fan expectation isn't relevant to the team success at all...

Reality is that the Bills are rebuilding and there are 2 great teams in the same damn division. They haven't made the playoffs in over a decade and had an atrocious defense last year. No one knows how these draft picks will turn out or if our young players on the team will improve.

Fans have been predicting playoffs every year the past decade and they have yet to make it back.. How can you rag on people for being less optimistic than you considering that? What team have you been watching?

You still don't get it. I love these so called realists. Reality is what you make it. Every team starts out 0-0. The reality is that any team can go to the playoffs next season or the Superbowl for that matter. That's the reality. Who gives a damn about predictions? This has nothing to do with predictions. The idea here is that passion for your team is OK. You self-proclaimed realists are not realists at all. You are losers who have laid down and excepted mediocrity. So sorry if I have offended your sensibilities, loser.

Edited by Rockinon

What does my "sniveling" my praises to my boss have to do with anything here? And how does being or not being a realist relate to a 300lb person tacking someone? And lastly how does where I "set the bar" for the Bills this season affect how Fitz or Spiller or the team as a whole performs? In fact, don't bother answering. You apparently have problems maintaining a rational train of thought. I hear Adderall works well for a lot of people. Have a nice day.

I'm having trouble maintaining a rational train of thought? Look at yourself. You are the one accepting the status-quo. Oh, but that's right, your a realist.

Edited by Rockinon

Hows that progress? We EASILY should've been a 7-9 team last year if we won a couple OT games and won some other close games. I expect a 10-6 season next year and POSSIBLE playoff contention or I consider it a failure. I don't SETTLE for an average and subpar season like most in here.

I agree. We should be 10-6 and in playoff contention.

I don't know about the rest of yall, but I can't go into a season thinking 3-13 is going to be good and maybe next year we get the first pick and get Luck. Then another couple of years for him to suck and get his sea legs and then in mid decade we might be ready to compete. The ONLY way I can look at is, that there's a new season coming up. Let's go balls out and try to win this thing THIS YEAR. And with our new players and a second year with a coach after many promising things last year, why the hell not? Other teams do it. Why not us?

Go BILLS !!

Super Bowl baby !!

Simply not true. We're freaking 62-98 over the past decade. Coming off 6-10 and 4-12 season and a major rebuilding phase actually in progress w/ young talent for once, there's nothing wrong w/ an 8-8 season. That is progress. Young players winning, not 7-9s w/ stop gap vets.

Been hearing the same crap for 10+years

You still don't get it. I love these so called realists. Reality is what you make it. Every team starts out 0-0. The reality is that any team can go to the playoffs next season or the Superbowl for that matter. That's the reality. Who gives a damn about predictions? This has nothing to do with predictions. The idea here is that passion for your team is OK. You self-proclaimed realists are not realists at all. You are losers who have laid down and excepted mediocrity. So sorry if I have offended your sensibilities, loser.

Boy are you riding that thin line.... <_<

12-4? i wont be happy unitl we go 19-0!

You're settling for some insanely low standards here. I won't be content until we go 22 and -3. That's right. 22 wins and -3 losses. How can a team lose fewer than zero games, you ask? It just can. B-)