A New Team in 2011

Awesome changes have been happening at One Bills Drive. It's a whole new team. New Uniforms, New playing field, New scouting department Modrak fired, Great draft. The old loosing days are over. I BILLLIEVE!!!!! 8-8 or higher this year.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome changes have been happening at One Bills Drive. It's a whole new team. New Uniforms, New playing field, New scouting department Modrak fired, Great draft. The old loosing days are over. I BILLLIEVE!!!!! 8-8 or higher this year.

How is 8-8 a new team? We've been 7-9, 8-8 for the majority of the past decade. :thumbdown:

I hear your optimism and it's great but being a realist and a fan at the same time I think they've got 3 years until they even break above 50%. They're putting the pieces in place but are starting to become a young team with no franchise QB in place that is really searching for an identity. If they go 50% this year but develop and grow the new guys they'll reach what my goal for them would be. I want to see last year's draft class become more evident. You had Easley (sp?) who was injured coming back to add to the recieving corps, Carrington is still a question mark as to if he can perform at the level we need, Moats looked promising but needs to earn the starting role again, and not to mention the #1 pick in CJ that hasn't really been all that spectacular. They need to find out how to get him the ball in space.

I do believe that this may have been the best draft as far as raw talent in quite some time. The Modrak Era has ended and the Whaley era begins. I do believe that Nix has this team heading in the right direction. I think he may have really done most of the work on the scouting and understood that Modrak screwed up the last 10 years of this franchises picks. This year and last year I believe that Nix/Gailey made the calls with Modrak's suggestions of minor importance. They went for players they found that were proven producers not like the MAYBIN 1 year wonder pick that has set us back quite a bit on where we should be with our D.

Good Riddance Modrak. Nice work Chan & Buddy. I really hope that they can turn this around eventually but as to the subject of the initial comment, 8-8 would be above expectations for me. I would be thrilled with an 8-8 season showing some direction as to the younger players and where they fit. Next year, QB (maybe by trading up) that can be the face of the franchise. Then 2 years from that they'll be competing for a spot on the AFC side barring no set backs or flops in the next couple drafts.

MC

RIP. The Donahue Modrak Era is Dead. I Billieve that the Bills Defense and an offense lead by last years #1 pick Spiller,will have a competitive season with two or three big upsets. New England??? They wont make the playoffs but last year was the bottom of the valley and now were headed to the top.

The Bills biggest problem last year was the defense not being able to stop anything. Otherwise they had a solid year and their record would have been better. If this season does happen I can see 10-6 if the new additions have an instant impact.

How is 8-8 a new team? We've been 7-9, 8-8 for the majority of the past decade. :thumbdown:

Simply not true. We're freaking 62-98 over the past decade. Coming off 6-10 and 4-12 season and a major rebuilding phase actually in progress w/ young talent for once, there's nothing wrong w/ an 8-8 season. That is progress. Young players winning, not 7-9s w/ stop gap vets.

Edited by stony

If we go 8-8 with our young rooks and second year players as starters, how is that low expectations? That would be huge progress.

+1

If we go 8-8 with our young rooks and second year players as starters, how is that low expectations? That would be huge progress.

Hows that progress? We EASILY should've been a 7-9 team last year if we won a couple OT games and won some other close games. I expect a 10-6 season next year and POSSIBLE playoff contention or I consider it a failure. I don't SETTLE for an average and subpar season like most in here.

You guys have such LOW standards. You'd be happy with an 8-8 season? I won't be happy until we hit the 10-6 mark.

You have such LOW standards. You'd be happy with a 10-6 season? I won't be happy until we hit the 12-4 mark. :rolleyes:

I hear your optimism and it's great but being a realist and a fan at the same time I think they've got 3 years until they even break above 50%.

I think this is an unrealistic view of how quickly things turn around in the NFL all the time.

Who had Tampa Bay going 10-6 last year (after going 3-13 in 2009)? Kansas City at 10-6 after going 4-12 in 2009?

Lots of teams stink and stay that way, of course, but the truth is that there is real parity of talent levels in the league, so it doesn't take much of a push to radically change a team's fortunes.

As for the Bills went 4-12, blah, blah - sure - after opening 2 games with Edwards, using a new defensive scheme they didn't have the players for, they still went 4-4 in the last 8, and three of their losses were in OT to playoff teams.

A close loss is still a loss - but an OT loss means you were tied after a full 60-minute game. The Bills were tied with three playoff teams - Baltimore, Kansas City, and Pittsburgh after a full 60-minute game - with two of them on the road, no less. They have some ability. If the defensive add's (including Wannstadt and the returning youngsters from last year) have a real impact - there's no reason at all to think 8-8 is a bad guess.

I'd also add that I think they were worse than they could have been last year, simply because the new coaching staff was sticking with some questionable veterans in order to evaluate them in the new schemes, and not necessarily playing the best choices until later.

Edited by BobChalmers

Hows that progress? We EASILY should've been a 7-9 team last year if we won a couple OT games and won some other close games. I expect a 10-6 season next year and POSSIBLE playoff contention or I consider it a failure. I don't SETTLE for an average and subpar season like most in here.

Because 4-12 to 8-8 is progress.

You are what your record says you are.

Any losing team can point to 2-3 moments in their season which would have positively affected their record…but close don't count.

If the Bills doubled their win output, that would be a strong indication of progress.