Fox news says Bin Laden is dead!

Steve O

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon guys. Please return to the FACT bin Laden has been eliminated. Otherwise, this topic comes to a close -Simon says!

So, should we now expedite pulling out of Afghanistan? Leave the nomadic tribes to themselves? The original mission is complete, IMO. Very little remains there of Al Qaeda. By most accounts, just a ragged band of Taliban, mercenarys and select, small factions of Al Qaeda. We're never gonna get 'em all and would be foolish to try to chase down every last one of them with 100K troops, IMO.

C'mon guys. Please return to the FACT bin Laden has been eliminated. Otherwise, this topic comes to a close -Simon says!

Topic open for now.

Hope the children enjoy their vacation.

I don't have a Facebook account... Never have, never will... Too gratuitous, trendy.

What I am trying to say is that Facebook is like TV and this message board is like radio... I am a "radio guy."

Hmmm...I actually like that. Facebook is gratuitous. There's a narcissism it can satisfy for some, but for the most part...why give this info? LOL. Nice. I mean I have a facebook, to me you must to be relevant and it's a great way to keep in contact w/ people I otherwise wouldn't...but I don't exactly give a bunch of info that most do. Never been completely comfortable with it, but ya gotta have one...which brings me to my next point...it's anything but "trendy."

Guest three3

Hmmm...I actually like that. Facebook is gratuitous. There's a narcissism it can satisfy for some, but for the most part...why give this info? LOL. Nice. I mean I have a facebook, to me you must to be relevant and it's a great way to keep in contact w/ people I otherwise wouldn't...but I don't exactly give a bunch of info that most do. Never been completely comfortable with it, but ya gotta have one...which brings me to my next point...it's anything but "trendy."

no, you don't have to have an account just because almost everyone else has one. i never have and never will.

Edited by three3

no, you don't have to have an account just because almost everyone else has one. i never have and never will.

It depends on how old you are but you basically at least need some type of account if you are a young person. Also, I do a lot of deals that go through facebook. Free this...free that...ect...resisting facebook is like resisting google or the internet in general. It's connected to everything and just using it in a limited sense even if you oppose it makes sense. But anyway...this thread is about Bin Laden. Not politics though just the "fact that he is dead" lol. So I guess we should type "he is dead" over and over.

Guest three3

It depends on how old you are but you basically at least need some type of account if you are a young person. Also, I do a lot of deals that go through facebook. Free this...free that...ect...resisting facebook is like resisting google or the internet in general. It's connected to everything and just using it in a limited sense even if you oppose it makes sense. But anyway...this thread is about Bin Laden. Not politics though just the "fact that he is dead" lol. So I guess we should type "he is dead" over and over.

why does a young person need a facebook account? please explain that. and by the way, he is dead

why does a young person need a facebook account? please explain that. and by the way, he is dead

just b/c young people have a different level of expectation for the level of communication and the accessibility/ease/method of doing so....he is dead

I don't agree with that but as I mentioned I get so many updates from places. We'll be sitting around on a Satuday wondering what to do and I'll get an update for a restaurant. And that'll do it. Let's go! Or a winery will be talking about a special deal they have that weekend. Let's go! I have a sonoma winery that wants to get together with me an bring a bunch of their wine and have me cook because of all the food pics on my page. I have a blast with it and very little is with friends. It's places

Guest three3

I don't agree with that but as I mentioned I get so many updates from places. We'll be sitting around on a Satuday wondering what to do and I'll get an update for a restaurant. And that'll do it. Let's go! Or a winery will be talking about a special deal they have that weekend. Let's go! I have a sonoma winery that wants to get together with me an bring a bunch of their wine and have me cook because of all the food pics on my page. I have a blast with it and very little is with friends. It's places

that is understandable, chef. regarding the social/communicative aspect of facebook, there is that thing called e-mail. you can write messages, send links and attach photos to an e-mail in case any of the young people forgot. no need for facebook imo...by the way, he is dead