Batten moving back to OLB

Bills LB Danny Batten, who missed the 2010 season due to shoulder surgery was shifted from outside linebacker to inside linebacker while he learned the scheme in the meeting rooms last year. After Buffalo’s most recent additions in this year’s draft it’s possible that he’ll be on the move again.

Head coach Chan Gailey said nothing is set in stone, but did admit it’s possible that with the additions of third round pick Kelvin Sheppard and sixth round pick Chris White, both inside linebackers, that Batten could be shifting back outside again.

“That’s something to be determined as time goes on,” said Gailey. ”There’s going to have to be some movement yes, but don’t know which way it’s going to go right now. But that’s one of the things that we are considering at this point.”

In all likelihood Batten would have no problem with such a move as he spent the majority of his college career rushing off the edge anyway.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/05/01/batten-could-be-on-move/

I actually like this idea, he showed signs during camp at OLB before injury after switching from DE in college, no need to make him learn another new position.

Team needs LB's but I think that Nix will dip into the free agency pool to grab a couple of veteran depth guys both at OLB and at MLB.

Gadzooks I hope you're right, and higher quality than Davis/Torbor. I can't blame them last year - put some bodies on the field while you sort the keepers from the fish you want to toss.

This year, if they want to improve, they need to go for quality.

It's not a matter of money so much either - look what they paid Green, and look what they resigned Kelsay for. It's like we couldn't see any linebackers who weren't Miami castoffs or personally known to a coach.