Starting defense?

In the 34,

DL: Williams-Troup-Dareus

LB: Merriman-Posluszny-Sheppard?-Kelsay/Moats?

CB: McKelvin-A.Williams-nickel:McGee

FS: Byrd

SS: Wilson/Scott/Searcy?

Jasper seriously could make moves.

Great depth on the dline with Edwards, Carrington and Sp. Johnson too

In the 34,

I don't see Kyle Williams moving to end in the 34. His arms are short and that's difficult when lining up over the offensive tackle as opposed to a guard or center. I think Dwan Edwards, Williams and Dareus are the starting 34 line.

We can pray that Moats and Merriman are the starters at OLB, but inevitably Kelsay will either see time over Moats, or once Merriman gets hurt.

Hope we re-sign Poz and Sheppard beats out Andra Davis.

Your secondary looks pretty good to me, but I think Aaron Williams will be the nickle guy. He played most of his college career in the slot.

If we can re-sign Drayton Florence, I would prefer we do that and cut ties with Terrence McGee at this point. Terrence has been a class act for us but I'd rather re-sign the younger Florence and let the often injured McGee go.

DL: Edwards-Williams-Dareus

LB: Merriman-Posluszny-Davis-Kelsay/Moats

CB: McKelvin-McGee nickle: Williams

SS: Whitner (for now, maybe a FA replacement but as of right now he was tendered as an RFA and is still a Bill)

100% correct.

I don't see Kyle Williams moving to end in the 34. His arms are short and that's difficult when lining up over the offensive tackle as opposed to a guard or center. I think Dwan Edwards, Williams and Dareus are the starting 34 line.

We can pray that Moats and Merriman are the starters at OLB, but inevitably Kelsay will either see time over Moats, or once Merriman gets hurt.

Hope we re-sign Poz and Sheppard beats out Andra Davis.

Your secondary looks pretty good to me, but I think Aaron Williams will be the nickle guy. He played most of his college career in the slot.

If we can re-sign Drayton Florence, I would prefer we do that and cut ties with Terrence McGee at this point. Terrence has been a class act for us but I'd rather re-sign the younger Florence and let the often injured McGee go.

Huh?! McGee is a whopping TWO months older than Florence...

kelsey is not a lb, he is a de. do you not remember him trying to play lb when we ran the 3-4 for the first part of last season.

I agree with you and most of this board does as well, but dont forget, the guys making decisions gave him a fat contract mid-season. I don't think they did that to have him ride the bench.

Here's how I think it will break down.

Our "Starters" aka, the faces you see in CBS during the first drive.

DE's, Dareus and Edwards

DT Williams

OLB's Merriman and Kelsay

ILB's Poz and Sheppard

CB's McGee and McKelvin

FS Byrd

SS Whitner (IF they go back to the 2010 rules. If not, I would say Wilson)

OK...

Here's what really matters....

I think the above will be their base 3-4. I think you'll see sets where Troupe goes on the nose, and Williams kicks outside. I think you'll also see times when Dareus lines head up on the center.

When we go 4-down-linemen.....say in a nickel (4 DL, 2 LB 5 DB)

If it's third and Long.....I think you'll see Kelsay and Merriman at DE, Dareus and Williams at DT. I think you could also see Moats put his hand on the ground and rush the passer.

In the 34,

DL: Carrington - Williams-Dareus

LB: Merriman-Posluszny-Sheppard-Moats

CB: McKelvin-Mgee-nickel:Willims

FS: Byrd (Williams)

Troup rotates on run downs

In the 34,

DL : Dareus - Williams - Carrington

LB: Merriman - Sheppard - Poz - Moats

Sec: Williams - Scott - Wilson - McGee

If Jasper has any skills he will be taking the NT by midseason, White to SILB and Searcy to FS.

Our "Starters" aka, the faces you see in CBS during the first drive.

DE's, Dareus and Edwards

DT Williams

OLB's Merriman and Kelsay

ILB's Poz and Sheppard

CB's McGee and McKelvin

FS Byrd

SS Whitner (IF they go back to the 2010 rules. If not, I would say Wilson)

OK...

Here's what really matters....

I think the above will be their base 3-4. I think you'll see sets where Troupe goes on the nose, and Williams kicks outside. I think you'll also see times when Dareus lines head up on the center.

When we go 4-down-linemen.....say in a nickel (4 DL, 2 LB 5 DB)

If it's third and Long.....I think you'll see Kelsay and Merriman at DE, Dareus and Williams at DT. I think you could also see Moats put his hand on the ground and rush the passer.

I get it but I gotta say that I dont thnk our coach gives a flying !@#$ what CBS thinks about our starting lineup and think he may do something different. Perhaps because he's upset about the crew that CBS dedicates to us on any given weeek. :devil:

DL : Dareus - Williams - Carrington

LB: Merriman - Sheppard - Poz - Moats

Sec: Williams - Scott - Wilson - McGee

If Jasper has any skills he will be taking the NT by midseason, White to SILB and Searcy to FS.

I think we have a winner.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Troup-Williams-Dareus. Bookend 320 pound guys with an athletic NT, we could see a revolutionary 34. Force double teams with large active DE, freeing up the best first step among all DT/NTs in the NFL. Drop Williams into coverage, have him stunt around the end or knife in through gaps. Gives our defense a creative ID

DL: Carrington - Williams-Dareus

LB: Merriman-Posluszny-Sheppard-Moats

CB: McKelvin-Mgee-nickel:Willims

FS: Byrd (Williams)

Troup rotates on run downs

This is definitely how I see it. I think there will be a lot of rotation on the D-line, but our base set should be this. I'm actually surprised there's so much differing opinions on this.

I also think a line-up of Williams - Troupe - Dareus would be excellent. (big) If Jasper is able to get into the rotation I think they'll eventually go this route.

DL:

Dareus - Williams - Carrington

LB:

Merriman - Sheppard - Posluszny - Moats

CB:

McKelvin and McGee

Safety:

Byrd - Whitner (I think they re-sign him once he realizes he isn't going to get $8+ million on the open market)

Maybe not for the CBS 'eye' on opening day, but possibly by year's end:

DL Dareus - Jasper - Williams

LB Batton - Poz - Sheppard - Moats

CB McKelvin - McGee

S Byrd - Searcy

I'm of a mind set Merriman is damaged goods. Gotta see to believe. Jasper is the one true NG on the team. Batton was penciled in as a likely Day 1 starter last year. No reasonable reason not to expect it was just delayed a year.

JMO