when did North Carolina become a Powerhouse?

Can anyone tell me when did North Carolina become a Football Powerhouse, especially on Defense???? There were all kinds of players picked from that team especially on Defense including the Bills.....reminds me of the NC State year with McCargo and gang who were all busts.......Did all of our scouts just scout North Carolina.....come on guys you missed a lot of talent around the country................Modrak get off your lazy ass and resign, your a BUM!

North Carolina has had one of the better defenses in college football the last couple of years. In '09, they finished the year ranked 6th nationally, and even with all the suspensions, they still managed to finish 30th this year. Nine players from that team were selected this year, four in the first two rounds. The Bills weren't the only ones interested, apparently.

North Carolina has had one of the better defenses in college football the last couple of years. In '09, they finished the year ranked 6th nationally, and even with all the suspensions, they still managed to finish 30th this year. Nine players from that team were selected this year, four in the first two rounds. The Bills weren't the only ones interested, apparently.

Powerhouse....they look like a one of those farm clubs for baseball teams.

Can anyone tell me when did North Carolina become a Football Powerhouse, especially on Defense???? There were all kinds of players picked from that team especially on Defense including the Bills.....reminds me of the NC State year with McCargo and gang who were all busts.......Did all of our scouts just scout North Carolina.....come on guys you missed a lot of talent around the country................Modrak get off your lazy ass and resign, your a BUM!

This is just unreal. You have to be trolling.

Do you watch college football? they had the most guys invited to the combine this year. You will notice that a lot teams drafted their players. Maybe you should get off yours and watch a few games before you go spouting off about something you know nothing about.

I can't tell if the OP is being sarcastic or not. I love what the Bills did in this draft, but do think that whatever scouts they have covering the northern and eastern ends of the country must be thinking, "WTF did I just spend a year of my life putting 250,000 miles on my Honda Civic for anyway?"

I think their philsophy was a new one: BPA south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Get 'er done, Buddy!

Do some homework yourself. Geesh.

when did Mississippi Valley State become a powerhouse? Jerry Rice

When did Troy St become a powerhouse? DeMarcus Ware

When did Kutztown become a powerhouse? Andre Reed

UNC has produced Julius Peppers and Lawrence Taylor

get the point? I am not sure I got yours.

when did Mississippi Valley State become a powerhouse? Jerry Rice

When did Troy St become a powerhouse? DeMarcus Ware

When did Kutztown become a powerhouse? Andre Reed

UNC has produced Julius Peppers and Lawrence Taylor

get the point? I am not sure I got yours.

Add Greg Ellis and Gerald Sensabaugh to the list.