Welcome back to buffalo dick jauron.....

Nix is trying to build a bigger and more physical defense. Our secondary was very thin. We needed a SS. Nix isn't reaching for DBs like Jauron and co. did. But I guess it's just easier to complain about a player because of the position he plays rather than looking at who we have on the roster first and understanding that we could certainly use him.

I agree- w Florence a FA and Youboty gone they need corners and not to mention McGee had injury issues and Leodis hasnt proven hes a true number one guy yet. Whitner is gone so we needed a safety and I also agree they're trying to get bigger on Defense.......

People have already said it before on different threads but it's worth mentioning again. Our secondary looked decent to some people last year because nobody had to throw it on us when they could easily run it for 200 yards a game. Go back and look at the tape and you will see when they did actually throw on us on 3rd and longs they got the first down too many times for me to be comfortable with our current secondary.

Secondly, the NFL has evolved into a passing league and you see 4 and 5 wide receiver sets all the time. With that being said you can't have enough quality db's.

Is drafting two corners(Searcy should switch to SS) a popular move around here?? LOL hell no... But at least we didnt use a 1st rounder on a reach of a pick.

Nix is trying to build a bigger and more physical defense. Our secondary was very thin. We needed a SS. Nix isn't reaching for DBs like Jauron and co. did. But I guess it's just easier to complain about a player because of the position he plays rather than looking at who we have on the roster first and understanding that we could certainly use him.

The point, tho, is that you draft Front 7 to a) stop the run and b) hurry the passer into making poor decisions, which helps your DBs. Not generating pressure means you cede teams 7-8 seconds to throw. And that puts whatever DBs you do have on an island where they need to have near perfect coverage skills for all that time.

I'm sorry, but coverage sacks are few and far between, and when we even got them at more than 1-2-3 per game, it took a Winfield & Clements. And then, when our ****ty Front 7 still wasn't even good enough to get a coverage sack (think, Schoebel lying on the ground reaching for Brady's ankles 3 yards away), the play went too long, and we got toasted.

I don't know how people expect that getting rid of Stroud and plugging in Dareus is going to be some kind of magic bullet.

We've had 3 GMs, 4 HCs (not counting interims) trying the same losing strategy of ignoring the lines with our highest picks combined with an inability to scout them (especially DL) well. The common denominator --- Tom Modrak. I've never been a tar and pitchfork kind of person myself, but I think it's time for him to be shown the door.

:doh:

matthews is still on the board. probably will be til the 5th

Anyone who thinks DB was not a need on this team isn't paying enough attention.

o Whitner - Not great, probably gone.

o McLuvin - :doh:

o Florence - Like him, but may be gone.

o McGee - Getting old, getting hurt.

The thing is after ALL those DB Jauron took, the 2ndary still wasn't built right.

Hence, the ignore feature. Thanks SDS... :thumbsup:

Too bad the ignore feature isn't a 'balckhole' and just makes their posts entirely invisible to you

We've had 3 GMs, 4 HCs (not counting interims) trying the same losing strategy of ignoring the lines with our highest picks combined with an inability to scout them (especially DL) well. The common denominator --- Tom Modrak. I've never been a tar and pitchfork kind of person myself, but I think it's time for him to be shown the door.

like the 3rd pick of the first round?

I like the pick. The Bills could not cover the tight end at all. Third down defense was terrible and Donte will not be back. All opponents had to do was throw to the tight end and we were helpless to stop them. This pick is worth it if he can cover the tight end. The Pats have two very good ones and we play them twice a year.

Edited by Big Curt