Vince Young

major

Cold, Hard, Football Facts.com is making the same argument that many others have been making.

Why not, Vince Young?

I know at this point people are really entrenched in their opinions about Vince Young, pro or con.

What I'd be more interested in hearing is what people think his value is.

While many NFL writers have actually stated that he could be released (because he is still under contract and new HC Munchak said he won't be back with the Titans), I think it's much more likely that he gets traded.

In fact, I think there could be a pretty big market for VY when the lockout is lifted. There are still so many QB needy teams.

http://www.coldhardf...ince_Young.html

Here's our question: why? As in, why would any team needing a quarterback not seek a player with the following resume:

• Former No. 3 overall pick after brilliant college career
  • Career 63.8 winning percentage as an NFL starter
  • Coming off seasons in which he went 12-6 as a starter; the other guys who started for Tennessee went 2-12
  • Competitive, above-average passer rating of 84.9 from 2008-10
  • NFL's second best running quarterback, and still in his athletic prime
  • Two-time Pro Bowler
  • Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2006
Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhat agree. I think we can give up a low pick for either Alex Smith and or Troy Smith and their careers can be resurrected to decent backup status under Chan's tutelage. But only a man of Chan's skillz would be able to pull this off.

Harbaugh gave him a '9 ers playbook. The magic 8 ball: "all signs point to stays with frisco"

Seneca Wallace actually would not be a bad addition

I worry about the mind set of Vince Young

+1 on both

I think that Fitz is the starter you don't want to bring in a QB like Young that will assume the starting role or compete directly with that. Now that's not to say that Levi Brown or Brohm should be the backup. There are a ton of other decent QB's you can get that will know their role as a backup QB.

If you look at what Buddy and Chan have done over the last 2 years, they're bringing in high character guys, presumably to build good team chemistry. Vince Young might give a spark for a year or two, but would undermine the whole culture they're trying to create. If you ask me bringing him here would be penny wise and pound foolish.

I think that Fitz is the starter you don't want to bring in a QB like Young that will assume the starting role or compete directly with that. Now that's not to say that Levi Brown or Brohm should be the backup. There are a ton of other decent QB's you can get that will know their role as a backup QB.

i agree

why would the "Bills want to bring in a QB who has the talent to start ahead of Fitz

makes no sense

that would be a bona fide attempt to improve the team past the less-than-mediocre level

If Fitz goes down with an injury next season, do you want to hang your hat on Bad Bad Levi Brown or Bad Bad Brian Brohm? Seriously, we need to consider signing Vince Young as a backup QB.

Otherwise, let's plan on LUCK next April.

Great. I'm trying to picture old Ralph chasing down Vince when he storms out without his cell phone!

If you look at what Buddy and Chan have done over the last 2 years, they're bringing in high character guys

Like Shawne Merriman, right? I wonder if he's choked anyone lately, or taken any steroids. If that's OK, then leaving without your cellphone is probably OK.

Edited by reddogblitz

I think the idea of not bringing in a QB without a starting mentality is flawed....

I am not going to say it but what happens if the WORST thing happens and we end up NEEDING that backup QB to start a long series of games......

Give me a Seneca Wallace type QB.....who seems to be a very good relief pitcher. I actually think he is pretty talented. And while he strikes me as a "team" guy I dont get the sense that the guy just figures "Im gonna hold a clipboard so Im not gonna prepare"

I would absolutely love to see us pick up Vnce Young and just let Chan Gaily and Da Stache encourage and guide VY. He's not a lost cause friends he's just misguided and one thing that is for sure is this team and our fans can give VY plenty of support. Afterall, we have nothing, absolutely nothing to lose. If this doesn't work then at least we have Fitzy and will be able to draft a decent QB next year. If it does work then, we can waste our 1st round pick on a pressing need such as TE, OT or LB.

I think the idea of not bringing in a QB without a starting mentality is flawed....

I am not going to say it but what happens if the WORST thing happens and we end up NEEDING that backup QB to start a long series of games......

Give me a Seneca Wallace type QB.....who seems to be a very good relief pitcher. I actually think he is pretty talented. And while he strikes me as a "team" guy I dont get the sense that the guy just figures "Im gonna hold a clipboard so Im not gonna prepare"

Mike Ditka used to say that his goal was to only have two types of players at each position: players that you can win a championship with and guys who you think can become championship caliber players. That goes for starters and backups. No point in bringing in a QB who you don't think can be a starter that can lead your team somewhere.