Bills' Draft grade Rounds 1-3

1B4IDie

Because gailey coached shepperd for a whopping total of one game at the senior bowl and liked him. Wilson is less experienced I also think the specter of maybin hangs heavy over their LB pick so they went with the more experienced guy. Even though he's smaller and more than .3 slower in the 40.

Dude get out with the Wilson hype. He's not as accomplished as Sheppard. Period. If the Bills turn into a track and field team then Wilson is a layup. Bills need football players.

And Gailey coached the guy for a full week longer than he coached Wilson. He knows what he's getting. Wilson could turn out to be great. So could Sheppard. Sheppard

has a longer body of work from which to make that claim too.

1 A+

2 C

3 B+

love first pick. Feel have way too many needs on lines and seriously need linebackers to grab a cb at this point. Teams dont even need to throw for anything more than change of pace currently. Also not a big fan of the one they grabbed. Like that they finally got a linebacker for probably the worst group in the NFL.

Watch some games on NFL Network and count the number of spread formation 3 and 4 WR sets teams are running. Then look at the state of the Bills secondary

and tell us again they don't need a DB. They most certainly did and it's obvious. Williams is a big DB, physical and versatile. Could have gone in the late first.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Picks 1-3 = A

Got the best defender in the draft, 1st round CB in the 2nd and 2nd round LB in the 3rd.

Dareus and Sheppard are run stuffer to the extreme and Aaron Williams isnt afraid to make tackles. If he works out at CB the draft goes A+ if he is moved to FS draft moves to a B+.

All 3 players have very little bust potential.

First time in awhile I can rest easy after the draft.

Overall I give our team a solid A. But I'm biased of course. It would have been an A+ if Belyache had a slight coronary and in the midst of it traded away their 2nd and a future 3rd to swap spots with us in the 2nd round.

I give our team an A, more so because they are drafting players who barring injury have proven that they will continually try hard and have been productive every year. That is how you build winning teams and I feel like that we are going to have the talent of the 2004-2009 Chargers sooner than later.

When poeple are giving draft grades you should also be grading them in the context of how they fit on this football team and not just what they did in college or what their records were....I think it is also important to look at WHERE they played and against what competition (and this is relevent....no small school players here)

- First....the underlying theme so far in the the draft is

-- Yes we realize we sucked on defense and we are going to fix that in every way humanly possible

-- Its a big mans game and you know what....we are drafting BIG MEN......All three of these players are huge beasts at their positions.....even the corner is over 6 foot over 200 pounds

-- We are doing all this why still taking best player available

Nix is saying that he isn't going to let the bills be pushed around....he wants to do the pushing.

This draft is absolutely an A......next pick should be OLB Sam Acho

Stop with shepperd hype. He was projected 4th round and you know it. He sure wasn't 2nd round. 4.8 40 linebackers are 4th round not 2nd .... Duh. It's hardly a steal getting him early in 3rd.

ILB 40 time is not that useful, and not as important as football playing ability. I'm not saying he was the right pick (and I have been vocal on rolling the dice for Mallett so was not happy about the pick), but if he was right or wrong has little to do with his 40 time.

Edited by Koufax

Sheppard i thought was a late 3 early 4 we took him early 3 but i love the kid and we coached him at the sr. bowl so we know what we are getting. kid can play and should start day 1 next to poz.

Mike mayock is that you?

This sight gave us a B, C and B.

walter football

I cant see giving us a 'B' in the first round...should be closer to an 'A' based off of Dareus's skill set and our team needs.

Also, every so called 'expert' seems to look for an opportunity to knock Fitz.

Edited by BillsFanInLV

No brainer with Dareus.

Would have liked to seen Ayers, Martez Wilson or Bowers in the 2nd, but as Dick Jauron says, you can never have enough CBs.

Kelvin Sheppard seems like a solid pick and the Bills know him.

Will this be the year the Bills jetison Maybin and McCargo and make room for the next Joique Bell type player?

When poeple are giving draft grades you should also be grading them in the context of how they fit on this football team and not just what they did in college or what their records were....I think it is also important to look at WHERE they played and against what competition (and this is relevent....no small school players here)

- First....the underlying theme so far in the the draft is

-- Yes we realize we sucked on defense and we are going to fix that in every way humanly possible

-- Its a big mans game and you know what....we are drafting BIG MEN......All three of these players are huge beasts at their positions.....even the corner is over 6 foot over 200 pounds

-- We are doing all this why still taking best player available

Nix is saying that he isn't going to let the bills be pushed around....he wants to do the pushing.

This draft is absolutely an A......next pick should be OLB Sam Acho

I agree with Acho.

He can develop behind Merriman and help our pitiful special teams in the meantime.

The lack of depth at LB and TE has hurt our special teams coverage.

Brewer or Ziemba should be the other 4th.

If those are the 2 picks I'd be jumping for joy.

Overall, an A-, I think KS was a scheme pick, I'm sure that buddy and company had him higher on the board than many and its clearly because he fits the "bill" better. He isn't the injury risk that Wilson was, plus he looks for the wrap up tackle and not the blow up highlight. he is good in coverage and unlike Houston, he plays hard every down. There are some good players left, I expect another ILB, TE and a back up QB.

i agree...........we need williams to cover the braylon edwards,andre johnson type receivers in our division.

mckelvin and mcgee are way oversized in that department. this draft was not "sexy" at all, but it was exactly what we

needed. now if we can just get the best right tackle left in the draft, Luke Stocker at TE and another LB we should

be much improved next year.

Picks 1-3 = A

Got the best defender in the draft, 1st round CB in the 2nd and 2nd round LB in the 3rd.

Dareus and Sheppard are run stuffer to the extreme and Aaron Williams isnt afraid to make tackles. If he works out at CB the draft goes A+ if he is moved to FS draft moves to a B+.

All 3 players have very little bust potential.

First time in awhile I can rest easy after the draft.

Defense wins championships.Defense also just got bigger. Good solid picks. The Bills needed to address the worst defense in the league. I agree with giving them an A so far.

Dude get out with the Wilson hype. He's not as accomplished as Sheppard. Period. If the Bills turn into a track and field team then Wilson is a layup. Bills need football players.

And Gailey coached the guy for a full week longer than he coached Wilson. He knows what he's getting. Wilson could turn out to be great. So could Sheppard. Sheppard

has a longer body of work from which to make that claim too.

Watch some games on NFL Network and count the number of spread formation 3 and 4 WR sets teams are running. Then look at the state of the Bills secondary

and tell us again they don't need a DB. They most certainly did and it's obvious. Williams is a big DB, physical and versatile. Could have gone in the late first.

Actually, the scouting reports suggest that he is not very physical for being the size he is. "He's a first round talent but plays weaker than he should and has lapses in his technique." It does seem like the kids coming out of Mack Brown's program lack a certain hunger or something. Hopefully Williams breaks that mold.