Mallet for Round 3 anyone!!

Nasty

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow -

AdamSchefter: One front office executive said last week that Ryan Mallett was the top-rated quarterback on the Patriots draft board.

Yeah, but what do the Patriots know about finding good players late in the .......... hmmm. Nevermind. *sigh*

Something tells me that the Tom Brady/Ryan Mallett transition isn't going to be as seamless as the Brent Favre/Aaron Rogers.

Yes, Ryan Mallett has a GREAT arm...but I don't think he's got the psyche to deal with the pressure of following Tom Brady.

There's a reason why he went where he did, that boy's got some Jeff George and Ryan Leaf in him. Great arm, 2 cent head.

I think we blew it here, and I'm a Fitz guy.

IMO the QBs in this class were way overrated. Lots of teams fell in love with grenades this year.

Fitzpatrick will prove to Bills fans that he's as good as Eli Manning. Which was obviously good enough to win the whole damn thing. That is if our defense and running game comes around finally.

Edited by 1billsfan

Brady will be playing for another 6 years.

Let's hope so. Dude's what, 34 when the season starts?

I don't see Mallet generating first or second round value while riding the bench, when teams simply could have used their own first or second rounder to just take him for themselves.

Edited by Thurmal34

Ryan Mallet will wind up being the top QB in this class.

I think so as well. It's pretty obvious the people comparing him to Leaf and calling him a "statue" don't watch college ball, and probably get 90% of their draft info from mock bloggers (i.e. Walter Football). I was terrified Miami was going to grab him at the end of the 2nd.

This will go down as one of the Bills worst draft blunders. Mallett will emerge in a few years as the best QB or the 2011 draft and be a dominant force for the next decade. Williams and Sheppard (projected as a round-5 pick by NFL Draft Scout) will be busts.

I think hillbillies Nix & Gailey are still giddy on too much moonshine from Dareus falling into their laps in round one.

This will go down as one of the Bills worst draft blunders. Mallett will emerge in a few years as the best QB or the 2011 draft and be a dominant force for the next decade. Williams and Sheppard (projected as a round-5 pick by NFL Draft Scout) will be busts.

I think hillbillies Nix & Gailey are still giddy on too much moonshine from Dareus falling into their laps in round one.

I like the Williams and Sheppard picks. For once we are drafting all our guys from big time conferences that play real football and not over-rated high school football. Nothing wrong with Williams or Sheppard. I probably would have taken Houston instead of Sheppard at that point and maybe tomorrow we can land Casey Mathews tomorrow that would be nice.