Round 3 (Pick #68): LB Kelvin Sheppard - LSU

Beerball

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its exactly what we needed the most, a solid run stuffing, tough inside linebacker who can tackle. Not sure he will be a good or great player but it was the most important thing we needed, IMO. With Dareus, Williams, and Shepard, DE/DT, CB, ILB, we just did what we needed to do. Lets hope they all turn into solid players. I'm on board with this draft. Nothing stupid, needs taken care of, one stud player. They all played at big schools against top competition. All three are leaders. All are physical.

Dont think you can do much better than Sheppard here. Has the size, speed, and intelligence. Im pumped. I never thought he would last till our 3. Greatest draft in years so far.

We could still trade up for M Wilson but teams clearly dont like him - no instincts. I want Herzlich still, prob the 2nd 4th we have. RT and TE too. Nice draft Buddy

Edited by Thoner7

Sorry you didn't like him in the Sugar Bowl, but he was too good a talent to pass on in the third round to me. New England just took him, so I guess we will find out.

I like us getting three straight good defensive guys, and these three players will help this team, but I don't think we got the BPA in round 3 like we did in round 1.

Where on Buddy's board is Mallett? I sure hope Sheppard is a great player, but I would have rolled the dice on a boom or bust in the third round since he could have a year to sit and learn. Whether he is Drew Bledsoe or Ryan Leaf, I think it would have been a smart pick. 3800 yards, 32 touchdowns and a 64% completion rating in the SEC with a rocket arm is worth the roll of the dice to me. Very disappointed here, but will see what happens.

We can get Luck with the # 1 pick next year, and if we win more than 1 or 2 games, we can trade the farm to get there!

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/4/24/2129269/cowboys-draft-prospects-kelvin-sheppard

"...has drawn interest from the Bills, whose coaching staff worked with Sheppard at the Senior Bowl (at which Buffalo head man Chan Gailey praised Sheppard's instincts)"

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Senior-Bowl---LBs-Jones-Sheppard-could-be-answers/8047e9bc-9813-4d16-b85a-70dfef532503

Edited by Lurker

Its exactly what we needed the most, a solid run stuffing, tough inside linebacker who can tackle. Not sure he will be a good or great player but it was the most important thing we needed, IMO. With Dareus, Williams, and Shepard, DE/DT, CB, ILB, we just did what we needed to do. Lets hope they all turn into solid players. I'm on board with this draft. Nothing stupid, needs taken care of, one stud player. They all played at big schools against top competition. All three are leaders. All are physical.

I'm with you there. Hope Tom Brady gets to eat some RWS turf this year and find out we are no longer pee wee football.