All Newton all the time

RichardBag

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't know they gave out the Heisman to guys that sucked?

They must give it out to people that are going to suck look at the winners over the last 10 years and there is 3 starters in the NFL the rest are either out of the NFL or on the way out so the Heisman does not mean anything anymore.

They must give it out to people that are going to suck look at the winners over the last 10 years and there is 3 starters in the NFL the rest are either out of the NFL or on the way out so the Heisman does not mean anything anymore.

The Heisman isnt given to the player "most likely to succeed in the NFL", it's a college award given to the best college player. Sometimes their game translates to the NFL, sometimes it doesn't.

Cute that you look "over the last 10 years" when the winners from 2010 and 2009 arent even IN the NFL yet (Ingram and Newton).

But you're right, the Bills shouldnt take a chance on guys like:

Sam Bradford

Tim Tebow

Reggie Bush

Carson Palmer

Ricky Williams

Charles Woodson

Eddie George

Those are 7 guys from the last 14 years. 50% is pretty good odds when it comes to the crap-shoot of the draft.

I'll give you that QBs can be trickier, but its still 3 out of 7 over those years...

See, anyone with half a brain can twist stats to fit their argument.

Staying away from a guy because he won the award for the best college player sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by DrDankenstein

The Heisman isnt given to the player "most likely to succeed in the NFL", it's a college award given to the best college player. Sometimes their game translates to the NFL, sometimes it doesn't.

Cute that you look "over the last 10 years" when the winners from 2010 and 2009 arent even IN the NFL yet (Ingram and Newton).

But you're right, the Bills shouldnt take a chance on guys like:

Sam Bradford

Tim Tebow

Reggie Bush

Carson Palmer

Ricky Williams

Charles Woodson

Eddie George

Those are 7 guys from the last 14 years. 50% is pretty good odds when it comes to the crap-shoot of the draft.

I'll give you that QBs can be trickier, but its still 3 out of 7 over those years...

See, anyone with half a brain can twist stats to fit their argument.

Staying away from a guy because he won the award for the best college player sounds absolutely ridiculous.

I did not count Newton or Ingram when I made the comment and look at that list you put up there Palmer is not that good Tebow is not the starter Branford is the only QB worth it don't forget to add the other QB's that won

Chris Weinke

Eric Crouch

Jason White

Matt Leinart

Troy Smith

And if you go back to 1980 there is maybe 5 QB that have been drafted and done something in the NFL so getting some little trophy does not mean much the body of work the player has means more and with Newton playing 1 year I don't count him as a lock I think of him as a wonder if he really was that good he should have started over Tebow in FL not have to leave the school for another

Speculation Panthers baiting Bills to move up to 1st overall in the 2011 NFL Draft :o

http://www.profootballweekly.com/

I touched on this awhile back, Buffalo has something no other team can give the Panthers which is only sliding back two spots. Is it likely, probably not , but its possible If Buddy Nix really thinks Cam Newton is the guy. Not for our 2 though, I can't see that happening, our extra 4th,

maybe...

Speculation Panthers baiting Bills to move up to 1st overall in the 2011 NFL Draft :o

http://www.profootballweekly.com/

I touched on this awhile back, Buffalo has something no other team can give the Panthers which is only sliding back two spots. Is it likely, probably not , but its possible If Buddy Nix really thinks Cam Newton is the guy. Not for our 2 though, I can't see that happening, our extra 4th,

maybe...

If we wanted to trade up, it would cost us much more than a 4th. It would have to be our 2nd or a a 3rd plus some choices next year.

If we wanted to trade up, it would cost us much more than a 4th. It would have to be our 2nd or a a 3rd plus some choices next year.

At least a 2 & 3 like you mention, Point Value Chart: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

A trade up is just pie in the sky stuff. Buddy Nix values draft picks like gold and if he does trade it will be down to pick up more picks but I expect him to stay put and draft Miller. The best case scenario for the Bills if they do intend to trade down is if Caroline drafts a QB enticing a team like Minn. or Tenn. to trade with the Bills.

Wow! Some of the Newton haters, your really just embarrassing yourselves when you post. The character and talent assassinations are ridiculous.

What would any NFL team do if they had 3rd pick in a draft and you have no clear QB for the future.

Oh yeah, and hes the best college football player in the draft. Statistics don't lie.

-No brainer, draft Cam Newton

It's funny. Those who didn't like Edwards called him Captain Checkdown because he would have a high completion % because he threw 2 yard passes. Those who didn't like Losman because while he had a cannon, he struggled to complete those same 2 yard passes.

In the best college conference, Newton completed 66% of his passes with an average yard per attempt of 10 yards.

Wow! Some of the Newton haters, your really just embarrassing yourselves when you post. The character and talent assassinations are ridiculous.

What would any NFL team do if they had 3rd pick in a draft and you have no clear QB for the future.

Oh yeah, and hes the best college football player in the draft. Statistics don't lie.

-No brainer, draft Cam Newton

I'd be happy of we drafted newton, or one of many other players. But I must disagree, statistics definitely lie.

Some QB the Titans drafted 3rd overall in 2006. The Raiders then proceeded to draft him 1st overall in 2007. Now he's entering the NFL draft for the third time this April.

Another ignant guy I c