Will Bills' phone be heating up?

The closer this draft gets, the more I think the Bills will be having many offers to trade out of their pick no matter who is left at #3. Does anyone else sense that the Bills will become the first trade spot attempt for teams. What is your price to pass on one of the big three Newton, Dareus or Miller?

My bottom line price is first, the team must be picking in the top 10. Then they should get that teams' 1st of course, their 2nd of this year and next year's 1st.

The reason I think the Bills will have a bounty of offers is not only the perceived "blue chip" three but that the Bengals have no real "Plan B" other than picking Blaine Gabbert. I don't believe the Bengals/Green rumors at all, and if don't believe them then you know NFL teams don't either. So you'll have calls for both Dareus and Gabbert, or both Miller and Gabbert. I won't put Newton's name in because I think the Bills are picking him if he's there, so they don't trade out IMO.

As long as they remain in the top 10, I think I'd set the starting bid at a 2nd round pick. Obviously, you'd try to get more out of them, and I think they probably could, but given that I don't see a huge separation between the talent at pick 3 and at pick 10, I'd strongly consider it even if a 2nd was the only offer I received.

As long as they remain in the top 10, I think I'd set the starting bid at a 2nd round pick. Obviously, you'd try to get more out of them, and I think they probably could, but given that I don't see a huge separation between the talent at pick 3 and at pick 10, I'd strongly consider it even if a 2nd was the only offer I received.

But then that 2nd round pick will forever be judged by you passing on the perceived blue chip player. That's scary. That's why it needs to be much more.

Here's a scenario, what if Newton's gone and the Bills get calls for a team wanting Gabbert ahead of the Bengals? Do they tell the Bengals and then try to get the Bengals 3rd or next year's 2nd to flip firsts? Would they try to bluff them if there are no calls for Gabbert?

The Bills just might be in the best spot of this draft.

The closer this draft gets, the more I think the Bills will be having many offers to trade out of their pick no matter who is left at #3. Does anyone else sense that the Bills will become the first trade spot attempt for teams. What is your price to pass on one of the big three Newton, Dareus or Miller?

My bottom line price is first, the team must be picking in the top 10. Then they should get that teams' 1st of course, their 2nd of this year and next year's 1st.

The reason I think the Bills will have a bounty of offers is not only the perceived "blue chip" three but that the Bengals have no real "Plan B" other than picking Blaine Gabbert. I don't believe the Bengals/Green rumors at all, and if don't believe them then you know NFL teams don't either. So you'll have calls for both Dareus and Gabbert, or both Miller and Gabbert. I won't put Newton's name in because I think the Bills are picking him if he's there, so they don't trade out IMO.

I just don't see a trade down happening; and I think it's the right move. By most accounts, there are really 5 blue-chip prospects in the draft: Cam Newton, Marcel Dareus, Von Miller, AJ Green, and Patrick Peterson. Now, to a man, we may not agree with that evaluation, but overall, those are the prospects that most teams consider the top players in the class.

Citing Nevergiveup, the Bills seem to have a top-tier comprised of 4 players: Newton, Dareus, Miller, and Green. I can't imagine that they'd give up the chance to draft one of them, given how ardent they've been about never wanting to pick this high again and needing to make the most of it this time around, which would mean the furthest they could move down and still draft one of them would be one spot. Again, I don't see that happening.

However, in the interest of answering your question--because I think it's a good one--I'd say that it would have to be at least this year's 1st rounder, next year's 1st rounder, and a 3rd rounder, and even at that I wouldn't move down more than 4 or 5 spots, as I think you need to be in the top 8 to get ensure you get an impact defender like JJ Watt or Cam Jordan.

Just my 1 cent.

Agreed.I don't think any of the "big three" are "can't miss". If we can stay in the top ten, I would take a second rounder.

Agreed.I don't think any of the "big three" are "can't miss". If we can stay in the top ten, I would take a second rounder.

I agree. I would like to see them make multiple trade downs. Try to stay in the top 13-14 picks and get 2 extra 2nd rounders.

If The Bills trade with the Bungals and they Bungals pick AJ Green then we get another 2nd or 3rd round pick. I still think our pick is Miller, but I would be happy with Peterson or Dareus also. I dont want Cam Newton in a Bills uniform I think its a huge mistake. He is Ali Smith, Jamarcus Russell 2.0

Edited by Philhansonfan

Washington wants Gabbert, according to NFL Network this morning, and are willing to move up as far as # 2 to get him. What does this mean for the Bills?

1. It would be a great move imo if the Bills say to the Redskins, "never mind going to #2, because Denver aint pickin Gabbert, but the bengals will, so come to us". We would pick lower yet still get a top DE or DT in the first, plus a lot of extra picks, maybe a #1 next year, which could turn out to be Andrew Luck.

2. We stand pat, and the first two picks are QBs, leaving us with Dareus or Miller.

I would take Door #1.

Best scenario. Bluff cinci into thinking there is a lot of interest from teams for gabbert and trading into spot. Cinci breaks and wants to move into third spot. Swap. Bills gain a third or possibly a second from cinci. Bills still get to pick their guy. Obviously wishful.thinking and cinci needs to have a lot o interest in gabbert too.

I don't think that there is any question about that. If a team like the Redskins want Gabbert, then I think trading the #3 overall pick for the #10 pick, this year's 2nd round pick and next years 1st round pick is a good deal and the Bills should certainly consider that deal. Otherwise stay at #3.

If The Bills trade with the Bungals and they Bungals pick AJ Green then we get another 2nd or 3rd round pick. I still think our pick is Miller, but I would be happy with Peterson or Dareus also. I dont want Cam Newton in a Bills uniform I think its a huge mistake. He is Ali Smith, Jamarcus Russell 2.0

why? because he's black? You could have listed Harrington, Leaf, Schuler, Couch, Losman. Seriously, this type of post is a ridiculous.

Maybe he's the next Steve McNair or Donovan McNabb. Or maybe, he's just Cam Newton who may or may not be a successful NFL QB.

I don't think that there is any question about that. If a team like the Redskins want Gabbert, then I think trading the #3 overall pick for the #10 pick, this year's 2nd round pick and next years 1st round pick is a good deal and the Bills should certainly consider that deal. Otherwise stay at #3.

I fully agree, but this might make too much sense.

why? because he's black? You could have listed Harrington, Leaf, Schuler, Couch, Losman. Seriously, this type of post is a ridiculous.

Maybe he's the next Steve McNair or Donovan McNabb. Or maybe, he's just Cam Newton who may or may not be a successful NFL QB.

So only someone who is black can play the race card ???

Can't someone who is white criticize someone who is black without it being racism ?

I'm not the first or the last guy to say that Cam Newton was a great college QB, But that I think he be another in along line of so so black QB's in the NFL.

Historically Black Qb's haven't faired well in the NFL (The best have been Doug Williams, Donavan McNabb, Steve McNair, Vince Evans) Mike Vick was up and down he is more of a playmaker than a QB, Vince Young clearly has issues, because he isn't the God in Tennessee that he was while at Texas.

Maybe Cam will make it, but according to his own admission he sees himself as an entertainer. NFL teams and fans wants winners !