Update

So because they are 4th or 5th round picks means they would get burned for 16 games?

How did Terrence McGee play his rookie year? What round was he picked in again?

That was just dumb logic!

Yes, the vast majority of 4th or 5th round rookie CBs are ready to start in the NFL. It's a wonder teams even select DBs in the 1st or 2nd round.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should read my post again. I didn't say easy to play I said easiest to fill simply because they are always available. You don't need to be champ Bailey to be a good CB in the NFL. Drayton Florence was a second tier at best free agent corner and played pretty well for the bills last year

Florence was terrible the entire year. He was pretty good in 2009. There is no great rush to re-sign him (even though we will try but not too hard) because he just wasn't consistent or good. He should not be your starter.

Yes, the vast majority of 4th or 5th round rookie CBs are ready to start in the NFL. It's a wonder teams even select DBs in the 1st or 2nd round.

Do you even know what nickel corner means dude? Seriously talking to you is like talking to a rock

Maybe you should read my post again. I didn't say easy to play I said easiest to fill simply because they are always available. You don't need to be champ Bailey to be a good CB in the NFL. Drayton Florence was a second tier at best free agent corner and played pretty well for the bills last year

Florence was the 46th player taken in his draft. Again, given the unique physical requirements for the position, good corners are hard to find. If the Bills feel they've found a good one that had a higher grade than where he was selected, good for them.

There is NO reason to dislike this pick until we've seen the kid play a season or two.

GO BILLS!!!

Do you even know what nickel corner means dude? Seriously talking to you is like talking to a rock

Do you know that playing nickel corner is harder than playing out wide?

Do you know that nickel corners typically play 50% or more of the snaps in today's league?

Do you know what a good nickel corner can mean when we play the Patriots?

You don't find good corners late in drafts very often. You make it sound like you can just line anyone up and he's good to go.

GO BILLS!!!

Is this a good ILB selection? ESPN just jumped right past it, it seemed?

:unsure:

They had him listed as an OLB but I think I read he projects to ILB in the NFL

Edited by Max997

Make sure to check back in for round 4 NGU! RT? Stocker? (goes Gailey like TEs? I get the feeling he doesnt - what a shame, one of my favorite positions in the game)

Love teh Shappard addition. A bit surprised it was him over Wilson but didnt think either would last. Really like Sheppard, Gailey must have been impressed with him.

Unless the player signs a waiver..NO ONE can discuss his medical without the threat of breaking the law.

This is completely incorrect. So, if I peaked at Bowers medical chart and tell my neighbor what I saw, I'm breaking a law?

No. Hippa only applies to the healthcare providers (anyone who works at patient's doctors office), billing, and insurance companies.

Never Give Up you are good and reliable as always. Do you think that the Bills will be very active in free agency (Or at least try to be) on the offensive side of the ball? Their first three picks were defensive (As it should have been) BUT they still need Tackle and Tightend help. Not to mention that the defense could use some depth especially at LB.

NGU:

Thank you, as always, for the information you provide to this board. I know you must ride a very fine line between providing us with information and not compromising your sources. We all appreciate it very much.

That being said, do you have any information or ideas pertaining to the Bills pursuing a FA QB, or any other FA targets?

Dr. FF

Thank you NGU, it is very much appreciated.

Not only is it very cool for you to do this, but I continue to be impressed by your tact when posters are trying to argue their point of view.

I look forward to hearing more from you whenever it is convenient and does not interfere in any way with your making a living.

NGU:

Thank you, as always, for the information you provide to this board. I know you must ride a very fine line between providing us with information and not compromising your sources. We all appreciate it very much.

That being said, do you have any information or ideas pertaining to the Bills pursuing a FA QB, or any other FA targets?

Dr. FF