Potential Trade with the Pats?

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3094379

"However, if the Broncos pass on Marcell, it's rumored that the New England Patriots will use their two first-round picks, numbers 17 and 28, to trade up for the Bills' No. 3 selection in order to take Marcell.The rumor mill has Patriot resident genius Bill Belicek believing that Marcell is the next Richard Seymour, the former New England star nose guard, who is now with the Oakland Raiders."

I say No! DO NOT DEAL WITH THE DEVIL!

Edited by EldaBillsFan

"However, if the Broncos pass on Marcell, it's rumored that the New England Patriots will use their two first-round picks, numbers 17 and 28, to trade up for the Bills' No. 3 selection in order to take Marcell.The rumor mill has Patriot resident genius Bill Belicek believing that Marcell is the next Richard Seymour, the former New England star nose guard, who is now with the Oakland Raiders."

+1 NEVER DEAL WITH THE PATS (DEVIL)!!!

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to keep Seymour?

Uh... I don't think Seymour ever played nose tackle with the Pats. he was a def. end in the 3-4.

I would have mixed feelings trading with the Pats. We could certainly use the extra pick but I wouldn't wanna give N.E. another great player.

Denver will probably take him anyway.

http://www.brantford....aspx?e=3094379

This article was written by a news reporter in a small Ontario city (actually Wayne Gretzky's hometown) and the views are the opinions of the writer's friend…a guy who played Canadian college football and who coaches Canadian high school football.

In the article, Belichick is misspelled, Marcell Dareus is referred to as Dareus Marcell numerous times, and the writer mis-states the speculated trade between the Bills and Cheatriots. Also, the writer states as fact that Gabbert is rated more highly than Newton (which is an opinion, not a fact)

Most everything in the article is just the musings of two guys who may or may not know as much as the average poster on this board.

all those past Pats/Bills trades have worked out so well...

True...And it should also be mentioned that by the Value Chart it would take #17, #28, AND #33 for NE to get up to #3 Overall...#17 and #28 is no where near enough...

But for this Team #17, #28, #33 and #34 would look awful nice...Can you imagine hitting on all 4 Picks...What a boost that would be to this Roster...NE would be insane to give the Bills that kind of opportunity...For example...The Bills could go ahead and take Locker or Mallett at #17 to secure a QB...Then grab the TE Rudolph at #28, Gabe Carimi at #33, and another Front 7 Defender at #34...They could get 3 starters and a QB of the future by #34 Overall...That would be incredible! Or if you want to go Defense heavy they could grab a guy like JJ Watt at #17, secure a QB at #28, then grab a couple LB's at 33 and 34...I would take that deal in a heartbeat... B-)

from MMQB:

According to the chart, the third overall pick is worth 2,200 points. The value of the Pats' three top picks: 17 (950), 28 (660), 33 (580). Total value of the three picks: 2,190.

and this. same article:

Now, the chart is not gospel. Teams don't have to use it. But it just shows you how valuable the third overall pick is, and it's highly unlikely the Bills would take much of a discount, if any, for dealing that choice, particularly if it meant giving a division rival a franchise player for the next 10 years.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/04/24/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1Ke2a3iBS

so, if thats the offer, and maybe even thrown in a 10 point pick, id do it.

YES !!!....the #3 for new englands #17, #27 & #33.....YES !!!!..

CONTRACTS:(last year)

#3- 5yr/$63mil

#17- 5yr/$18mil

#27- 5yr/$13mil

#33- 4yr/$6mil

you'd still have $26mil for another Free Agent.

#17- Ryan Mallet QB

#27- Gabe Carimi OT

#33- Kyle Rudolph TE

#34- Marvin Austin DT

or

#17- Cameron Jordan DE

#27- Marvin Austin DT

#33- Akeem Ayers LB

#34- Martez Wilson LB

Edited by papazoid

NO WAY!!! If NE wanted to trade for MD, that's all the reason to keep him. They stockpile picks and now you want to trade a few, huh? Get the hell out of here! They wouldn't get MD in this lifetime. I look at all the picks we would get, but it would be like helping them. And when was the last time we beat them?

HELL NO! Play wit the devil and get burnt to a crisp!! Ill pass.

However, that doesn't mean I wouldn't trade with someone else. Jmo

Edited by qdawg in philly

YES !!!....the #3 for new englands #17, #27 & #33.....YES !!!!..

CONTRACTS:(last year)

#3- 5yr/$63mil

#17- 5yr/$18mil

#27- 5yr/$13mil

#33- 4yr/$6mil

you'd still have $26mil for another Free Agent.

#17- Ryan Mallet QB

#27- Gabe Carimi OT

#33- Kyle Rudolph TE

#34- Marvin Austin DT

or

#17- Cameron Jordan DE

#27- Marvin Austin DT

#33- Akeem Ayers LB

#34- Martez Wilson LB

An instant infusion of talent, middle of the road talent past Mallett.

Ummm...why would the Bills pass on Dareus just to give him to the Pats? Then again, we're talking about the Bills here.

Because we have a ton of holes and 3 picks in the top 33 would go a long way in filling those hole. .... Unless they draft 3 bums, which isn't out of the question. It's a crap shoot. One player that's more than likely gonna be a top player at his position or 3 guys that could be good, or could all flop. Roll the dice and pray.

It's Hogwash and wishful thinking.

If the Pats didn't trade up last year for Suh, and they had plenty to trade, they why go for Dareus this year? It makes no sense if you go under the assumption that Dareus is only 70% of what Suh offers according to experts.

How do you know they didn't try? Not sure why anyone would trade away Suh.