This Morning on Sirius NFL Radio

Nanker

A Cheatriot* fan called in and asked if King thought that Billicheat would trade up to get Von Miller if he was available at #3.

This peaked my interest.

King went to the value chart and said that basically, The Cheatriots* would have to give up both their number one picks and their # 2 pick this year to create equal value for the #3 pick.

He went on to say that he did not think that BB would pull the trigger on such a deal as it runs counter to his philosophy that one single player is not that important.

However, that got me thinking - and Astrobot I hope you run a mock on this possibility:

"The Buffalo Bills trade the #3 pick in the 2011 NFL Draft to New England for New England's first round picks: #17 and #27, and New England's pick at #33 in the second round," says Commissioner Goodell.

What say ye? Peter King said he would write about it in his article tomorrow.

For the record, I don't like King. I think he stinks as a singer and his analysis is skewed like the skirts of a high school cheerleader in a high wind.

But, I am interested in hearing more on this possibility.

Would you do this trade if you were Buddy Nix?

I'd be tempted. Even with the thought of facing Miller (or Peterson or Jones) for the next 10 + years.

I 'd thought of posting this as well because I heard Peter King talk about it too. I think I'd do that deal with the devil. We would have the chance to gain five good, young players in the draft. Peter mentioned that the Pats* would have to give up 17, 27 and 33 because those three have a draft 'value' (points allocated to each position in the draft) to equal the #3 overall.

Miller would probably become the sack champion for the Pats & we would have to watch him crush us for the next 10 years, so I'd pass. I'd then call Dallas & see if they want to give up Jerry Jones's soul, that would be food for thought.

P.S. You play with the devil, you get burned.

I'd do it and not look back. We have so many needs and those picks could accelerate our rebuilding. It's not like we are gonna be competing for the AFC crown in the next couple of years. And it usually takes us 4 top picks to get one right! <_<

Edited by K-No

If they threw in all 3 it wouldn't even take longer than 2 seconds to make that deal.

I don't care about Miller sacking whoever our QB is for the next 10 years. The da t about the Patriots is that Brady is getting old and will not be playing in the next 3-5 years. And if he does it won't be at the same level he is now. The cheaters will not be such a powerhouse when that happens no matter who their OLB is.

The way I look at it the minimum needed to become adequate is

1 DL player

1 OLB

1 RT starter

1 swing guy on the OL which allows us to plug in a player when someone gets hurt or nicked

1 Back-up QB who might eventually challenge Fitzy for the job

I would also make this trade which would never be offered in a hot half second as it gives us the POTENTIAL to fill many of our needs in one year rather than two.

A Cheatriot* fan called in and asked if King thought that Billicheat would trade up to get Von Miller if he was available at #3.

This peaked my interest.

King went to the value chart and said that basically, The Cheatriots* would have to give up both their number one picks and their # 2 pick this year to create equal value for the #3 pick.

He went on to say that he did not think that BB would pull the trigger on such a deal as it runs counter to his philosophy that one single player is not that important.

However, that got me thinking - and Astrobot I hope you run a mock on this possibility:

"The Buffalo Bills trade the #3 pick in the 2011 NFL Draft to New England for New England's first round picks: #17 and #27, and New England's pick at #33 in the second round," says Commissioner Goodell.

What say ye? Peter King said he would write about it in his article tomorrow.

For the record, I don't like King. I think he stinks as a singer and his analysis is skewed like the skirts of a high school cheerleader in a high wind.

But, I am interested in hearing more on this possibility.

Would you do this trade if you were Buddy Nix?

I'd be tempted. Even with the thought of facing Miller (or Peterson or Jones) for the next 10 + years.

If I were Nix I would make that trade all day and twice on Sunday. You could get Cameron Jordan/JJ Watt, Gabe Carimi/Derek Sherrod, Akeem Ayers/Justin Houston and a QB.

No brainer. And still have 3rd rounder to get an ILB. Can't beat that with a bat.

If I were Nix I would make that trade all day and twice on Sunday. You could get Cameron Jordan/JJ Watt, Gabe Carimi/Derek Sherrod, Akeem Ayers/Justin Houston and a QB.

No brainer. And still have 3rd rounder to get an ILB. Can't beat that with a bat.

Fat chance jordan or watt will be there at 17.

I'd make the trade for sure. Depending who's on the board, I just may draft 2 OTs and Mallet, then a DL/LB. That could do wonders for the future of this team. I'm not a huge fan of Mallet, but I think he could be a star if given some good protection. As much as id like to improve the d, getting 2 bookends and a possible franchise qb would mean more for this team. Then draft all D this year and next, minus a TE and maybe a WR.

So in this scenario, the Bills would then have #17, #27, #33, and #34.

Four of the top 34 players…in fact, 4 players within an 18 pick span, but none before #17.

Interesting.

I do that deal yesterday. The bills need as many talented bodies as they can get at this point. no one player will turn this team into a 8 win team.