A guide to watching the Sabres...

dayman

Contrary to popular belief not every Bills fan follows the Sabres closely. I want to jump on the Sabres bandwagon for the playoffs. BUT...I'm lazy and I don't know anything about them (I know VERY little about he current team...). If anyone (or multiple people) would care to put together a little "how to" guide for watching the Sabres this playoff I would appreciate. This could include anything of players to watch, trends, expectations...anything. You do the math. Also, I really know nothing about the other teams or the playoff landscape in general so that would be appreciated as well (although Sabres first and foremost obviously).

Thanks to all willing to educate me. I'm sure there are a few others in my shoes.

Edited by dayman

Fist and most important lesson from a fellow band wagoneer...spell Sabres correctly...its easier to get on board that way :oops:

Contrary to popular belief not every Bills fan follows the Sabers closely. I want to jump on the Sabers bandwagon for the playoffs. BUT...I'm lazy and I don't know anything about them (I know VERY little about he current team...). If anyone (or multiple people) would care to put together a little "how to" guide for watching the Sabers this playoff I would appreciate. This could include anything of players to watch, trends, expectations...anything. You do the math. Also, I really know nothing about the other teams or the playoff landscape in general so that would be appreciated as well (although Sabers first and foremost obviously).

Thanks to all willing to educate me. I'm sure there are a few others in my shoes.

LMFAO. That is ****ing classic. I've had a few beers I will admit. And I have spelled Sabres correctly in the past, though I've probably spelled it wrong a million times too. I cannot edit the title and I definitely salute for calling me out AND quoting me to make sure it's on record I did that the entire post! Seriously, I can laugh about it so bring it on board...BUT...I would like to hop on the SABRES bandwagon so I would appreciate some guidance as well. LOL. Hey man...you have to admit when something is hilarious.

Edited by dayman

just bustin' on you! glad you have a sense of humor about it! :beer:

LMFAO. That is ****ing classic. I've had a few beers I will admit. And I have spelled Sabres correctly in the past, though I've probably spelled it wrong a million times too. I cannot edit the title and I definitely salute for calling me out AND quoting me to make sure it's on record I did that the entire post! Seriously, I can laugh about it so bring it on board...BUT...I would like to hop on the SABRES bandwagon so I would appreciate some guidance as well. LOL. Hey man...you have to admit when something is hilarious.

For those with DTV (and outside of Buffalo) do you know which channel the game will be on? I know sometimes for me the Center Ice feed is blacked out and I have to watch on the MSG-NYa feed. Any idea about tonight? I won't be home tonight for the start of the game and want to make sure I set the DVR correctly.

Players to watch:

#26 Vanek

#21 Stafford

and the current fan favorite, #42 5'5" of fury, Nathan Gerbe

You'll also notice our HUGE defenseman #57, 6'8" (off of skates) Tyler Myers. The kid JUST turned 21 and is an awesome stick-handler, especially for his size.

That's a very brief breakdown, but should get you started! :thumbsup:

Contrary to popular belief not every Bills fan follows the Sabres closely. I want to jump on the Sabres bandwagon for the playoffs. BUT...I'm lazy and I don't know anything about them (I know VERY little about he current team...). If anyone (or multiple people) would care to put together a little "how to" guide for watching the Sabres this playoff I would appreciate. This could include anything of players to watch, trends, expectations...anything. You do the math. Also, I really know nothing about the other teams or the playoff landscape in general so that would be appreciated as well (although Sabres first and foremost obviously).

Just grow a playoff beard, that's all you really need to fit in...

Players to watch:

#26 Vanek

#21 Stafford

and the current fan favorite, #42 5'5" of fury, Nathan Gerbe

You'll also notice our HUGE defenseman #57, 6'8" (off of skates) Tyler Myers. The kid JUST turned 21 and is an awesome stick-handler, especially for his size.

That's a very brief breakdown, but should get you started! :thumbsup:

I will also add #63 Tyler Ennis (speedy as all hell) and #8 Cody McCormick. He may not be the most skilled player on the ice, but if you watch him closely he works his ass off every second of every game.

I will also add #63 Tyler Ennis (speedy as all hell) and #8 Cody McCormick. He may not be the most skilled player on the ice, but if you watch him closely he works his ass off every second of every game.

Agreed! Especially on T.ennis, another smaller, speedy guy who is always going hard to the net.

Answers? Anyone?

It'll prolly be balcked out here because of Comcast's battle with Directv.

I hate Philadelphia. :P

Showing on DTV 770, 771. Both HD. But also showing on Versus 604.

For those with DTV (and outside of Buffalo) do you know which channel the game will be on? I know sometimes for me the Center Ice feed is blacked out and I have to watch on the MSG-NYa feed. Any idea about tonight? I won't be home tonight for the start of the game and want to make sure I set the DVR correctly.

VS is carrying 4 games i think. Check wgr55.com they have a tv schedule

I'm out of state and have the Center Ice package. The game tonight is on Directv ch. 771. For the HD version it's ch. 771-1

Fist and most important lesson from a fellow band wagoneer...spell Sabres correctly...its easier to get on board that way :oops:

Couple of things here.

One, never trust Pooj when it comes to hockey. he was freakin rooting for those tools known as the Flyers last year..no Sabre fan could Ever, and i do mean EVER, root for that squad..even if he lives there :censored::nana::w00t:

Now, the sabres.. three keys for them

1) Miller

2) Can our d handle the Phill forecheck

3 Miller