May 21, 2011

You guys have me all wrong. For the longest time I've been preparing for December 21, 2012, but now Jesus goes and pulls this crap? Humanity has just lost 19 freaking months and of course all you guys want to do is crack jokes.

We'll see who's laughing on May 22nd. :angry:

You know when you can stop laughing, right?

Yes, when... bump, bump, bump down the funny stairs. That's when.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't beheading infidels. Raping or stoning chics for looking at guys the wrong way. Randomly raiding camps and slaughtering ten or twenty totally innocent people .For these reasons I don't care what wacky apocalyptic deal they come up with.

Edited by Dante

They aren't beheading infidels. Raping or stoning chics for looking at guys the wrong way. Randomly raiding camps and slaughtering ten or twenty totally innocent people .For these reasons I don't care what wacky apocalyptic deal they come up with.

So you're justifying the belief in one crazy idea via the chaos resulting from the belief in another crazy idea.

So you're justifying the belief in one crazy idea via the chaos resulting from the belief in another crazy idea.

Do you actually think this is going to cause mass hysteria and chaos? How many people actually take this seriously. Pretty much just more fodder for news and gives us some amusement as we laugh at them.

Do you actually think this is going to cause mass hysteria and chaos? How many people actually take this seriously. Pretty much just more fodder for news and gives us some amusement as we laugh at them.

I wasn't really trying to make a point. This thread was relatively light-hearted until you had to go bringing the evil Muslims into it. That made me think about how very similar and full of crap all of these belief systems are. Some result in violent action and some simply result in gullible fools loosing their money, but they're really all the same at the root - ridiculous beliefs based on untestable claims. Well, actually the apocalypse thing is at least testable. Until it doesn't come true and they move the date again.

• 3 weeks later...

As an update for all true believers and godless heathens alike, a detailed description of exactly what is to come in just over three weeks from now...

What will take place on May 21?

On May 21, 2011 two events will occur. These events could not be more opposite in nature, the one more wonderful than can be imagined; the other more horrific than can be imagined.

A great earthquake will occur the Bible describes it as "such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great." This earthquake will be so powerful it will throw open all graves. The remains of the all the believers who have ever lived will be instantly transformed into glorified spiritual bodies to be forever with God.

On the other hand the bodies of all unsaved people will be thrown out upon the ground to be shamed.

The inhabitants who survive this terrible earthquake will exist in a world of horror and chaos beyond description. Each day people will die until October 21, 2011 when God will completely destroy this earth and its surviving inhabitants.

http://www.familyradio.com/facts/

As an update for all true believers and godless heathens alike, a detailed description of exactly what is to come in just over three weeks from now...

http://www.familyradio.com/facts/

What if the people "left behind" become believers after May 21 and before October 21?

Or did they find Revelation 22:22 written in invisible ink that read, "SORRY, NO RAINCHECKS!"

So I saw some retard from the local Catholic radio station driving around in circles, rotating between several parking lots near my home this weekend. He was driving a pickup truck and towing a large trailer with billboards attached stating that Judgement Day is coming soon - on May 21, 2011 to be exact. Repent this, save your soul that...you know the drill. I thought to myself: Self, that's a pretty ballsy prediction at least, but why the arbitrary date? At least he has the courtesy to not make us wait around for a long time to see the prediction come true. Personally, I'm looking forward to meeting Jesus so I can ask him his view on all the atrocities committed in both he and his father's name. Plus, I'm pretty sure we share several defining political and social views. So after doing some quick searching on the interwebs, it turns out that that this whack-job is NOT actually using some arbitrary date. In an event that can surely be seen as nothing short of a miracle, it appears that self-proclaimed Biblical Scholar Harold Camping has gleaned vital information which has eluded other Biblical Scholars (including himself) for nearly 2,000 years: the world will end on May 21, 2011.

Just curious:

Are you also looking forward to meeting Marx and Lenin and asking them the same question, since more atrocities have been committed in their name than in Jesus'

-or-

do you think that that since they both predicated their message on violence, theft, corruption, and tyranny, neither of those scumbags would care or be surprised?

Just curious:

Are you also looking forward to meeting Marx and Lenin and asking them the same question, since more atrocities have been committed in their name than in Jesus'

-or-

do you think that that since they both predicated their message on violence, theft, corruption, and tyranny, neither of those scumbags would care or be surprised?

Those guys aren't coming back from the dead to judge everyone. Duh.

Now go away and stop trying to kill my thread you thread killing jerk.

Those guys aren't coming back from the dead to judge everyone. Duh.

Now go away and stop trying to kill my thread you thread killing jerk.

I will give you credit for the attempt at a meme = me = threadkiller.

I will not give you credit for your lamedick argument.

After all: Marx and Lenin specifically predicated their work on the fact that there would never be a need for them to come back, since their thinking was already "perfect".:lol:

History, common sense, and reason have proven otherwise.

History, common sense, and reason have also proven that you refuse to accept it when your flimsy boat made of assertion hits against my rocks made of facts. But we never know, do we? Perhaps this time you will give a rational explanation as to why you are giving Jesus a hard time whilst leaving Lenin/Marx out.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

• 3 weeks later...

NYT: Rapture Prophecy Tests Families Split on Belief

Thousands of people around the country have spent the last few days taking to the streets and saying final goodbyes before Saturday, Judgment Day, when they expect to be absorbed into heaven in a process known as the rapture. Nonbelievers, they hold, will be left behind to perish along with the world over the next five months.

The Douglas siblings live near each other in Brooklyn, and Mr. Douglas said he could not wait until Sunday — “I’m going to show up at her house so we can have that conversation that’s been years in coming.”

On the other hand, tomorrow might be just the excuse you need to get rid of somebody. You can be all like, "Damn, I didn't know s/he was that religious!"

Let's not pretend for a second, though, that these people won't latch on to some other date and keep the merry-go-round going. Really sad to see the main family profiled in this story. No savings, let their house go unrepaired....

What was the big problem with involuntary commitment? It kept these !@#$ people off the streets.

NYT: Rapture Prophecy Tests Families Split on Belief

On the other hand, tomorrow might be just the excuse you need to get rid of somebody. You can be all like, "Damn, I didn't know s/he was that religious!"

Let's not pretend for a second, though, that these people won't latch on to some other date and keep the merry-go-round going. Really sad to see the main family profiled in this story. No savings, let their house go unrepaired....

What was the big problem with involuntary commitment? It kept these !@#$ people off the streets.

A couple of observations/questions:

1. Although this thread is dumb, I hadn't realized that Gene has yet another fake hairdo hiding his baldness. This one is the worst yet as he evidently thinks gray will make it more believable. At least I learned something.

Next, If everything goes to stojan tomorrow, I wonder if the people surviving will start straightening up because they realize they only have 5 months to change their image. My guess is that Gene will not challenge Jesus as he claims, but ask him if he can mow his lawn or wash his car....you already asked this in a general way but I thought I'd get specific.

3. Will Ricky Gervais be available for interviews and will there be a pay per view apology from that guy that talks like a robot?

Lastly, GvG has given no indication that this is in fact true but the big man does not tell me everything.

Edited by ieatcrayonz