May 21, 2011

So I saw some retard from the local Catholic radio station driving around in circles, rotating between several parking lots near my home this weekend. He was driving a pickup truck and towing a large trailer with billboards attached stating that Judgement Day is coming soon - on May 21, 2011 to be exact. Repent this, save your soul that...you know the drill. I thought to myself: Self, that's a pretty ballsy prediction at least, but why the arbitrary date? At least he has the courtesy to not make us wait around for a long time to see the prediction come true. Personally, I'm looking forward to meeting Jesus so I can ask him his view on all the atrocities committed in both he and his father's name. Plus, I'm pretty sure we share several defining political and social views. So after doing some quick searching on the interwebs, it turns out that that this whack-job is NOT actually using some arbitrary date. In an event that can surely be seen as nothing short of a miracle, it appears that self-proclaimed Biblical Scholar Harold Camping has gleaned vital information which has eluded other Biblical Scholars (including himself) for nearly 2,000 years: the world will end on May 21, 2011.

Camping, 88, has scrutinized the Bible for almost 70 years and says he has developed a mathematical system to interpret prophecies hidden within the Good Book. One night a few years ago, Camping, a civil engineer by trade, crunched the numbers and was stunned at what he'd found: The world will end May 21, 2011.

This is not the first time Camping has made a bold prediction about Judgment Day.

On Sept. 6, 1994, dozens of Camping's believers gathered inside Alameda's Veterans Memorial Building to await the return of Christ, an event Camping had promised for two years. Followers dressed children in their Sunday best and held Bibles open-faced toward heaven.

But the world did not end. Camping allowed that he may have made a mathematical error. He spent the next decade running new calculations, as well as overseeing a media company that has grown significantly in size and reach.

"We are now translated into 48 languages and have been transmitting into China on an AM station without getting jammed once," Camping said. "How can that happen without God's mercy?"

http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-01-01/bay-area/17466332_1_east-bay-bay-area-first-time-camping

Scary stuff to be sure - but only if you're a sinner! What does this have to do with Politics, Polls or Pundits you might ask? Well, nothing. I just feel that this information is just too valuable to keep to myself any longer. I'm letting as many people know any way I can because I'm pretty damned sure Harold is right (this time).

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I saw some retard from the local Catholic radio station driving around in circles, rotating between several parking lots near my home this weekend. He was driving a pickup truck and towing a large trailer with billboards attached stating that Judgement Day is coming soon - on May 21, 2011 to be exact. Repent this, save your soul that...you know the drill. I thought to myself: Self, that's a pretty ballsy prediction at least, but why the arbitrary date? At least he has the courtesy to not make us wait around for a long time to see the prediction come true. Personally, I'm looking forward to meeting Jesus so I can ask him his view on all the atrocities committed in both he and his father's name. Plus, I'm pretty sure we share several defining political and social views. So after doing some quick searching on the interwebs, it turns out that that this whack-job is NOT actually using some arbitrary date. In an event that can surely be seen as nothing short of a miracle, it appears that self-proclaimed Biblical Scholar Harold Camping has gleaned vital information which has eluded other Biblical Scholars (including himself) for nearly 2,000 years: the world will end on May 21, 2011.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-01-01/bay-area/17466332_1_east-bay-bay-area-first-time-camping

Scary stuff to be sure - but only if you're a sinner! What does this have to do with Politics, Polls or Pundits you might ask? Well, nothing. I just feel that this information is just too valuable to keep to myself any longer. I'm letting as many people know any way I can because I'm pretty damned sure Harold is right (this time).

You should check in with Ricky Gervais before posting stuff like this. He is the authority after all.

You guys have me all wrong. For the longest time I've been preparing for December 21, 2012, but now Jesus goes and pulls this crap? Humanity has just lost 19 freaking months and of course all you guys want to do is crack jokes.

We'll see who's laughing on May 22nd. :angry:

Do you really want to have a messy garage when the messiah comes?

Hmmm....yeah, better safe than sorry. His robes would certainly get dirty if he walked through it right now.

You guys have me all wrong. For the longest time I've been preparing for December 21, 2012, but now Jesus goes and pulls this crap? Humanity has just lost 19 freaking months and of course all you guys want to do is crack jokes.

Apparently no one.

I'll just be pissed if this is the year the Sabres finally make a deep playoff run.

well actually only the good Christians get raptured up on May 21 2011, everyone else dies in some sort of misery between then and Oct 21 2011 when the whole world is destroyed- so you might only lose 14 freaking months.

Aww, dammit! I just dropped $80 on a Leonard Nimoy lecture on the 23rd! :wallbash:

Serves you right NERD!!!

well actually only the good Christians get raptured up on May 21 2011, everyone else dies in some sort of misery between then and Oct 21 2011 when the whole world is destroyed- so you might only lose 14 freaking months.

I've got no time to debate numbers with you. I need to get my soul and bunker in order.

One last chance to wear your prosthetic Vulcan ears...shot to hell.

Actually, I wanted to go up to him and say "You look familiar...wait, you're the psychiatrist from Invasion of the Body Snatchers!"

'Cause I bet he never gets that...

They say you never want to meet your heroes. Just sayin.

They say you never want to meet your heroes. Just sayin.

Good thing there's just about zero chance of that happening then? :)

My wife and I were walking in the city yesterday and we saw a billboard announcing the world will end on May 21st. It said THE BIBLE GUARANTEES IT!. She asked if it doesn't happen do we get our money back? :lol:

"Camping allowed that he may have made a mathematical error. He spent the next decade running new calculations..."

"Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda yadda LEONARD BERNSTEIN!"

Scared me there for a second. The first part of your response made me fear that your account had been hacked by pbills or Dave_In_Norfolk