Chris Simms or Jevan Snead?

major

With all this QB talk, maybe we need to sign Jevan Snead or Chris Simms to be our backup. Simms is a backup on the Titans that they keep signing and releasing and I'm not sure where Snead is these days. Why not?

yea Snead was never any good ever, so Simms I guess?

One guy I always really liked was Jarrett Brown. He had everything you look for physically, but only had one yr of starting experience behind Pat White. He went undrafted and has hopped around a couple of teams practice squads so he mus not have it mentally. I would love to see what Chan can do with him ( hes a pretty mobile dude). He wouldnt be any worse than Levi Brown.

Snead plummeted in the draft, was cut real early (did he make it to camp? I know he was gone by the first cut date) and to my knowledge has gotten nothing more than 1-2 workouts since. There's more to the story (maybe some sort of drug issue ala Erik ainge?)-- he just fell too far too fast to just be a purely football issue... Both his play on the field and the total lack of a second chance point to something being wrong on a personal level.

Depending on what the contract between players and owners does to the existing free agency, I'd like the Bills to look at Tyler Thigpen as a possible back up to Fitz. He and Chan were a good combination in K.C and I don't think he's cost much in way of compensation (7th round pick?)if free agency stayed the same and the Dolphins don't match the Bills offer to him.

Snead plummeted in the draft, was cut real early (did he make it to camp? I know he was gone by the first cut date) and to my knowledge has gotten nothing more than 1-2 workouts since. There's more to the story (maybe some sort of drug issue ala Erik ainge?)-- he just fell too far too fast to just be a purely football issue... Both his play on the field and the total lack of a second chance point to something being wrong on a personal level.

I think the story is that Snead listen to all of the "draft experts" and started believing his own hype. Against the recommendation of the Ole Miss coaching staff he threw his hat into the NFL Draft after his Junior season. People like McShay were saying he was a 1st Round talent, but would probably go in the 2nd Round. ESPN even did one of their "Sports Science" subprograms with him. Truth is, he wasn't ready or as talented as they were making him out to be.

With all this QB talk, maybe we need to sign Jevan Snead or Chris Simms to be our backup. Simms is a backup on the Titans that they keep signing and releasing and I'm not sure where Snead is these days. Why not?

I'm guessing Fitz's Back-up will be named Newton, Gabbert, or Ponder... B-)

I think the story is that Snead listen to all of the "draft experts" and started believing his own hype. Against the recommendation of the Ole Miss coaching staff he threw his hat into the NFL Draft after his Junior season. People like McShay were saying he was a 1st Round talent, but would probably go in the 2nd Round. ESPN even did one of their "Sports Science" subprograms with him. Truth is, he wasn't ready or as talented as they were making him out to be.

It just strikes me as odd that a kid with a big arm and prototypical size, coming out of the SEC struggled so mightily to even get a chance. I know his junior year was a let down with accuracy and decision making issues, but he was undrafted, and cut in July- didn't get a shot anywhere else, and when signed by an arena team, was cut before the season started. Even the fact that despite the fact he had a letdown year, and was projected midrounds- he still chose to come out? Something just isn't right behind the scenes.

With a big body, and a big arm something must be big time wrong in the head for him to get so many doors slammed in his face,

Edited by NoSaint

I'll guess it will be Fitz, Locker (pick #34), Levi Brown and Minnesota's Adam Weber (7th rounder):

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Minnesota-QB-Adam-Weber-drawing-interest.html

A high school teammate of Weber's hailed his toughness, heart, drive, and smarts. Another said he was most comfortable in a pro-style offense, but that he had so many different OC and playbooks, his play suffered.

Edited by Astrobot