Who was the guy with all the inside info last year?

If the Bills' front office picks Von Miller instead Marcell Dareus they should all be fired.

Agreed. Dareus makes the most sense for the Bills. A huge need and a huge talent. Unfortunately, for the Bills they select #3, so there is a good chance Dareus will be off the board. If that's the case, it sounds like Miller will be in the running according to NGU. I just hope we luck out, and the Broncos go in another direction. The fact that the Broncos switched to the 4-3 under Fox should actually slighty increase the chance of Dareus being there. You would have to think that Bowers will be right in the mix with Dareus for the #2 pick. Hopefully good ol' John Elway likes him some DaQuan.

Edited by Estro

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize 1999 was the last time Derrick Thomas stepped on the football field and that players are bigger and stronger than they were back then. I don't think a player like Miller makes the Bills defense better. I think the Bills defense will make a player like Miller a non-entity. You have to build your defense with big physical linemen and then fill in the other players. Without those big linemen everyone just gets pushed around and we have another debacle like last year. I hope Nix gets this.

Thomas was going up against guys like Walter Jones, Willie Roaf, and Jonathan Ogden, who were not small All of them were at least 6'5" and weighed at least 320 pounds.

They all played when Thomas was in the league. How exactly were they smaller and less physical? Roaf was recently nominated for the Hall of Fame in the same class that Derrick Thomas was in, and Ogden and Jones are shoe ins for the Hall of Fame.

I think you're trying to make excuses for Miller, which just are unfounded. He is bigger than what Clay Matthews Jr was at this time during which he was being drafted.

RELIABILITY METER (#1 is best.......#14 is worst)

#1- nevergiveup

#2- BuffaloATL

#3- kelly blue book

#4- farmers almanac

#5- nostradamus

#6- TMZ

#7- punxsutawney phil

#8- weatherman

#9- economist

#10- ESPN Insiders

#11- psychic

#12- momma pecoraro

#13- Thurman Thomas

#14- Skooby and sources deep within

What about Saprano?

I remember last year there was a poster who came out and said the Bills had no interest in Clausen, they liked CJ Spiller a lot, and they wouldn't take a QB if it wasn't Sam Bradford. I'm trying to find any posts by him, but I can't remember his name. Everything he said turned out to be accurate.

Nolan Nawrocki. He's predicted the Bills first round draft pick correctly since 2006 with Whitner. Right now the inside is Patrick Peterson @ 3, but you gotta wait until he puts out his final Mock draft.

He also broke the Chan Gailey hiring a full day before it happened. Most of us, including the media, didn't even know Chan was being interviewed.

My how the legend has grown. He broke it on here about 2 hours before it was announced, not a full day. Still pretty impressive if you ask me.

Thomas was going up against guys like Walter Jones, Willie Roaf, and Jonathan Ogden, who were not small All of them were at least 6'5" and weighed at least 320 pounds.

They all played when Thomas was in the league. How exactly were they smaller and less physical? Roaf was recently nominated for the Hall of Fame in the same class that Derrick Thomas was in, and Ogden and Jones are shoe ins for the Hall of Fame.

I think you're trying to make excuses for Miller, which just are unfounded. He is bigger than what Clay Matthews Jr was at this time during which he was being drafted.

Does the fact that 2 of those 3 guys entered the league ten years after Thomas and only overlapped his career by like 2 years say anything to you about proving the other guys point? In general, the average tackle is bigger, faster, stronger. The smaller guys today would be in the bigger half two decades ago.

Agreed. Dareus makes the most sense for the Bills. A huge need and a huge talent. Unfortunately, for the Bills they select #3, so there is a good chance Dareus will be off the board. If that's the case, it sounds like Miller will be in the running according to NGU. I just hope we luck out, and the Broncos go in another direction. The fact that the Broncos switched to the 4-3 under Fox should actually slighty increase the chance of Dareus being there. You would have to think that Bowers will be right in the mix with Dareus for the #2 pick. Hopefully good ol' John Elway likes him some DaQuan.

What "huge need" does Dareus fill?

I am getting tired of the arguing back and forth. Eventually we will have to reach some common ground.

Can a Miller supporter please provide some evidence of Miller being strong at the point of attack as a run defender, or displaying strength and power with his pass rush? There is plenty of video of Miller not doing those things, is there any video of him doing it? If so I haven’t seen it.

Until someone can show me, I and a lot of others are not going to change our opinion on him. He is a bust in the making for a 34 team.

I was making a general statement. Of course you can cherry pick a few examples. As far as Von Miller just look at film of the guy and tell me he doesn't look small. If you don't agree then fine we just disagree. I see a player that is small, freakishly fast, but seems to only have one pass rushing move and OFTEN gets pushed yards past the pocket and out of the play.

I am getting tired of the arguing back and forth. Eventually we will have to reach some common ground.

Can a Miller supporter please provide some evidence of Miller being strong at the point of attack as a run defender, or displaying strength and power with his pass rush? There is plenty of video of Miller not doing those things, is there any video of him doing it? If so I haven't seen it.

Until someone can show me, I and a lot of others are not going to change our opinion on him. He is a bust in the making for a 34 team.

+1. He'd be the Spiller of Defense IMO.

Nolan Nawrocki. He's predicted the Bills first round draft pick correctly since 2006 with Whitner. Right now the inside is Patrick Peterson @ 3, but you gotta wait until he puts out his final Mock draft.

Here's his first 2011 Mock Draft.

#1- last in the league against the run.

#2- a penetrating lineman other than the only one we got....Kyle Williams.

True.

The offense was a mess too and is a huge hole.

For as bad as the Bills D was the Offense still had the ball 28 mins a game. for comparison, the Pats o had the ball 29 mins a game.

The Texans had the ball one min more and scored 100 more points. The Lions, Redskins, Redskins Bears, all had the ball one min more per game than the Bills offense and put up more points.

4 out of the 6 teams who had the ball less, scored more.

So you cant say the Bills D prevented the offense from succeeding.

The Bills have needs everywhere and theres virtually no position that cant be upgraded.

Sorry all. Did not mean to throw the board into a panic. That is why I like to wait. I will keep you updated. Remember, after all the sufffering last year, having the 3rd overall pick is the one good thing that came out of it. Too many good players to make a mistake here regardless of position.

Sorry all. Did not mean to throw the board into a panic. That is why I like to wait. I will keep you updated. Remember, after all the sufffering last year, having the 3rd overall pick is the one good thing that came out of it. Too many good players to make a mistake here regardless of position.

Not to worry NGU...unless you told us that the team was definitely going to trade down and end up with 7 first round picks, thus enabling them to draft Dareus, Fairley, Newton, Gabbert, Quinn, Miller, and Peterson, anything you said was going to throw the board into a panic.

Personally, I don't care who or what they draft, as long as the guy turns out to be a player.

True.

The offense was a mess too and is a huge hole.

For as bad as the Bills D was the Offense still had the ball 28 mins a game. for comparison, the Pats o had the ball 29 mins a game.

The Texans had the ball one min more and scored 100 more points. The Lions, Redskins, Redskins Bears, all had the ball one min more per game than the Bills offense and put up more points.

4 out of the 6 teams who had the ball less, scored more.

So you cant say the Bills D prevented the offense from succeeding.

The Bills have needs everywhere and theres virtually no position that cant be upgraded.

I went looking for evidence to support how the defense made the offense worse, and ended up finding stats to indicate the opposite. The offense's starting field position was 20th in the league (not great), then ranked 27th in yards per drive and 28th in points per drive. On the other hand, the starting field position for the other team's offense was 32nd.

Our defense was horrible this year (bottom five in points, punts, and turnovers per drive). Taking that into consideration, the offense didn't do them any favors with field position.

Numbers plucked from Football Outsiders.

Stats don't mean everything and can be manipulated (ex: special teams plays a large role here), but the field position on defense surprised me.