Needs a really long strike.....

MIAMI (AP) -- Quarterback Chad Pennington has a torn knee ligament and will undergo surgery next week.

Pennington tore the anterior cruciate ligament while playing basketball, according to Creative Artists, his representation agency. CAA's release did not say which knee he hurt.

The 34-year-old Pennington will have surgery performed on April 7 by noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews.

A two-time AP Comeback Player of the Year, Pennington's season was shortened in 2010 when he underwent his fourth right shoulder surgery. He is a free agent.

MIAMI (AP) -- Quarterback Chad Pennington has a torn knee ligament and will undergo surgery next week.

Pennington tore the anterior cruciate ligament while playing basketball, according to Creative Artists, his representation agency. CAA's release did not say which knee he hurt.

The 34-year-old Pennington will have surgery performed on April 7 by noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews.

A two-time AP Comeback Player of the Year, Pennington's season was shortened in 2010 when he underwent his fourth right shoulder surgery. He is a free agent.

It's easy to forget since he's been hurt so much, but he used to be a grade A Bill killer. Who could forget when he put that move on Eddie Robinson and ran in for a TD? One of the most embarrassing moments in Bills history(to that date, of course. Most Bills games are an embarrassment nowadays).

I remember a time when people thought he was going to be a great QB. Then a couple things happened.

At the end of a late season loss to the Raiders on national TV, Pennington attempted to heave a "Hail Mary" 50 yards to the endzone and came up 10 yards short. At that moment, the entire NFL realized that you did not have to protect deep against Pennington. THEN, he injured his shoulder on the turf in Buffalo.

The rest is history. Instead of becoming the next Brady, he became a liability to the Jets. With him as the anointed QB, they couldn't win without him, and he couldn't stay healthy.

The Bills can't get out of their own way, but they dodged a bullet with Pennington(not that it felt like that when Pennington soft-tossed the Bills to death in Toronto a couple years back).

I just heard this on Sirius and did a double take... did they say Chad Pennington tore his knee and needed surgery?

Man, that guy should just go into coaching. Doesn't pay as well, but seriously - talk about someone you could label "injury prone".

I just heard this on Sirius and did a double take... did they say Chad Pennington tore his knee and needed surgery?

Man, that guy should just go into coaching. Doesn't pay as well, but seriously - talk about someone you could label "injury prone".

Is he even in football anymore? Time for the retirement home. I can't see anyone picking up this China doll of a QB...

Edited by mattsox