Top Three Picks......

Owen

You are setting the War Room Draft Board

Who are the top three picks for the Bills?

No trades in the first round.....

You have to be right...

In what order would you pick and why......

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to be right...

1. Cam Newton - Let me preface this by saying that this pick is coming from not knowing much about his personality. If he's a jerk then I don't want him, if he's not and he's a dedicated and super-competitive guy wanting to be the Michael Jordan of football then it's go big or go home. IMO, we'll never be back in this position for another decade or so. The guy would learn professionalism and smart play under Fitzpatrick for a year. As much as I like Fitzpatrick a lot and think he can actually win us a Superbowl in two or three years when the team takes shape, I have to go with a potential franchise dynasty move for our team. It will suck not drafting for that defense though, ouch!!!!

2. Robert Quinn - I have a gut feeling he and Peterson will be neck and neck for who's the best defensive player from this draft. I've got to get pressure on the QB (and stop the run) and this is the all-purpose superstar guy for me. A bit risky, but there have been a rotation of about 10 guys mentioned in the top three positions. That means they all have question marks.

3. Patrick Peterson - Well except maybe for this guy, if Newton and Quinn are off the board (very doubtful Quinn is taken top two), then I would take Peterson the lock down solid pick of the draft. McKlevin is stupid and McGee is starting to get dinged up.

You have to be right...

1. Dareus - He has the best track record of all DL rated in the top 5

2. Fairley - Alot of potential here to become a dominating force - Immaturity is an issue though

3. Peterson -Potential to become an elite CB for years and years to come. BPA and wouldn't hurt to have a top 5 CB in a pass happy NFL

1. Bowers - This is more of a risk then before with the knee surgery but I still think with that aside he's the best front 7 player in the draft

2. Quinn - Has doesn't take plays off and he has good size and strength with more explosiveness most of the other d-linemen IMO. Last year's suspension doesn't bother me.

3. Peterson - DB is not one of our greatest needs but when a guy is being compared to Champ Bailey I would not have a problem if we drafted him

Edited by Talley56

While I don't think taking a CB at #3 is a wise move for the Bills right now (BPA or not) it sure would make this board light up like a xmas tree with the posts to fire Nix and Gailey for pulling a Jauron. That could be entertaining anyway :)

First pick last year a "scatback" that barely contributed when the team had 2 viable RBs already.

And follow that up this year with a CB.

Man, peoples heads would absolutely explode :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

Dareus, Quinn, Peterson. I am not in love with picking another cornerback given our needs in the front seven and offensive line,but I am hearing this guy is really special. I'm stil leaning toward one of the two or three truly outstanding defensive linemen, but I'd live with it if we picked Peterson instead.

If you follow Buddy Nix' 2010 Drafting strategy of 4 year players, that were team Captains.

I expect Buddy Nix' board to look like this:

Cameron Jordan

Von Miller

Patrick Peterson

If you're just talking my Personal Draft Board

Marcel Dareus

Nick Fairely

Cam Jordan

While I don't think taking a CB at #3 is a wise move for the Bills right now (BPA or not) it sure would make this board light up like a xmas tree with the posts to fire Nix and Gailey for pulling a Jauron. That could be entertaining anyway :)

First pick last year a "scatback" that barely contributed when the team had 2 viable RBs already.

And follow that up this year with a CB.

Man, peoples heads would absolutely explode :)

Since last year's "scatback" statement turned into Spiller, I think this offseason's "quarterback" statements will turn into a QB in 1st round.

Newton

Gabbert

Dareus

Since last year's "scatback" statement turned into Spiller, I think this offseason's "quarterback" statements will turn into a QB in 1st round.

Newton

Gabbert

Dareus

I think Ponder at #34 is more likely to meet the QB statement.

That gives you the Nix 4 year player, Team Captain criteria to align with the straight shooter statements.

I think Ponder at #34 is more likely to meet the QB statement.

That gives you the Nix 4 year player, Team Captain criteria to align with the straight shooter statements.

I'd be incredibly discouraged if we take a QB outside of round 1. To me it almost like a wasted draft pick because chances are , the qb you pick in rounds 2-7 will not become a true franchise qb. Brees and Plummer (to a lesser extent) are the exception not the rule.

I'd be incredibly discouraged if we take a QB outside of round 1. To me it almost like a wasted draft pick because chances are , the qb you pick in rounds 2-7 will not become a true franchise qb. Brees and Plummer (to a lesser extent) are the exception not the rule.

There's that, and theres also about a 95% chance that none of these 2-7th round guys will ever be as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick is right now. So it would be a wasted pick.

If they want to take that 5% lottery ticket chance on Taylor in the 4th or 5th, then I wouldn't get crazy upset over something like that.

Me too

Dareus, Quinn, Peterson. I am not in love with picking another cornerback given our needs in the front seven and offensive line,but I am hearing this guy is really special. I'm stil leaning toward one of the two or three truly outstanding defensive linemen, but I'd live with it if we picked Peterson instead.

Me too. I wouldn't be upset if Fairley was picked either. If they take Peterson, he'd better be the next Revis or it'll be a major waste given the current roster. I'm not sure the Bills can afford to risk this.