1. Panthers/Newton, 2. Broncos/Dareus,

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time will tell. Miller is an undersized one move pass rusher who is suspect against the run and is going to disappear in the NFL.

Miller isn't really undersized to play 3-4 OLB. You can pretty much say the exact same thing about Quinn (except for size). Except Quinn did it against inferior competition and only for 1 year.

He came right out afterwards and claimed he was just joking. Fairley doesn't seem like a prima donna at all, rather a good kid who happens to play the game with one hell of a mean streak. He's the best player in the draft, way better than Dareus IMO and he would be an absolute steal at #3.

Here's the video of him saying he doesn't want to play in the cold (minute 4). As you can see, it shouldn't have been made into the big deal it was:

http://wkrg.com/a/1204035

Denver is cold weather. I hope DEN is influenced and picks Dareus!

1. I was reading a Carolina forum and I get the distinct feeling that the skids are being greased for Cam Newton.

2. There's almost a 100% chance that the Broncos will select Dareus.

This is a very hard decision. For me, I'm picking from the group of Fairley, Quinn, Peterson, Miller, Green and Jones. These are true "impact" type guys. My gut feeling is that Quinn is going to be a star at the next level, he's a passionate football player, he has his head on straight, and he helps us in both the run and pass defense. I know his bust factor is higher than Peterson's and Green's, but I have to go with my gut for this pick, Robert Quinn.

Who do you pick (doesn't have to be from my group) if those two are gone?...

1.It looks like the Carolina's going to take a QB - but it's no sure thing it's going to be Newton.

2. Dareus is only a sure thing if Bowers (knee) and Fairley (shoulder) fail to show that they are healthy before the draft- if Bowers especially has a good showing before the draft he's right there in contention for the #2 pick.

Miller isn't really undersized to play 3-4 OLB. You can pretty much say the exact same thing about Quinn (except for size). Except Quinn did it against inferior competition and only for 1 year.

I don't care what anyone says, when I look at Miller on the field he looks like a safety. He just looks small. He is on the small side for an NFL LB. Of course he can put on size, but they said the same thing about Maybin. Maybe I'm just gun shy.

If you want to take the debate a step further take a look at some videos:

First is a highlight video. I'll save you some time and fast forward to 1 minute in. The first minute is just him dancing and hooting it up.

Looks freakishly fast doesn't he? My problem is he seems to have one pass rush move and I don't think it will work against NFL LTs. At least give me this much. Looking at that video the guy looks undersized.

Now let's look at some game video.

First up is against Texas

v=qoQII6vrPHE

And next against Nebraska

v=SkDdpgRn7Pk

Edit: Just use the youtube codes because it won't let me post more than one youtube link.

What I see is that the guy will make a play from time to time, but is undersized with one pass rushing move puts himself out of position and is a liability against the run. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on the kid with the second round pick, but not with three overall. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by Dr. Fong

You'd actually take an inferior player over your feelings being hurt that he said he didn't want to play for a cold weather team? HAHA. You know who else didn't want to play for the Bills? Jim Kelly. Worked out pretty good for all parties involved in the long run.

It has nothing to do with "feelings" and who is to say that the others are inferior? You? I think that Bowers reminds me alot of Bruce Smith. Would you take a Bruce Smith reincarnate on this defense? Quinn could be a beast pass rusher from the OLB spot and he is strong enough to stand up against the run. Could he be our Cornelius Bennett of today? The thought on Fairley is that he is a 4-3 DT and we are now in the second year of a switch to the 3-4. Jim Kelly did have a great career here in Buffalo, I'm not questioning that in any way, but is Fairley's attitude really that of Jim Kelly? I don't think any of us know.

He came right out afterwards and claimed he was just joking. Fairley doesn't seem like a prima donna at all, rather a good kid who happens to play the game with one hell of a mean streak. He's the best player in the draft, way better than Dareus IMO and he would be an absolute steal at #3.

Here's the video of him saying he doesn't want to play in the cold (minute 4). As you can see, it shouldn't have been made into the big deal it was:

http://wkrg.com/a/1204035

I saw it before. I was having a "crayonz moment". :thumbsup: I like what I saw out of the guy last year at Auburn no doubt, I just don't think he fits what we're trying to do with our switch to the 3-4. I also think we have a guy with his skillset already named Kyle Williams.

Fairley isn't being courted by 3-4 teams, because he does not have the size. The Bills aren't bringing him for a visit. I'd love to trade down with someone looking at Gabbert, and then take Cameron Jordan.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/25/nick-fairley-to-visit-eight-teams-in-the-top-ten/

Yes they are. :thumbsup:

It has nothing to do with "feelings" and who is to say that the others are inferior? You? I think that Bowers reminds me alot of Bruce Smith. Would you take a Bruce Smith reincarnate on this defense? Quinn could be a beast pass rusher from the OLB spot and he is strong enough to stand up against the run. Could he be our Cornelius Bennett of today? The thought on Fairley is that he is a 4-3 DT and we are now in the second year of a switch to the 3-4. Jim Kelly did have a great career here in Buffalo, I'm not questioning that in any way, but is Fairley's attitude really that of Jim Kelly? I don't think any of us know.

I don't have a problem with some trepidation over Fairley, but don't let it be because he made a statement about not wanting to play in the cold weather.

Thought Fairley said he did not want to have to play in a cold weather city?

It was a joke, and since then there have been no less the TWO different interviews posted where he has said that he'll "play anywhere" because he just loves playing football. He was just making a joke about being from the south. You guys take everything so seriously. As if he's going to pout if he's selected #3 overall... :rolleyes:

He's a DLineman, not a prima donna QB. If the Bills pick him, he and the fans should all be very happy.

Plan A, draft Blaine Gabbert. If there is a chance this guy can be a franchise QB you got to take him.

Plan B, trade down with Arizona or San Franciso who would wnat him or Peterson for a 2nd and 4th pick.

Then draft

1. Cameron Jordan DE. He could be the steal of the draft. Reminds me of a young Bruce Smith.

2. Gabe Carimi OT. Offensive line problem solved.

2.(from trade). Kelvin Shepard ILB. teamed with Poz would help run Defense alot.

3. Luke Stocker TE. Would help running and passing game to have a good TE.

4. Andy Dalton QB. Developmental QB for the future.

4.(from trade) Chimdi Chekwa CB. Depth at position.

4.(from Seatle) Kenrick Ellis NT. Steal at this point.

5. Dom DeCicco SS. played at Pitt for Waynstat.

6. Derek Newton OT. Depth at positon. Lets put this issue to rest.

7. Cliff Mathews OLB . Depth

7. Tom Keiser OLB. depth.

Plan A, draft Blaine Gabbert. If there is a chance this guy can be a franchise QB you got to take him.

Plan B, trade down with Arizona or San Franciso who would wnat him or Peterson for a 2nd and 4th pick.

Then draft

1. Cameron Jordan DE. He could be the steal of the draft. Reminds me of a young Bruce Smith.

2. Gabe Carimi OT. Offensive line problem solved.

2.(from trade). Kelvin Shepard ILB. teamed with Poz would help run Defense alot.

3. Luke Stocker TE. Would help running and passing game to have a good TE.

4. Andy Dalton QB. Developmental QB for the future.

4.(from trade) Chimdi Chekwa CB. Depth at position.

4.(from Seatle) Kenrick Ellis NT. Steal at this point.

5. Dom DeCicco SS. played at Pitt for Waynstat.

6. Derek Newton OT. Depth at positon. Lets put this issue to rest.

7. Cliff Mathews OLB . Depth

7. Tom Keiser OLB. depth.

Dream come true.

I'd take the tradedown route as well. I've simulated trades all the way down to #10 Dallas. Here's that one:

1 9 Buffalo Cameron Jordan DE34 California

2 34 Buffalo Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas

2 40 Buffalo Mason Foster ILB Washington

3 68 Buffalo Dontay Moch OLB34 Nevada

4 99 Buffalo Chimdi Chekwa CB Ohio State

4 109 Buffalo Tim Barnes OC Missouri

4 121 Buffalo James Brewer OT Indiana

5 130 Buffalo Julius Thomas TE Portland St

6 164 Buffalo Chris Neild DT34 West Virginia

7 195 Buffalo Harold Ayodele DT34 Emporia State

7 244 Buffalo David Carter DE34 UCLA

1. I was reading a Carolina forum and I get the distinct feeling that the skids are being greased for Cam Newton.

2. There's almost a 100% chance that the Broncos will select Dareus.

This is a very hard decision. For me, I'm picking from the group of Fairley, Quinn, Peterson, Miller, Green and Jones. These are true "impact" type guys. My gut feeling is that Quinn is going to be a star at the next level, he's a passionate football player, he has his head on straight, and he helps us in both the run and pass defense. I know his bust factor is higher than Peterson's and Green's, but I have to go with my gut for this pick, Robert Quinn.

Who do you pick (doesn't have to be from my group) if those two are gone?...

I am absolutely trading down for more picks if your scenario plays out. If I am stuck with the pick, I probably take Peterson as best player available. McGee is probably finished, McKelvin is average at best, Corner and Bouty will never be starters and our CBs need to be shut down in the 3-4. It's a passing league, I expect our run D to be better simply because Batten and Carrington will be full go plus Troup is prepping big time. Secondary will prob be our weak spot within 1 or 2 years, believe it or not. Jets and Pats are very good passing teams and you know Miami will get a QB to throw to their good WRs. Sounds crazy, but if cannot trade down and get more good bodies in a very very deep draft, I take Peterson as a sure thing.

I am absolutely trading down for more picks if your scenario plays out. If I am stuck with the pick, I probably take Peterson as best player available. McGee is probably finished, McKelvin is average at best, Corner and Bouty will never be starters and our CBs need to be shut down in the 3-4. It's a passing league, I expect our run D to be better simply because Batten and Carrington will be full go plus Troup is prepping big time. Secondary will prob be our weak spot within 1 or 2 years, believe it or not. Jets and Pats are very good passing teams and you know Miami will get a QB to throw to their good WRs. Sounds crazy, but if cannot trade down and get more good bodies in a very very deep draft, I take Peterson as a sure thing.

Some team will trade up for Gabbert at some point in this draft. Will it be us trading out? The Bengals if they don't like him? The Browns trading back?

There are just too many teams in need of a QB in and around the top ten picks, that a trade up for Gabbert is almost certain to happen at some point.

My dream draft would be the Bills trading back and still having the opportunity to take Robert Quinn.

If they stay at #3, I'd be very happy with Quinn or Fairley and I'd live with the Peterson pick.

Thought Fairley said he did not want to have to play in a cold weather city?

Long ago he said he was joking and he doesn't care where he plays. That being said, Fairley or Miller would be good with me.

And I'd prefer Miller.

Edited by purple haze

Boy Mayock is really down on Fairley.

Said he wouldn't draft him in the 1st round, conceded the one year wonder was part of his opinion but then hinted at off field issues, work ethic and toughness??

WTF is wrong with this kid, drugs? steroids? coaching problems??

I'll take

Bowers

Peterson

Green

Quinn

the only thing I might change would be Peterson with Bowers. I want the best players in the draft at that pick(that we can actually use, that's why no Fairley) I just don't think he fits into the 3/4 at all. And I don't wanna try him at DE. Bowers, Quinn, Peterson and Green could all be the best players at thier positions in this draft. Bowers at 3/4 DE, Quinn at 3/4OLB, and you know the rest.

I hav concerns about Newton like many on this board, but I think it's a boom or bust pick and he could catapult us into relevence again. I'm willing to take a shot on him and his upside. If not I think Bowers is the one for me.