130 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you take?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Neither one of these guys are small guys

- Gabbart is a ACCURATE QB which in the end ends up becoming very important

- Newton is the more all around threat.....but Gabbart has showing good scrambling ability as well

- Both have big arms

I would take either one of them and feel comfortable we have a franchise QB for the future......but I would choose Gabbart because of the accuracy....to me.....he is Fitz with a bigger arm and accuracy which would make Buffalo love him.

- Neither one of these guys are small guys

- Gabbart is a ACCURATE QB which in the end ends up becoming very important

- Newton is the more all around threat.....but Gabbart has showing good scrambling ability as well

- Both have big arms

I would take either one of them and feel comfortable we have a franchise QB for the future......but I would choose Gabbart because of the accuracy....to me.....he is Fitz with a bigger arm and accuracy which would make Buffalo love him.

Stay away from Blaine "The Bust" Gabbert. I'll post this again...

Gabbert:

#69 in QB rating

16TDs / 9 INTs (horrible numbers for a spread offense)

6.7 YPA

3rd and 8-10 yards: 3.25 YPA (that's worse than Trent Edwards)

Newton:

#2 in QB rating

30TDs / 7 iINTs (20 rushing TDs)

10.2 YPA

3rd and 8-10 yards: 12.5 YPA

Please read "The Bad," we've seen enough of this kind of performance the last 10 years thank you...

http://atomicteeth.fantake.com/2010/11/07/mizzoutexas-tech-post-mortem-time-to-jump/

Having a 3.25 YPA on 3rd and 8-10 says that to me that he won't be anybodies franchise guy let alone our beloved Buffalo Bills. This is worse than Trent Edwards and this was in his senior season of college! This guy so reeks of Joey Harrington, Alex Smith, JP Losman, Rick Mirer...well you get the point.

Edited by 1billsfan

Stay away from Blaine "The Bust" Gabbert. I'll post this again...

Gabbert:

#69 in QB rating

16TDs / 9 INTs (horrible numbers for a spread offense)

6.7 YPA

3rd and 8-10 yards: 3.25 YPA (that's worse than Trent Edwards)

Newton:

#2 in QB rating

30TDs / 7 iINTs (20 rushing TDs)

10.2 YPA

3rd and 8-10 yards: 12.5 YPA

Please read "The Bad," we've seen enough of this kind of performance the last 10 years thank you...

http://atomicteeth.f...m-time-to-jump/

Having a 3.25 YPA on 3rd and 8-10 says that to me that he won't be anybodies franchise guy let alone our beloved Buffalo Bills. This is worse than Trent Edwards and this was in his senior season of college! This guy so reeks of Joey Harrington, Alex Smith, JP Losman, Rick Mirer...well you get the point.

The key point to understand is that Gabbert put up crappy stats in an offense designed for big numbers, and in which Chase

Daniels complied with huge numbers. Even with the gaudy stats, Daniels wasn't even drafted.

Gabbert did less in his one season and now he's a top 3 pick

I don't think so

The key point to understand is that Gabbert put up crappy stats in an offense designed for big numbers, and in which Chase

Daniels complied with huge numbers. Even with the gaudy stats, Daniels wasn't even drafted.

Gabbert did less in his one season and now he's a top 3 pick

I don't think so

It's weird, I listen to the experts talk about him and it's as if they are brainless drones. They generally don't talk about his play on the field, they talk more about his attitude, his personality, his leadership skills, his work ethic. All important traits, but that obviously should be discussed AFTER you have displayed GREAT ability on the field against college competition.

There was a guy drafted a long time ago because he had everything going for him except his play on the field…Todd Marinovich. He's obviously not a psycho like Marinovich, but this is the last guy that I can remember that was promoted to such a degree that he was a 1st round QB pick with mid to late round on the field ability.

There was a thread about racism in regards to the rough media handling of Newton and the kid glove handling of Gabbert. It's crystal clear that Newton is getting wrongly stereotyped with failed black 1st round QBs, while Gabbert's skipping hand in hand through the daisies with the media and also with horrible numbers from his 2010 season. Has one media expert brought up Chase Daniels???? The opposing handling of these two guys is the story of this draft.

I'm glad that you brought up Chase Daniels. That right there breaks wide open the sham going on in the media's strange love affair with Gabbert. IMO, there's zero chance the Bills take Gabbert.

I picked Newton because if he is a bust at QB he could still be an unstoppable WR, where Gabbert would be a goofy looking white dude with the name Blane and grow a gross beard ala JP.

LOL If he was a bust at QB I doubt the coaching staff will say "Thats OK we will just move you to WR/TE"

I keep seeing people saying that Newton's ceiling is higher, but I don't understand why. Is it because of

his running ability? If so, take Locker or Kaepernick who are similar or better athletes with equivalent

arms. I don't see ANYTHING that Newton has done that translates to the NFL. Even Vince Young and

Mike Vick haven't been big running threats in the NFL. Vick had to learn to be more of a passer to succeed

and I am not sure Young has succeeded. Can anyone name a good NFL QB who was more of a threat

as a runner than he was a passer? I'd have to go back to Bobby Douglas of the Bears in the 70s - and he

wasn't a good QB.

I just think that Newton is SOOO raw and hasn't proven that he has the work ethic to succeed. Maybe more

importantly, he has ZERO experience reading defenses and making quick decisions on who to throw to. I

think that is a very big issue, because I think that is the one thing that can't be taught. If it could be taught,

then I think Rob Johnson and JP Losman would have been successful NFL QBs. Both had good-very good

athletic ability and both had outstanding arms, yet they never could learn to make those quick decisions.

On the flip side, nobody will every accuse Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers or Drew Brees of being

great athletes or having cannons for an arm, but they are 4 of the very best QBs in the NFL - clearly there

is more to being a good QB than having a big arm and great athletic ability.

How exactly would he prove to you he has the work ethic? what do you know about his work ethic or any other prospects? enlighten us.

As for reading defenses, how do you know what his reads were or werent?

Are you just making these assumptions bc he was a running QB?

I personally think on most teams Gabbert would be the better quarterback fit, and is most ready to be an NFL quarterback. With that said, the Bills are not "most teams" and with Gailey's history with mobile quarterbacks and the Bills decade plus of porous lines, I think in our case, Newton would be the better fit, because of his size and mobility.

I keep seeing people saying that Newton's ceiling is higher, but I don't understand why. Is it because of

his running ability? If so, take Locker or Kaepernick who are similar or better athletes with equivalent

arms. I don't see ANYTHING that Newton has done that translates to the NFL. Even Vince Young and

Mike Vick haven't been big running threats in the NFL. Vick had to learn to be more of a passer to succeed

and I am not sure Young has succeeded. Can anyone name a good NFL QB who was more of a threat

as a runner than he was a passer? I'd have to go back to Bobby Douglas of the Bears in the 70s - and he

wasn't a good QB.

I just think that Newton is SOOO raw and hasn't proven that he has the work ethic to succeed. Maybe more

importantly, he has ZERO experience reading defenses and making quick decisions on who to throw to. I

think that is a very big issue, because I think that is the one thing that can't be taught. If it could be taught,

then I think Rob Johnson and JP Losman would have been successful NFL QBs. Both had good-very good

athletic ability and both had outstanding arms, yet they never could learn to make those quick decisions.

On the flip side, nobody will every accuse Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers or Drew Brees of being

great athletes or having cannons for an arm, but they are 4 of the very best QBs in the NFL - clearly there

is more to being a good QB than having a big arm and great athletic ability.

:worthy::thumbsup::worthy:

Guest three3

trade the pick for tim tebow. a report just hit stating tim tebow is "not the quarterback for john elway". anyone who is not on board with tebow, check out the doucmentaries about him.

Edited by three3

trade the pick for tim tebow. a report that just hit stating tim tebow is "not the quarterback for john elway". anyone who is not on board with tebow, check out the doucmentaries about him.

:wallbash: First off, no.

Secondly, you can't trade players or future picks if the NFL is in lockout mode.

The trolls come out at night...

yes they do.

Guest three3

The trolls come out at night...

i posted at 11:55 am also

Secondly, you can't trade players or future picks if the NFL is in lockout mode.

you know it can be done behind the scenes. before the draft buddy offers the third pick to elway/brian xanders for tebow and their 2nd round pick. buddy asks them which player the broncos would like at 3 and buddy drafts the rights to that player. elway/xanders ask buddy which player he wants with the broncos 2nd rounder. the trade is officially executed after the lockout of the players ends.

If Elway doesn't want Tebow, what makes you think he is going to be a NFL QB ? If Elway was talking about a DB or DE, I question his judgement but he has enough of a QB background to give at least decent advice.

trade the pick for tim tebow. a report just hit stating tim tebow is "not the quarterback for john elway". anyone who is not on board with tebow, check out the doucmentaries about him.

First off the Bills could have had Tebow at #9 last year and didn't take him. Why would they take him with the #3 this year?

Secondly, if Elway does not want Tebow he would be willing to take a hell of a lot less than a number 3 for him. Even if the Bills now decided they wanted Tebow they would have to be insane to propose the trade you want. A second rounder at most for Tebow.

Lastly, thank God you are not the Bills GM. You just made Buddy Nix look like a genius.

Edited by CodeMonkey