Very Cool Donte Whitner Bills tat.....

That's the real shame of this all. He embraced the Bills like few players has yet people will always hate him because of where he was drafted. Like it was his fault.

And if he does leave, the play symbolic of his career here is him picking of Brady in his first game for a td, only to have a penalty wipe it out.

I hate him because he is bad at football. He also happens to start for my favorite team when his backups have outperformed him his entire career. I also hate Keith Ellison and Chris Kelsay for the same reasons and they were 6th and 2nd draft picks.

The only way you point would apply to me would be if you argued that the only reason Whitner even plays is because of his draft status, claiming he would have been a backup if he was not a top 10 pick. I wouldnt mind if Whitner was a backup.

Weird thing is on facebook is someone asked: "Resigning with the Bills?" and he responded "ok."

I think he's gotten his contract...which only makes me happy I'm indifferent to the guy but I love seeing the haters lose it.

It's the only reason I want Maybin to perform. Just to watch the most vocal of board posters have to address it.

Do people really want to have all these tattoos when they're in their 70s and 80s and their skin is sagging?

This is the most common, and dumbest, tattoo question.

I usually counter it with "When you're 80, who cares? Who are you trying to impress at 80? Worried about how your skin looks when your 80? Really?"

Honestly, what is it going to matter? I've never understood the "logic" of this question.

Edited by DrDankenstein

My point, Dr. Dank, was that Tomlinson got that big ass Jests tat on his leg...and probably won't be back next year. That's why I lol @ him. Whitner may be in the same boat, with is return to the Bills uncertain.

I'm not against tats in general. Plus I got straight A's this term. Booyaa.

DrDank you're a really good poster.

thanks? I cant tell if thats dripping with sarcasm or not. So Ill just pretend not...

My point, Dr. Dank, was that Tomlinson got that big ass Jests tat on his leg...and probably won't be back next year. That's why I lol @ him. Whitner may be in the same boat, with is return to the Bills uncertain.

I'm not against tats in general. Plus I got straight A's this term. Booyaa.

He has a Chargers one as well. And will probably get a tattoo of which ever team he ends up on next year. Who cares?

You can "lol at him", but he's laughing all the way to the bank, while getting paid millions to basically lift weights with his buddies.

If I worked for an entertainment company that was big in pop culture (like an NFL franchise, or a band, etc) and they paid me millions of dollars, Id probably get a tattoo of their logo as well.

I think it shows commitment to the team.

And again, what does it matter to these guys? Tattoos are "generally" accepted in the business world nowadays, and it's not like he is going to have to apply for a job when he's done with the NFL. And if he does, I doubt that tattoos will hold him back.

I just dont see the downside, or why its stupid, for these athletes to do this...

And congrats on the grades! :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDankenstein

That's the real shame of this all. He embraced the Bills like few players has yet people will always hate him because of where he was drafted. Like it was his fault.

And if he does leave, the play symbolic of his career here is him picking of Brady in his first game for a td, only to have a penalty wipe it out.

Why is a pic 6 symbolic of a guy who doesn't make plays? That can't be what you meant.

In any event, he has embraced the Bills, but let's take into account that he won the lottery on draft day. Talent-wise, he's a guy who in all fairness should be finishing his 3rd or fourth round round draft pick contract, which would have paid him around a mill per season in later years of the contract. He averaged $6M per on this deal. Wouldn't you be appreciative of your employer if they paid you many times over what they should have? Would you take a leadership role if you were made the highest paid person or close to it, in your company?

Sometimes, I don't get why people deserve accolades for something they SHOULD have done. Let's give Donte a plaque for being a great leader and teammate and Mike Vick an award for his work for animal rights in recent years.

Why is a pic 6 symbolic of a guy who doesn't make plays? That can't be what you meant.

In any event, he has embraced the Bills, but let's take into account that he won the lottery on draft day. Talent-wise, he's a guy who in all fairness should be finishing his 3rd or fourth round round draft pick contract, which would have paid him around a mill per season in later years of the contract. He averaged $6M per on this deal. Wouldn't you be appreciative of your employer if they paid you many times over what they should have? Would you take a leadership role if you were made the highest paid person or close to it, in your company?

Sometimes, I don't get why people deserve accolades for something they SHOULD have done. Let's give Donte a plaque for being a great leader and teammate and Mike Vick an award for his work for animal rights in recent years.

Therein lies the issue. No one is saying he deserves awards or praise. But some of us ARE saying he doesnt deserve the hatred that is thrown at him. And it is hatred. And it is constantly being thrown at him directly from our "fans" on various social networking platforms.

People take it way too far and its an embarrassment to the Bills fans as we are supposed to be "the best fans in the league", although, Im not so sure about that after the last decade or so...

My only question is why these ultra-rich guys seem to get a friend with a needle and some pen ink to do their tats. Get what you want, it's your skin, but why not get it done well? Weird shading, jagged outlines, just kind of odd. Ever see some of Merriman's tats up close? Same thing. To each their own, GO BILLS!