"Super Moon" Tonight 19 March

/dev/null

Moon will be at the closest perigee in 18 years, resulting in a bigger and brighter full moon.

http://science.nasa....6mar_supermoon/

Look to the sky tonight (especially around sunset)

Won't see a goddamn thing here in SF. :cry:

There is some loon out here though predicting this, among other signs, means there will be a very large earthquake on the west coast. I'm staying close to my sturdy desk though just to be safe.

I guess that makes him a lunar loon. :lol::w00t::worthy::thumbdown:

Edited by Chef Jim

Won't see a goddamn thing here in SF. :cry:

There is some loon out here though predicting this, among other signs, means there will be a very large earthquake on the west coast. I'm staying close to my sturdy desk though just to be safe.

The Jessie Ventura nuts say that Earthquakes always happen after a space shuttle takes off...oddly, it seems to be somewhat true.

I feel bad for you not being able to see it; I get to see it every night when I go check on things. I don't have street lights or other lights around and the moon can light up the evening like a flood light. I can see clear across fields, colors and everything. It's gorgeous.

The Jessie Ventura nuts say that Earthquakes always happen after a space shuttle takes off...oddly, it seems to be somewhat true.

I feel bad for you not being able to see it; I get to see it every night when I go check on things. I don't have street lights or other lights around and the moon can light up the evening like a flood light. I can see clear across fields, colors and everything. It's gorgeous.

Well I wouldn't see it out here even if I headed to the country which isn't far from the city. We're having torrential rains this weekend.

Well I wouldn't see it out here even if I headed to the country which isn't far from the city. We're having torrential rains this weekend.

Send me the rain. 3" is fine.

I'll send you the moon, fair trade.

Just went out to look at it - finally cleared the trees and houses. Pretty bright ... gave the wifey a kiss under the light of the full moon ... maybe she will turn into a werewolf later :D

It was pretty bright here in Arlington too!

Wow, the moon here in north Georgia is bright as hell. It almost looks like I could reach up and grab it. Very cool.